Words from a cat owner

Words from a cat owner

A Story by LungsOfAsh

Its not that I dislike other animals, or the counter pet the dog. I just prefer cats. If you were to talk to a dog own they would down the feline companion hands down. A much more aggressive pet owner than I. Cat owners do not demote the worth of canines. We tend to be passive.
It is claimed that cats do not actually care about people and is only true, part of the time. Cats as we know are quite to themselves and only opened up when you have gained their respect and love. Where as most dogs bought or raised up are quite jumpy and happy to get to know everyone. 
Cats are low maintenance. You don't need to walk them, they keep themselves fairly clean, they bury their waste, and are self reliant. Where as dogs you must walk and dispose of their waste with a bag, cats can roam free outdoors and dispose of their waste themselves. Dogs can't hunt due to not being outside without a leash. If it comes to it though, a cat can finds its own supper in the wilderness. Cats also clean themselves every 5 minutes like its mandatory.
Dogs as we know need attention, to be walked, played with with lots of exercise. For those like me, who are a bit more on the indoors side and don't like to much physical activity like a more relaxed animal. Most cats are very calm and will sit on your lap comfortably like a furry pillow for hours while you watch a whole series on netflix or read a book in one sitting. Dogs however are much more active and need an owner who are just as active as them.
They tend to be quiet.
It's 2 in the morning and somewhere someone is getting home after a very late night at the work place. As their car pulls into their driveway your dog is pacing furiously back and forth infront of the door barking and howling waking up in the house. While the cats sleeps on the couch.
Now as I type this I am aware that different animals vary.
Some cats are loud and mean, and some dogs are quiet and relaxed. But generally speaking what I typed in is the general cat and dog population. And in cats favor, almost every movie or show I have seen the cats are usually villains, associated with villains, are mean, and quite unappealing. Whereas dogs remain mans best friend and makecats look inferior. Well I say NAY! There needs to be equality.

© 2015 LungsOfAsh


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

192 Views
Added on February 4, 2015
Last Updated on February 4, 2015
Tags: cat, feline, kitty, kitten, pet, animal, dog, canine, puppy, puppies, comparison, like, love, best, companion, pet owner

Author

LungsOfAsh
LungsOfAsh

Someplace, AL



About
The name is Sylus, you can call me Sy if you would like. I will not identify my gender for this account is basically anon. I am just here to write. Hopefully someone enjoys. more..

Writing
What If What If

A Story by LungsOfAsh


Go Go

A Poem by LungsOfAsh


Bitter Bitter

A Poem by LungsOfAsh