Furia

Furia

A Chapter by TabaD
"

Having abandoned Patrick a while ago, Furia begins to feel how much she actually cares for him despite of what Patrick made her do.

"

Furia

 

It's been nearly two weeks since I found this cave... It has been my home ever since. Hunger stings my stomach while I only go hunting when I am starving. The taste of innocent blood is still fresh in my mouth, along with the stains on my claws. There's a subterranean river far inside, big enough for me to swim. But it doesn’t matters how much water I drink nor how hardly I swim, the taste and stains won't go away.

 

The cave is so silent... so quiet, the only things I get to sense/feel are the echoing roar of the river, guilt and shame for my actions... and the collar around my neck. I constantly think of breaking it, but at the same time, it’s the only thing I have to value. I feel so stray without Patrick... Still, he forced me to do horrible things... horrible things he knew were our only way out alive.

 

It cost me to kill over a hundred innocent people, just that... while Patrick gave his own life for me in the Bermuda Triangle. He wouldn't hesitate before doing whatever was necessary for our survival... While I made a big deal over a hundred innocent people, it wouldn't be a problem for Patrick to burn down to ashes an entire country without the slightest bit of regret.

 

That doesn't make him a monster... That's what makes him a Double Scarred Rider; My Double Scarred Rider.

 

I am the monster...

 

I was the most important being in Patrick’s life and still I ditched him like trash. It is I who doesn’t deserve him as a Rider… not even as a friend. Look at me, Furia Wings of Liberty… the first dragon and the strongest among the living... lamenting myself without a path, a goal, a purpose… I now realize that all I have ever done was following Patrick around. But… I liked following him around.

 

Enough! Patrick is my Rider! I have lost here, being ashamed and miserable, a lot of time! I know him well enough to be right when assuring he is looking for me! Patrick needs me… and I must find him. But more than he needing me; I must find him because… it is I who needs him the most.

 

I raised my head from the ground and stretched my legs and arms, but not my wings; the cave wasn’t big enough. Now up, I felt an incredible rush of energy and determination that was almost making me run towards the entrance of the cave, but I headed further inside to have one last drink from the river. That was the best water I have ever drunk, and there weren’t many rivers in this area.

 

My eyes had been deprived of light for a couple of days; I needed to exit extremely slowly not to hurt my vision and blind myself. When the entrance was beginning to look like getting bigger and to open up like a gate, I slowed my pace and almost closed my eyes. Gradually I felt the light blurring my vision while my eyes slowly adjusted. Eventually I was completely out, and the first thing I did was opening my wings and stretching them in every direction. After being closed for so long, having them open felt immeasurably great.

 

They aren’t called Wings of Liberty for nothing; damn it feels awesome… now, back to that cabin.

 

I fast paced and jumped to the sky along with a strong stroke of my wings. But when doing the next wing stroke, I felt a sharp pain coming from my left wing. This made me dive down to the ground. I landed on my chest, creating a cloud of dust. With a light groan I got up and shook the dirt off me while thinking… I guess I rusted myself in these days… I’ll have to walk for a while. My wings will be ready in no time.

 

I felt so determined and focused, so proud and joyful for finally leaving that cave. I began to fast pace towards the direction I arrived to the cave. Half an hour later, after having exercised enough my wings, I was ready to fly and took off. In a matter of minutes, I arrived to the cabin and was surprised by what I found. There were two dead riders and two dead dragons. I cautiously closed in and tried to reach Patrick with my mind, but he was nowhere near.

 

None of these riders was the leader; there would have been one less dragon. I found some tracks and identified them as dragon tracks. They were big and suddenly ended at a point, which meant that dragon took off, probably carrying both his rider and the leader, running away from Patrick, who freed himself from that lock… but how?

 

I took a better look at the bodies of the riders and saw one extra patch of blood between them. I remembered how Patrick’s hands were locked and the next I imagined stung my mind… Damn it, Patrick… I am sorry… I was so selfish… if I had stayed with you, we would have solved this already. I swear I will find you, even if it takes my whole life!

 

Then I followed Patrick’s tracks and they headed into the cabin. But, I didn’t care about what he did in the cabin, so when I found his exit tracks, I followed them immediately. I then noticed something interesting: The dragon’s tracks headed towards Miami while Patrick’s headed… further into the outskirts. And then I remembered that was the direction I took off that night. And to worsen it all, I remembered that after I took off, I flew to another direction exactly to prevent Patrick from finding me by following my flight path.

 

My mind burned with regret and impotence. Those terrains are too dry; there are almost no rivers at all. I might have sent Patrick to his own death! I picked the tracks and flew low in that direction, feeling my heart wanting to exit my body by my mouth and pumping horribly hard as I feared for the worst.

 

Suddenly, something happened with the tracks. It was as if Patrick went crazy and began to twist randomly. He even lost his direction and walked somewhere else. I could only wonder, forcing my mind not to go too far. I also felt something very strange; a deep sensation of fear and desperation. Something horrible must have happened here… I just hope you are alright Patrick, hang on.

 

And as if this wasn’t the only surprise, just a little bit further his tracks suddenly disappeared where a dragon’s born. I looked around and noticed a house far away, there were too some silhouettes in the air. That must be a Dragon Sanctuary, Patrick might still be there!

 

I couldn’t hold my joy; I took off and flew straight towards the house. I was finally going to find Patrick. When I arrived, the dragons around stared at me with curiosity. I roared and told them…

 

My name is Furia; I am looking for my Rider. Have any of you seen a lost, very hurt and thirsty rider?

 

A black male dragon that was slightly larger than me and had a scar on one of his eyes was awfully altered when he walked up to me and said…

 

Furia!? You are still lost!? It’s been a week since I took Patrick to Miami! You must hurry to Miami. No time for explanations, you just hurry!

 

For some reason I listened to the dragon, not only for the possibilities of him telling me the truth, but for the fact that it actually made sense; both all Patrick’s and my friends and our enemies were in Miami. If Patrick was going to head one place for sure… that was Miami.

 

I nodded and quickly took off towards Miami. After half an hour, I noticed the sun was getting behind the horizon and my energies had run out; I needed to hunt and to rest. I located my prey and killed it; I knew that I had to sleep afterwards, so I ate calmly. But when I finished, calm was the first thing I lost. I curled up on the ground and tried to sleep, but the more I tried to clean my mind, the more bombed it got.

 

Come on… come on… F**k! Why don’t I f*****g sleep!! Just sleep!! (I hit the side of my head against the ground) What have I done!? Patrick, I am sorry! I am sorry!!!

 

I let out a long and loud sorrowful roar to the sky…



© 2014 TabaD


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

178 Views
Added on May 31, 2014
Last Updated on May 31, 2014
Tags: dragon, sorrow, pain, repentance


Author

TabaD
TabaD

Santiago, Dominican Republic



About
My main characteristic as an individual is that I enjoy strong emotions. I like horse riding, off-road driving and gun shooting. I enjoy Metal music mainly, my favorite band is Corroded. I like writin.. more..

Writing
Let Go Let Go

A Chapter by TabaD


The Speedsters The Speedsters

A Chapter by TabaD


Noob in Town Noob in Town

A Chapter by TabaD