Thoughts of Lingerie

Thoughts of Lingerie

A Poem by SyberRose
"

Photo by Dawny/Dream Island

"

Why do I have discreet thoughts of lingerie?

Thoughts of smooth silk and sheer delights...

 

The shaft of the moon glistens like shantung

Whispering of chantilly love

 

Austrian crystals flow like teardrops

upon the cleavage of a low-cut night...

 

Sultry kisses of beaded rain

upon the gown of a strapless affair

 

Ruby lips and lingerie

kiss the edge of your silk collar...

 

Lost within illusions of love

and my studded Casanova of designs.

 

©SyberRose

© 2013 SyberRose


Author's Note

SyberRose
Thank you for reading...Warmly, SyberRose

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nicely written, maybe you "have discreet thoughts of lingerie" because for a long time you have been holding back, and your inner chemistry hormones are ready to explode and are giving you silent messages by showing you pictures in your mind, that is what I think the poem is about. Thank You for posting it.

Posted 10 Years Ago


SyberRose

10 Years Ago

Thank you for your comments and your interpretations....Rose:)
Written before my time on WC but a 'sheer' delight to discover and flows like ripples of air on silk itself.
Lingerie is one of my favourite words and you have gilded a lily which I thought impossible here Rose.
(HUGS)
X

Posted 10 Years Ago


SyberRose

10 Years Ago

Yes lingerie...i like that word too...such a sensuous word...thank you for peeking in my window Anth.. read more
guilty. i am guilty of loving lingerie and the enhancements it offers to a woman's sensuality and prowess. this one is a special treat and quite the lovely images are exuding from your page...well penned!

Posted 10 Years Ago


SyberRose

10 Years Ago

Im glad you enjoyed Lingerie...now you will be thinking about it all day ha...Rose
quinfinn

10 Years Ago

the internet has some excellent glamour photo websites....hmmm
Oh, I know such thoughts :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


SyberRose

10 Years Ago

Thank you Anna... and thanks for peeking in today...Rose
Anna a. S.M.

10 Years Ago

No problem :) I really love to search new poems, read them and think about them...
yes, as Dale said..this could melt a glacier.

delightful metaphor used throughout this...

next to last stanza...did you mean "kiss the edge of your silk collar"?

this piece is so cool...i want to store it in my memory safe.

Posted 10 Years Ago


SyberRose

10 Years Ago

I can change that...thanks...im glad you like it Jacob..thank you for peeking in.
Well it is getting hot in here... a glacier wouldn't stand a chance right now.

Posted 10 Years Ago


SyberRose

10 Years Ago

haa....thanks for peeking in ...and thanks for ITS FRIDAY message this morning...i left a comment on.. read more
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

10 Years Ago

I just looked and cannot find one there at all.
SyberRose

10 Years Ago

yes on the bottom of my profile is where you left it...in the comment section.
I am clumsy with reviews and have a hard time saying what I want. (bad trait in a poet) Anyway, this piece is so lovely. Makes me think of loving in the flesh and romancing the air. Man, that came out corny. I hope you inderstand what I mean! ha!

Posted 10 Years Ago


SyberRose

10 Years Ago

Im the same way...I could never be a book reviewer...I either like it or I dont ha..
Thanks fo.. read more
Interesting use of metaphor here... I like the romance entertwined with the decription :) Nicely done!
*clears browsing history* lmao

Posted 10 Years Ago


SyberRose

10 Years Ago

thank you so much hyottoko...and for peeking in again today...I appreciate your comments...Rose
Dear SyberRose

Thank you for your reviews. I thought I would return the favour by reviewing one of your pieces.

I picked this at random partly fascinated by its title 'Thoughts of Lingerie' but also seeing the reference you make in your 'About Me' about where sensuous, sensual and love and romance end and erotica continuing to the point of pornographic begins.

I am attracted by your notion, especially as portrayed in this poem which I will come back to in a moment.

I am in entire agreement with you on this topic. Among the writers I like least in the world figure large Jackie Collins and EL James.

I bought a Jackie Collins novel and the EL James trilogy a while back, but merely as an exercise in trying to understand how their art of wring made them bestsellers.

Unfortunately it was money ill spent as I read only the first page of the Jackie Collins novel and one chapter of EL James and put the books down immediately as I was so appalled I couldn't read anymore.

It was so cheap! Never mind that it was so badly written.

It plays to people's baser instincts for cash. I hated it walking round supermarkets / shopping malls seeing people fill trollies with stacks of EL James books, because they were in such short supply, they thought they could make a buck out of selling them on the street or on eBay!

It is the apparently acceptable end of the pornographic these days. And I object. It diminishes the valid and valuable meaning of romance to the point of bitter lurid destruction.

Billionaires and adultery are a common theme and it disappoints me that this literature is aimed largely at a female audience who make it bestsellers.

Moving on - I am entirely in your camp, the world of the blissfully sensuous romance.

Funnily enough you may think this odd for a man, perhaps not, my favourite author of all is Daphne du Maurier and my favourite novel of hers is Rebecca.

There books that some of us will only read once. But for many of us, perhaps you too, there is a certain book or books I will come back to read and read again all my life.

Rebecca is one of two such. I combine my felony by watching over and again, Hitchcock's movie 'Rebecca' with Laurence Olivier and Joan Fontaine.

My mother forever did the same with Jane Austen's 'Persuasion'

Interestingly Rebecca stays well within the boundaries of romantic only with thriller added. It does not seek to sensualise. It is a love story.

But if I widen my field a bit into the more sensuous, particularly filmic, I am attracted by films like 'North by North West' with Cary Grant and Eva Marie Saint.

This form of romantic thriller has a draw for me, because it never gets round to describing the act, or if it does very tenderly, but leaves much to the reader's imagination, cutting in the lead up and then starting again after. Trains passing through darkened tunnels.

The second novel I am writing is in this genre.

So having agreed with your notion, now to my review.

Structure: Six, two line stanzas. No obvious rhyme. But as for metre or rhythm, there is an effective steady beat underlying the poem which I find alluring.

Allusion, metaphor, use of English and favourite lines: I find myself a bit limited here, because if I were to quote back to you my favourite lines, I would simply quote the whole poem back to you!

So just picking up my most favourite lines or words, they would be:

'The shaft of the moon glistens like shantung
Whispering of Chantilly love'

I adore those lines where you pick up the colourful sensuous notions of Shantung silk and Chantilly lace and replace silk and lace with whispering and love.

'Austrian crystals flow like teardrops
upon the cleavage of a low-cut night...'

Your subtlety repeats itself where Austrian jewellery becomes teardrops and a cleavage, low-cut night. Your mode of self-expression is well honed.

'Lost within illusions of love
and my studded Casanova of designs'.

Again you mix it up delightfully in these lines, where you parallel the love of your Casanova whether illusory or not with a design material. I cannot say whether your choice of 'studded' was intentionally meant to allude as well to 'stud'. Either way it matters little.

Meaning: Whilst with much I read on here, there is a lot to be done by me as a reader to divine a writer's writing and unravel its mystery in review, that is not the case with others, such as yours. Neither is more meretricious than the other.

This is a delicately penned reflection on sensuous apparel and its relation to love and romance.

Overview: I was genuinely enchanted both by the romantic notion behind the poem and the delightful style of its execution.

Accomplished and well written.

With my best wishes

James Hanna-Magill

PS Should you ever find the time, I would be grateful if you were able to undertake a chapter by chapter review of 'Split' my novel here.

It is written with the moral cause of supporting the mentally ill, being if you like a voice for the voiceless. That is why I want it published.

No obligation of course. It is a lot to ask of anyone.




Posted 10 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

SyberRose

10 Years Ago

Thank you very much James...I am truly honored you enjoyed this poem...I don't go to the movies much.. read more
very sensuous thoughts of lingerie Rose some nice metaphorical work in here too... much enjoyed

Posted 10 Years Ago


SyberRose

10 Years Ago

thank you Stella..but I prefer jammies haa..
Stella Armour

10 Years Ago

lol..... me too

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

761 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 10, 2013
Last Updated on May 12, 2013
Tags: syberrose, poetry, lingerie, silk, romance, chantilly

Author

SyberRose
SyberRose

VA



About
Welcome to my profile: I was born in England, and raised in the U.S and now living in Virginia. I write mostly of romance and nature....I prefer not to send read requests so if you wish just read at y.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Scumbag Scumbag

A Poem by s y e