Chapter 20 - Possession

Chapter 20 - Possession

A Chapter by Nataliya Maize
"

Flickering shades of black and red blurred in and out of focus. The flashing images shifted and transformed as the vision of the man’s pain stricken face balled into a tiny orb...

"
Previous Version
This is a previous version of Chapter 20 - Possession.



    Flickering shades of black and red blurred in and out of focus. The flashing images shifted and transformed as the vision of the man’s pain stricken face balled into a tiny orb. His image pulling away like an elastic band until only darkness filled the dream and the sudden eyes of an unknown woman came into focus.

    “Keeiiiirrrrraaaa...,” she heard a voice whisper.

    “Mother?”  she answered.

    As the images faded into the black, Keira ran through the dark nothingness searching for the source of the voice that called. In the distance she saw the wisp of a long white dress come into focus.

    “He needs you...,” spoke the voice in a breathy tone.

    “Mother!” she screamed, running towards the pale figure.

    But like a sheet of white the image transformed into a wind blown curtain, blocking her view before dropping to reveal the solid stream of a running water. Keira approached hesitantly, following the silver stream as it widened and rippled under a moonlit glow. Beneath her soles, she felt the sudden slosh of moistened soil squish between her toes and in the distance saw the sight of several trees that stood before her. She bent down to touch the water’s edge, only to find her fingertips stained in blood. She gasped in horror, and the stream slowly disappeared sinking beneath her feet until all that remained was the unsettling haze of a lurking mist weaving from within the trees and up the hill to where the Wielder’s camp had lain.

    “Rozlend,” Keira spoke softly.

    With a sudden urge Keira climbed the hill, grabbing, pushing and pulling tree limbs too and from her. Her feet slipping down the steady incline from the flood of leaves that lay beneath her. She dug her fingers deep into the softened soil, struggling to reach the top as she slowly sunk into the earth; her feet unable to seek foundation as the ground broke beneath her.

    In the unwaking silence, she heard the whaling cry of pain echo above her and her heart fluttered as two darken shadows moved within the mist. Finally, breaking free of the earth’s tightened grasp, Keira lunged forward grabbing onto a wiry branch and pulled herself onto her feet. As the mist moved about her she saw in the clearing Demetri, Rozlend and the Shade poised in battle.
   
    “It’s time to go,” said Rozlend to Demetri, gripping at his shoulder.

    “Are you sure you want to do this alone?” he asked.

    “You know it’s the only way...,” Rozlend replied, “make sure my sister is safe and far from here...from me... whatever it takes.”

    “Then take what you need brother.” Demetri extended his hand before Rozlend, readied and waiting. “Don’t worry about Keira, I’ll see to it she doesn’t return.”


TO BE CONTINUED...


© 2010 Nataliya Maize


Author's Note

Nataliya Maize
Partial 1st draft. This is actually Chapter 20, I need to updated the book on writer's cafe, because there are changes that have been made to the book. But please keep in mind this chapter is not complete... I'm still writing it. Still, suggestions,or thoughts and opinions are welcome.



Featured Review

This is brilliant, a powerful moving piece.

To me it had a dreamlike sense reading through it a lot of mention of darkness and silence giving it a ghastly fake sense, outstanding.

I Look forward to reading more.

John

Can You Hear The Silence? 22nd June 2010

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is brilliant, a powerful moving piece.

To me it had a dreamlike sense reading through it a lot of mention of darkness and silence giving it a ghastly fake sense, outstanding.

I Look forward to reading more.

John

Can You Hear The Silence? 22nd June 2010

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1 View
Added on May 26, 2010
Last Updated on May 26, 2010


Author

Nataliya Maize
Nataliya Maize

Moreno Valley, CA



About
- When we were young, and life was different - Check out my websites: My Twitter: http://twitter.com/NMaize A.N.A. Twitter: http://twitter.com/anaw.. more..

Writing