Chapter 1: The Takeover

Chapter 1: The Takeover

A Chapter by Tabitha Alphess
"

Enjoy.

"

The fires raged throughout the city. Frightened villagers running in all directions, screaming for their loved ones, but never finding them; alive at least. The walls of the burning city caked in blood. So many voices that would no longer make a sound.

        My soldiers have done well.

        I cannot kill them all though. I mean, I can, but then who would be left for me to rule over?

        The sand?

        The dirt?

        For cripes sake, the rocks?

        Certainly not. I will spare half, no, one third of the inhabitants and dispose of the rest.

        They’re useless anyway.

        “My queen!” Shouted a young girl about my age with the same face as me. Except her hair was snow white with black highlights instead of just coal black like mine. Her silver armor was coated in a layer of blood.

        Hope.

        Excellent.

         “My queen,” shouted the girl again as she jogged towards me, stopping at my side. Some of her hair had fallen in front of her flawless face (except for a scar above her left eye), and she was two or three inches taller than me. I always hated looking up at other people, I prefer to look down at them, but for Hope I’ll make an exception.

        “My queen, I have . . . great news,” she said in between deep breaths.

        I looked up at her. Her ice-blue eyes were filled with exhaustion.

        “Yes, go on,” I said in my usual dark tone.

        Hope spit some blood into the white, charred grass.

        “The Heiroian army in full retreat,”

        “Excellent,” I exclaimed in an even darker tone. A sinister smile spread across my face.

        “How many inhabitants are left?”

        “About one third, your Highness,” she said. “Is that too many or too little?”

        I chuckled. “No darling, it’s the perfect amount. You and your troops have done well. The most powerful nation in the world has fallen at our hands,”

        Hope and I laughed softly.

        I looked up at the still laughing Hope.

        “How did you know?”

        Hope stopped laughing and looked down at me. A blank expression spread across her flawless face.

        “Um, pardon your Highness, but, I . . . I’m afraid I do not understand,”

        “I mean, dear, how did you know how many inhabitants I wanted left?”

        Hope smiled. “Oh, that. Well I’ve known you since birth. I should have been able to pick up something about you by now,”

        I chuckled. “I should hope so,”

        We laughed for several heartbeats.

        Out of the corner of my eye, I saw something move. I stopped laughing and looked closer at the figure. It was a man wearing green, bloodstained armor. His legs were severely burned (too much so to walk). He was crawling on his belly, grunting in pain with every small movement as he slowly made his way up the charred hill.

        I chuckled. “Looks like not all of the Heiroian army is full retreat,”

        Hope lifted her bow and arrow. “Just a loose end,” she said darkly. Her expression was hard and her ice-blue eyes were dark and cold.

        She aimed at the defenseless soldier, and fired.

        There was a cry of pain then all was still and silent, except for the flickering flames of the burning city and a few distant screams.

        Hope lowered her bow. “The Heiroian nation is at our mercy,”

        I chuckled darkly, almost sinister.

        “There will be no room for mercy in my kingdom,”

Hope looked down at me, her eyes were clouded and her face was expressionless.

        “Speaking of which, what do you plan on calling your kingdom?”

        I smiled evilly, a sinister smile chuckle rising in my throat.

        “Deathrosia, my kingdom will be named Deathrosia,”

        And with those words the curse was released into our world.

        I was one step closer to ending my sister’s life.

        Permanently.



© 2013 Tabitha Alphess


Author's Note

Tabitha Alphess
Please ignore any grammar or spelling errors.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

really good! I like it and can't wait to read more from you!

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 30, 2013
Last Updated on May 30, 2013


Author

Tabitha Alphess
Tabitha Alphess

MN



About
My pen name is Tabitha Alphess and I'm a follower of Christ. My writings and novels range anywhere from Apologetics and theology to science fiction to mystery and suspense and fantasy. My most common .. more..

Writing