On Love

On Love

A Story by Chris
"

I was walking next to her like a hummingbird flickering around the sweetest flower. Desperately, I needed her, I was in love.

"

I was walking next to her like a hummingbird flickering around the sweetest flower. Desperately, I needed her, I was in love. With each step she takes, with each turn of the head, with each sideways glance, I felt her flickering softness, and more than anything her rigid despair. She is a wilting rose, her color fading slowly, lost to a manipulative world that cuts a flower's stem just to hold its beauty selfishly. I do not need to hold her. I do not need to kiss her. I do not need to do anything. All I want to do is make her feel loved.

When she talks to me I try to listen. Her words are the clouds in the sky, but truly her face is my world. Her sweet smile. Her compassionate eyes. Her nose that scrunches as she laughs. I can't help but just stare and feel like I am alone with the most perfect conception of a person in the world. I talk to her as if it means nothing to me, as if I could be talking to anyone, but that is only because words cannot express the fondness in my heart that wishes to be heard. There is no point in explaining love. Just as there is no explaining light. It is something you perceive, not something you learn.

I know that she hates herself. Like the moon she wishes to hide in the night, but her faint luxurious glow will never allow it. Some sparkling grace inherent in her uniquely perfect form will always attract some man or desperate thought. Then there is no going back. She puts on a smile and loves like there has ever been love to give. Perhaps this is why I need her. Perhaps this is why she seems so different than everything I've ever known before. She feels when she knows it does her no good, and always, from the ember of her nature, she ends up in flames.

Maybe we could get along. Together my constant adoration, and her lonely impulses of love could come together in harmony. The flickering hummingbird could embrace the rose so red it looks like blood. Symbiotically, we could coexist, intertwined by mutual indescribable feelings. We could rest our weary heads upon each other's shoulder. We could kiss each others lips, knowing that the rest of the world offers up no better pleasure. We could stare into each others eyes, and see an echoing light growing stronger with the promise that it is not alone.

No. I know that she  will never feel for me as I do. The rose does not seek out the hummingbird, nor does it even have the capacity to do so. The hummingbird, also, is perpetually in motion, to stop and stay still would bring the it to the ground. Instead, I like the hummingbird will flicker around her always, giving as much love and adoration as is possible. And if she wilt, so will I die, for the hummingbird lives off the sweet nectar of the lonely lovely rose.

© 2017 Chris


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
Added on September 8, 2017
Last Updated on September 8, 2017