Horror of the mind

Horror of the mind

A Story by Aurora Dawn
"

This story is based off a nightmare I had last night, of course this isn't EXACTLY what happened but it's close.

"
I breathed in heavily, running as fast as I can. For the first time I noticed my surroundings. "I'm in a graveyard" I thought to myself. It gave me a leery feeling as I finially realized where I was. My heart pounding, I keep running. The ground starting to
Crumble under my feet. The ground disappears from under me and I Fall, screaming for bloody murder. I squeeze my eyes shut, and start to pray for it to end. I open my eyes, and my surroundings have changed.
I'm on top of a large house. I look around and see miles of corn all around. My senses are stupor. I hear a shrill scream but do nothing. I shake my head, trying to figure out what's happening. I hear another scream, this time it's louder. It brings me out of my dazed state of mind and I jump off the roof of the house, and I miraculously land without any injury. I run in through the back door and listen. I stay quiet and minutes later i
Hear sobbing. I run up the staircase To my left, floor to floor until the sobbing grows louder. I stop on the fourth floor. Listening, and studying my surroundings. It's an empty room, with old furniture from the 1800's. I start walking into the bathroom, fright building up inside me. I enter the cold room, and the smell of the metallic liquid hits me. The walls are splattered with the blood of a young girl, no more than nine. I turn, and see her cold, pale body. Laying in the bathtub. On the mirror behind me is the word 'slaughter' written with the blood of the little girls now dead body. I fall to the ground, hysterically crying. The blood on the floor starts to smear onto me, getting in my hair and all over my body.
After what seems like hours i lift myself off the floor, dried blood coating my clothes. I grab a shard of glass from the shattered windows and walk out of the room, not giving the girls body another glance. The main room has been transformed into a torture room. Everybody I've ever loved; friends, family, even pets, chained up against the walls. Screaming I Try to run to them, my voice goes mute and I can't move. I fight, trying to scream for help, but it doesn't work. A tall, dark figure looms over me and imidiatly I go into a daze.
"Watch, little girl. As everyone you've ever loved, slowly dies." it hissed into my ear. Tears rolled down my face and I looked on helplessly. The figure started to carve symbols into each of their cheeks. Blood running down their face, and screaming in pain. It slowly cut into each one of them, gutting them like fish. After it was done with each person and animal, one after another, he walked over with the blood on his thumb, and whip it across my face. Leaving me in burning agony, and leaving permanent scars.
Hours and hours later he was done. My eyes began burning, and blood is beginning to run down my face. I'm able to move now, Falling to the ground, I start to cry. The shadow, now standing over me hisses in a menicing voice,
"Now that I have taken all you have to live for, I get to take your life. Slowly and painfully." I slowly moved, remembering the glass in my hand.
"No, I whispered. "I wont let you have the satisfaction of ending my life." taking the shard of glass I start to slit each of my wrists, my vision slowly subsiding. Until complete darkness.

© 2012 Aurora Dawn


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ouch! What a terrible nightmare. You poor thing.
I'm not sure what kind of feedback you're looking for. There are grammatical and punctuation errors. Lots of sentence fragments. You also seem to start new paragraphs in the middle of sentences, though I wonder if that might be an effect of copying and pasting to the website.
For only being thirteen you have a large vocabulary. That's a very, very good thing; it means you're smart.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Aurora Dawn

11 Years Ago

Yes, the paragraph problem is from the copy and paste. But everything else it my fault :p maybe I'll.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

163 Views
1 Review
Added on October 15, 2012
Last Updated on October 15, 2012
Tags: Horror, mind, dream, nightmare, death, shadow, blood, short story

Author

Aurora Dawn
Aurora Dawn

Boise, ID



About
Hi. I'm Aurora. I just kinda write about anything at any time. If I have an idea I write it down and soon it blossoms. I like writing poetry and short stories mainly. Veni. Vidi. Vici. more..

Writing
Dark Dark

A Poem by Aurora Dawn