Tell me!

Tell me!

A Poem by Sweet

When words are not enough to express what you're feeling.

When your path gets rough and your wounds won't stop bleeding.


What do you do when your dreams fall apart,

And reality rewards you with a broken heart?


What do you do to mend your shattered soul,

While pain keeps digging in, creating a deeper hole?


Does your hope crumble and drowns in darkness?

Does your sanity fade and turns into madness?


Do you fall on your knees as you painfully yelp?

Do you wait for a savior while crying out for help?


But who’s there for you? Who will show you the way,

That’ll bring peace of mind, while your head’s in disarray?


Who will be the light that will cast out your fears,

Draw a smile on your face and wipe away all your tears?


Please tell me! Give me a glimpse of hope! 


Give me a reason to believe that things won’t only go downward.

That I may find a reason to be strong and keep moving forward.

© 2016 Sweet


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Timely, poem, for everyone these days, really any day that's ever been. Reading it got stronger the further I read and every line made perfect sense. The title was insightful, for it wasn't a glimpse of the pain within but a personification of the hope. Tyfs!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sweet

7 Years Ago

Thank you for reviewing my poem Cyprian. I'm glad you found strength and hope within it ^_^
Cyprian Van Dyke

7 Years Ago

You're most welcome, Sweet!



Reviews

When words are not enough to express what you're feeling.
When your path gets rough and your wounds won't stop bleeding.
A POWERFUL AND EYE CATCHING START TO YOUR POEM.

Do you fall on your knees as you painfully yelp?
Do you wait for a savior while crying out for help?
BEST LINES OF YOUR POEM, WHAT AN AWESOME THOUGHT.

Please tell me! Give me a glimpse of hope!
THIS LINE KILLS TOTALLY..!!


ALL IN ALL A GOOD PIECE TO READ

Posted 7 Years Ago


Sweet

7 Years Ago

Sorry for the late response, I have been quite busy lately. Thank you so much for sharing your comme.. read more
This is certainly a relatable poem. I like how every line is unique - the overall theme is the same, but you draw in a different aspect of this experience with each verse. The first two stanzas are my favorite. And as for the meaning of the poem itself... deep, gritty, and painfully real. The search for light and hope in the midst of failure and suffering is one of the fundamental struggles of humanity, and you have expressed it very well. For me, my "glimpse of hope" is God. Of course, trusting Him is in no way easy. I have to have faith in the knowledge that He is always there for me, even when I'm lost somewhere else. Excellent work on this piece.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sweet

7 Years Ago

Hello Alicia ^_^
Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts, you're spot-on. I'm happy you enjo.. read more
Timely, poem, for everyone these days, really any day that's ever been. Reading it got stronger the further I read and every line made perfect sense. The title was insightful, for it wasn't a glimpse of the pain within but a personification of the hope. Tyfs!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sweet

7 Years Ago

Thank you for reviewing my poem Cyprian. I'm glad you found strength and hope within it ^_^
Cyprian Van Dyke

7 Years Ago

You're most welcome, Sweet!
Questions that warrant an answer. Sometimes we have to find the answers within ourselves.
A sad and heart felt poem.
I write in rhymes and love rhyming poetry.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Sweet

7 Years Ago

Thank you ^_^ I agree with you. The answers are sometimes right in front of our eyes, but we don't r.. read more
Excellent soul-searching rant expressed as a lyrical well-crafted poem. I get the feeling that, altho this narrator is feeling sorrow, the over-arching sensations show inner strength & determination to fight one's way out of the darkness. Your noun-verb relationships aren't right in a few places:
Stanza 4: does your hope crumble and drown
does your sanity fade and turn

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sweet

7 Years Ago

Hey Barely. I really appreciate your kind words and thoughts ^_^ Also, thanks so much for pointing t.. read more
Not bad.
The pause in the rhyming in the 'Give me a glimpse of hope' is nice.
A stanza that stood out for me is 'Does your sanity fades and turn into madness'

Your decision to write 'Fades -and turn- into madness' rather then 'Fade into madness' is correct in my opinion. Perhaps I'm reading too much into it, but it appears like there's two different sequences taking place, first the sanity needs to leave. To leave the rooms of your mind empty, and only then can true madness settle in.

Good read, keep it up.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sweet

7 Years Ago

Thank you very much for reviewing my poem. I really appreciate your constructive comments.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

449 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 30, 2016
Last Updated on August 2, 2016
Tags: Questions, help, sorrow, sad, hope

Author

Sweet
Sweet

Candyland would be a sweet place to be <3



About
I'm just an average human, pretty random sometimes. I like to write about feelings and deep thoughts. Although my writings are mostly sad, I love to laugh and joke around. So I hope you can enjo.. more..

Writing
Ashes Ashes

A Poem by Sweet


Lovestruck Lovestruck

A Poem by Sweet


Closure Closure

A Poem by Sweet