Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Tabitha Alphess

To my Father, who loves me more than I can even fathom. He has loved and cared for me all this time. He looked after me when I didn’t want Him around. He took me in when I had shut Him out. He created the heavens and the Earth and all that is in them, but yet is eye in me. On all of us. He loves us more than we can hate Him. People claim that He is my religion.

But He is so much more than that.

He is my Father. My Rock, my Comforter, my Savior, my Alpha, my Rabbi, my Judge, my Physician, my Spouse, and my dearest Friend.

I know I am hardly deserving. I know I am unworthy even to remove His sandals. But that’s alright. I follow Him because I know He loves me.

If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails.

But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child; I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. (1 Cor. 13)

I know I make mistakes. I know I mess up all the time. But that’s alright. Because I know you’ll be there to pick me up and catch me when I fall. Because you love me, I never have to worry about being perfect. I can just be myself around you. I can chortle and dance and get cake all over my face and make a fool of myself and know with comfort that you’ll still love me. Because you love me for me, and because of who I know, or how I look, or what I’ll become.

Because you love me, I want to follow in your footsteps. I know I will probably stumble and trip and fall. I know I’ll make mistakes. I know I may get hurt just trying to keep up with you. But that’s alright. Because I know you’ll stop and pick me up. You’ll be there to comfort me and bandage my wounds. Because you love me. You heal my heart, my body, and my soul. You’ll always be there you help me get back on my feet. No matter what this world says about you I’ll always love you.

I don’t need to be popular; I don’t need to conform to this world. All I need is your love, and I will be satisfied. I am not going to change myself for this world, because I know it’s not worth it. They don’t love me the same way you do. Unconditional love.

I’d rather be hated by the world for loving you, than be loved by the world and shunning you. I would rather die a hero than eventually die a coward. I was born an original; I don’t want to die a copy. You made me special. Reputation is what the world sees, what they think I am. Character is what you see, it’s what I really am.

Thank you for loving me for my character and not my reputation.

People are always saying, “The sky’s the limit.” But I don’t believe that because I know there are footprints on the moon. Even if I miss I know I’ll land among the stars.

I don’t have to be ashamed of you. You’re not ashamed of me. You’re an awesome Dad. Because You love me for me. You are love.

I love you Daddy. Thank you for loving me for me.



© 2013 Tabitha Alphess


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

115 Views
Added on July 8, 2013
Last Updated on July 8, 2013


Author

Tabitha Alphess
Tabitha Alphess

MN



About
My pen name is Tabitha Alphess and I'm a follower of Christ. My writings and novels range anywhere from Apologetics and theology to science fiction to mystery and suspense and fantasy. My most common .. more..

Writing