Eye Contact..

Eye Contact..

A Story by Sunset
"

Her stare was soft. She seemed gentle and fractured.. Like her entire mind set was broken into tiny pieces.

"

Derrick..

I have some interesting friends. These ones have a thing for Drag Racing. Yep. Loud,and crazy fast. And all out the funnest thing to watch. It gets hot. And it gets a bit scary at times. 

“Come on Derrick! Keep up!” Trey screams from the front seat of the car. “My car will be an old yellow mustang convertible. Man it's gonna be sick!” I forgot to mention.. They are the actual drivers. Yeah like I said dangerous. And so today they asked me to watch their show. So the plan is, they are gonna leave me in this festival ALONE. And I'll watch them race. It’d be fine if I didn’t already have serious anxiety, they are for real gonna cause me to jump onto that race track and stop them from getting hurt. But I have no control over that. For now. 

I’m walking around this small festival. I try to make my way through the crowd, girls look at me like they’d be happy if I took over their bodys for the night. I'm pretty sure most of them were drunk. Or had sunstroke. Food blocked my senses. I almost went to grab a funnel cake. I’m gonna be sick if I eat such a thing. But my sense of smell overruled my will not to eat anything here. I grab a bag of buttered popcorn. At Least I had some sense of mind to grab a small bag. I smiled awkwardly at the girl at the stand after she bit her bottom lip and asked for something tempting but not tempting enough with her eyes. What's with all the girls today? They were all cute. But I could see the faint crazy attitude in their eyes.  I ate a few pieces and wished I didn’t even buy the bag. After I throw it away I go to sit down, My phone rings and Gordon is calling. Gordon also was going to drive tonight. 

“Hey Gordon whats up?” 

“Just wanted to tell you the show is gonna start in about 5 minutes! You found a seat right?”

“Yeah.. Thanks Gordon” I say rolling my eyes then I hang up. I see a small girl. Her back was turned to me. I could only see her braided hair, beads swinging along with her hair. Her soft brown skin shined in the sunset. She seemed a way younger than me. But her body says otherwise. I couldn’t see her eyes when she turned around. The girl bent down and grabbed a cute little necklace. And then our eyes met. She had light grey eyes. They looked almost silver. The beads in her hair reflected in her eyes, as well as the pink and yellow sunset. Her stare was soft. She seemed gentle and fractured.. Like her entire mind set was broken into tiny pieces. 

Shannon..

It was about 5 minutes till the Drag Race started. I was about to sit down when I realized I had dropped my Sapphire necklace. I frown to myself and pick it up. But as I get myself back up I lock eyes with someone. He looked older than me by like a year, his hair was short and curly. It was like a raven black. But his eyes shocked me. His light skin was stuck in a shadow but his eyes glistened like stars in the night sky. His eyes were a light brown. Very light brown, almost a white colour.  His look was so soft and warm I didn’t want to stop looking at him. He was handsome. Very handsome. I break the staring contest between us and look around. Many girls were looking at him. They thought of him as a toy. I could see it in their eyes. And most were drunk.  I looked back at him, he looked down at the ground breathing unevenly. That's odd ‘cause I feel as uneven as he looks.

“Are you alright Shannon? You should sit down before the cars start up.” Yasmine says from in her seat. I looked back at her and she was pulling at her skirt. So I sit down. The bench was cold on my thighs. Yasmine literally forced me to wear shorts. And I quote she said, ‘Come on Shannon maybe you’ll meet a really hot guy! You don’t want to be wearing those crappy jeans now do you?’. And now I’m in tiny shorts. 

            It's been a week since the drag race. Me and Yasmine are Bartenders. I finish serving up a couple of people before I take a small break. Yasmine normally does the easy drinks and hands the harder drinks to me. Then a group of guys walk into the door and almost immediately I recognize one of them.

             "Hey, sorry could you serve them while I go grab more supplies?" Yasmine asks and I nod. 

I made my way towards the group of guys, Yasmine had already served them up water. And now it was my job to serve them whatever else they wanted.

“Hello! I’ll be your waitress for this lovely evening, Are you all ready to order?” I ask everyone to make eye contact with everyone. I try to keep myself from staring at the man whom I saw at the Drag Race a week before.

© 2020 Sunset


Author's Note

Sunset
Um I might make a part two... we shall see.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

22 Views
Added on July 8, 2020
Last Updated on July 8, 2020
Tags: Romance, fiction, etc

Author

Sunset
Sunset

Denver, CO



About
Hello! ~^~ My name is Accalia! I am 13 years old. My birthday is March 14th. (WHERE'S MY PISCES GANG!) I am obsessed with Motorcycles. Although my parents said the only thing I'll be driving wi.. more..

Writing