Why I Write Essay

Why I Write Essay

A Story by Troy Baham Jr.
"

something else i had to write for class

"

 

I write to escape from the harshness of reality.  I write to break the shackles placed upon me by myself and others.  I write to remember the dead.  I write because my own wordplay is ecstasy and witty phrases are my high.  I write to honor those who came before me and to warn those who will follow.  I write to sketch a blueprint of my utopia.  I write to criticize everything I hate and to uphold everything I hold dear.  I write to say what words cannot or what I simply lack the nerve to say.  I write to reveal how I truly feel about something.  I write to stand tall against those who would have me on my knees.  I write to laugh and to remember that good times do exist.  I write to release my negative energy, and I write so that my manuscripts can serve as a testament to the power of experience.  I write because that is what writers do.  I write to question the world around me.  I write to question God himself.  If only he’d answer. I write to lay dormant between both sides of the argument.  They say truth always lies somewhere in the middle.  I write to impress.  I write to digress from the task at hand.  I write to pass the time, instead of listening to the clock tick.  I write to paint a picture with words.  I write to show the joy and pain that accompany love.  I write to finally feel like I’m finally in charge of something.  I write to help temporarily relieve boredom.  I write because my professor is making me write about why I write.  I also write to live, at least on occasion.  So why do you write?  I’m all ears. 

© 2008 Troy Baham Jr.


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I write to express my deepest darkest secrets that I am afraid to say out loud. And in the event that someone reads them, I can avoid having to voice my opinion, concerns or fears aloud. Does it give it any less power? NO, by writing them down I give them infinite life, they will haunt the pages until they are either burned, erased or thrown away and even then the words will echo in the mind of the reader. It will be as though what I said will stay ingrained in their brain forever. Because you can tune out someones voice, but you can never quiet the pen. We write what we speak, we mean what we say and we find a way to get it out so they can never say...I DIDN"T KNOW THAT. I like this poem, saying, uh what exactly is it..an essay. I like it. and You are right, we express ourselves for all those reasons and more.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

288 Views
1 Review
Added on July 16, 2008

Author

Troy Baham Jr.
Troy Baham Jr.

New Orleans, LA



About
Ok I'm an eighteen-year-old heart throb lookin for a good time. I'm from New Orleans which automatically makes me a marketable item and I write a lot of rap lyrics. I'm suprised you actually read this.. more..

Writing