Introduction

Introduction

A Chapter by Tim Youn
"

Hi I just started decided to write a book and now I need a review on these chapters.

"

The C.O.R.E

 

Introduction

The air was cold for a November night. Had I known it would be this cold I would have worn something thicker. Oh I guess I should introduce myself. You can call me Aegis; funny name I know, you can think of it as a pseudonym that we were assigned when we discovered our particular powers. Yeah that’s right we are superhuman whether or not you believe me of course. I belong to a mercenary group known as “The C.O.R.E.” (In case you were wondering it stands for Caution, Observation, Relay, and Execute.) We aren't your average mercenary group. Even though we’re all from different backgrounds and different nationalities we’re all a big ol’ family. Our leaders are known as Father and Mother they watch over all of us and train us to be the best that we can be. Once we master our skill and become full-fledged members they give all of us a super high tech item called Nobles. These Nobles are all unique and are created with our specific skills in mind. We operate all around the world and we take any job that requires professional help, if you know what I mean. Each squad has a minimum 3 person rule so it’s best if you pick people you can trust with your life. Just in case you don’t know I’m the leader of our squad I specialize in firearms. I probably have the best gun control from all the members of C.O.R.E, but enough bragging; my Noble is a holster that can reequip up to three different guns from my choosing. My squad has two other people whom I have placed my life on. Well to be honest I don’t think anyone matches up like we do. My second in command is my good friend Strider. He’s five foot ten he looks like a Korean assassin. He looks like you’d be able to knock him down with one push, but you better watch out if he catches you, because you’ll be wishing you stayed at home. Like his name suggests he excels in speed and knife handling. He and I don’t always see eye to eye, you know the saying don’t bring a knife to a gun fight? Well he and I are just like that. His Noble is a scarf that can erase him from people’s vision, but the downside is they have to be looking at him with bare eyes so I need to constantly provide him with backup. The final member in my group is the beautiful Helleige. She is of Italian/Roman descent. She’s five foot seven she has the coolest hair color I’ve ever seen in my life. Crimson red tied in a ponytail. Let that sink in for a bit. She looks like she should be a model but she’s just as poised as she is deadly. She probably has one of the cooler powers in the group. She can create creatures by incantations; the best part is they are elemental. Such an amazing skill for an amazing girl, but don’t tell her I said that. Her Noble is a glove that allows her to utilize her creature’s elements for herself. We specialize in assassination and target elimination. We are the best of the best we are Team 17.



© 2013 Tim Youn


Author's Note

Tim Youn
Ignore grammar problems, just tell me whether this is interesting or not.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

183 Views
Added on January 9, 2013
Last Updated on January 9, 2013
Tags: The C.O.R.E, Action, Fantasy, Mercenaries


Author

Tim Youn
Tim Youn

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Tim Youn


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Tim Youn


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Tim Youn