Four years

Four years

A Poem by What happened to simple old me?
"

Only once in your life will you meet the love and the torment. Treasure them as a child does their origami bird, and then let them fly from your grasp just as quickly.

"
I must have looked at you, as a child looks to their mother. In awe I found my peace at last,
if peace were to rival my every turn for the next four years.
My logic disappeared at your door, every promise that I had ever made,
to be true and stay respectful from my toes to where I walk.
There was nothing that I took from you but truths in life, uncompromising, silly little things.
We never shake those, though. Through the torment, the trial
and everything that is thrown underneath our very selves. 

Walk with me and I shall take you through what you took me through those four years ago.
When will you forget to put up a pretence,
will you slip up. Oh, I caught you many times.
Or when will I learn to forget you. Only now am I trying, four years later. 
You make me unconscious with fear, anxious with hate and guilt and love. 
For I learnt in a short time what I would otherwise have learnt over years of further torture. What is so neglectful about meeting someone who you hate for being everything that you wanted, to be. 
Far crueller, than you could imagine yourself after all.
Give me one more day with you, one day. It will be my choice and you will be my muse for just one more day. 
 I regret not being able to keep my grasp on you. 
  
 

© 2015 What happened to simple old me?


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow this hits hard to anyone who has ever been here and so many of us have. - Not many could have presented this so effectively - it shoots straight to the heart. I loved these lines:
"When will you forget to put up a pretence?" and this "Or when will I learn to forget you?"

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 4, 2015
Last Updated on April 4, 2015

Author

What happened to simple old me?
What happened to simple old me?

United Kingdom



About
'Death was just a simple glance across a dim lit room And those eyes did it Those three words did it Those three words killed him And I surrender to it all Between you and me, I surrender to you .. more..

Writing