Writing exercise - Sept. 07

Writing exercise - Sept. 07

A Story by T. F. Rice

 

SEPTEMBER WRITING EXERCISE:

 

Give someone else a gift of writing & it will come back to you! 

  

      Sometimes we are willing to spend more time on others than on ourselves, so much so that it takes a challenge such as this to open our eyes to our own needs for inspiration. Are you up for a challenge? 

 

      Think about a person you know who is creative, likes to write poetry or stories. Find a box somewhere around your house that you don’t mind parting with.   

 

      Fill the box with little trinkets, odd items to inspire. Examples: an old key, cancelled foreign stamp, article, photo, fun paper, coin, bead, shell, written list of interesting words, an item you no longer want but has a story, map to favorite writing spot (mapquest is ok).

 

      Decorate the box, or leave it “as is”. On box top, glue this explanation and your own note that they should pass the box on, with new or the same items.

 

      This task of making a gift of inspiration for someone else has shown you some of what you need for inspiration (and may not take the time for). Now, write.

 

 

Originally appeared in the Sept 07 issue of The Other Herald

 

© 2008 T. F. Rice


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Well, that's certainly thinking outside the box! Maybe I will try that with my writer's group.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

288 Views
1 Review
Added on February 9, 2008

Author

T. F. Rice
T. F. Rice

Wyoming County, NY



About
T. F. Rice lives with her husband and their teenage son in a small town in New York state in the U.S. She also lives with her creative clutter -- she presses flowers for making candles and cards, recy.. more..

Writing