Flashback

Flashback

A Poem by Tahj
"

..As I observe what I was, to what I have become.

"
As I begin to assess myself and all that I've been through in the last fourteen years
I see how whole I was then, and how broken I am now.
The environment which was my habitat just wasn't stable enough,
it wasn't secured for a caged bird like me.

I broke out of the cage and got a taste of freedom and what it's like to make my own decisions 
it was pleasurable; Being able to view the city from any desired location, Hit on anyone at anytime, it was almost as if there were no rules. 

I couldn't control myself, I began to make mistakes and eventually I found myself locked inside the cage again. I hated it but I knew it was my fault for being so careless; It was just too good to be true. Being able to roll a blunt and seemingly puff my problems away, no such thing.

It was that one messed up night, My innocent body walked into a pub around the corner and requested liquor. Obviously the bartender wasn't gonna serve a minor, but the drunk b*****d beside me didn't mind when I took his vodka and downed it. I became addicted, My young body began to sway and I stumbled out of the pub around 3 am, somehow when I woke up I found myself lying in my old bed in the prison that I had hated to call home. Blood shot eyes and a twisted mind, I couldn't seem to fathom the fact that I had messed up my entire life in just one night, then I realized that I was reminiscing and that I could never change it.

© 2015 Tahj


Author's Note

Tahj
Tips?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

117 Views
Added on July 7, 2015
Last Updated on July 7, 2015
Tags: Reminisce

Author

Tahj
Tahj

Kingston, Jamaica



About
Aspiring writer aiming to please and tease the minds of readers. Sometimes all we need is a poem or a story to save us from ourselves; The words will be your friend even when you feel all alone, they .. more..

Writing
help help

A Poem by Tahj


The Sad Boy The Sad Boy

A Poem by Tahj