Nightmare

Nightmare

A Story by Aurora Dawn

It's dark and storming out. I look up through my soaked hair, The water in my eyes makes everything blurry. I look down, and I see my plain black t-shirt and matching pants. I use my left hand to wipe my eyes and clear my vision, I smear my makeup while doing it and the  mascara starts to run down my cheeks. I notice in my right hand is a gun, and everything starts to flood back to me. I look back up, maybe 20 feet in front of me there is a dead body. Then I remembered, I had killed her. I can't remember who she is, and I don't want to remember either, but I do remember that I ended her life with that one fatal shot. I stand there, In the middle of an empty road, empty besides the limp, lifeless body in front of me. Looking around I realize there's a wood on either side of the road. I drop the gun and leave the body, walking off to my left into the wood, with the water rising to my ankles. 
Everything is silent, besides the claps of thunder each about a minute or two apart, and the pitter-patter of rain drops hitting the ground. The trees surrounding me are hollow and white because their bark has been stripped over the years, giving me a leery feeling. I can't see well in the dim light that's being produced by the moon, but I can tell that the branched are weak, and wouldn't be able to hold the weight of a teenage girl. The water keeps rising, and I keep on walking.
The water is filling my shoes and making my feet feel ten times heavier than they really are. It's hard to breathe so I hold my breath, I'm afraid that if I take another breath i'll vomit. I try to take in a small, quick breath but end up getting sick, blood flows down out of my mouth, making the water a dark red. I become dazed and fall to my knees. The water is up to my waist now. More blood starts running down my chin, and i grasp onto my stomach trying to stop the pain, It feels like I'm being stabbed over and over. I can't open my mouth without screaming, The screams that come out are unsettling and shrill. No matter how hard I try, I can't seize the screams. 
I feel tears starting to run down my face, and stinging my eyes. I can taste the saltiness mixing in with the metallic taste of blood. I feel something slithering in the water, around my ankles. I start to claw at my own face, trying to stop the screaming. The screams are getting higher and higher, till I can't handle it anymore. My vocal cords shredded to pieces. The slithering continues, and the serpent wraps around my wrists and ankles and it starts to pull me under the water, I can't escape. 
My back goes into an arch as I try to fight back. Something wraps it's arms around my waist and I feel a burning sensation on my side. It feels like I'm on fire. The creature starts pulling my hair.
"This is it, you're going to Hell." I think to myself. My hair is being pulled, and my head goes back. I look up and stare into the eyes of the monster. It's deep, yellow eyes stare into my soul, and I feel a comfort. The fear subsides and my vision blacks out.   

© 2012 Aurora Dawn


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This story has amazing imagery. I began to read it and I was immediately taken into another world. I could feel myself leaning closer and closer to the screen as I reached the last paragraphs. Great story progression!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Aurora Dawn

11 Years Ago

Wow,
Thankyou soo much!
I didn't think it was as good as you say it is:)
I appr.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

186 Views
1 Review
Added on October 14, 2012
Last Updated on October 15, 2012
Tags: Horror, nightmare, dream, scary, serpent, death, Short story

Author

Aurora Dawn
Aurora Dawn

Boise, ID



About
Hi. I'm Aurora. I just kinda write about anything at any time. If I have an idea I write it down and soon it blossoms. I like writing poetry and short stories mainly. Veni. Vidi. Vici. more..

Writing
Dark Dark

A Poem by Aurora Dawn