Noka's Love

Noka's Love

A Chapter by Brenna

Background to the story
Noka has been the Wolf King for the last 525 years. To an immortal that is not long. To the other Kings in the realm he is “young”. The immortal kings can be killed and can turn their “mates” into immortals if they wish. This is King Noka’s story of how he fell in love with Runa.

Story

It all started on a cold, windy November night. King Noka had been out for a walk in the deep forest of his kingdom. He had been having trouble sleeping in his chamber the last few months and had taken to walking around in the surrounding forest of his castle. Most of the members of his court lived inside the castle wall. As he walked around in his wolf form Noka headed for the lake. As he drew closer to the lake he knew something was different about the feeling in the air. Noka pushed through the underbrush of the woods. When he did he was taken by surprise, the off feeling was the Elves. They were surrounding a small figure on the ground. He sniffed the air and caught the scent of a young wolf. He padded forward slowly but with power.
“You all are out of place here, and picking on the wrong creature. She is a wolf. You are in wolf land. I see a problem here. Now I kindly ask you to leave my land and her at once.” Noka says padding closer. The elves turn to face him and they flee with the gesture from what seems to be the leader. Noka pads directly to the harmed wolf. Ashe drew closer he could see that she was a very pretty wolf. He looked down at her and closed his eyes. “Timblus nobalus chula.” He chanted and as he did her wounds slowly healed the selves, not fully but enough to save her. He sat down and waited for her to wake up and they help her back to the castle where she can receive more treatment. As the time passed Noka passed and watched the moon. As the moon was setting the she-wolf started to wake up.
“Wh….who….are you?” She asked when her eyes found Noka. He rose to his paws and turned to her. As their eyes meet Noka smiled and the she-wolf froze in her place. “Oh, King Noka, I am so sorry….I…I did not recognize you. Please forgive me.” she fumbled her words and dipped her head.
“No need to do that. It is alright.” He chuckled. “I wish to get you back to the castle to receive more treatments for your wounds.” He said moving closer. “I waited for you to wake up to make sure you were ok with it.” She nodded and looked at her bloody pelt and sighed. Then looking back at Noka she nodded.
 “That would be fine.” She said softly. Noka nodded and padded over to her and leaned down and nudged her up slowly making sure to be careful of her cuts and scratches. Once she was up he allowed her to lean into him with her full weight. They padded back to the castle at a slow and steady pace. As they got to the castle gates the guards came out to help Noka and the unknown wolf that was with him.
“Take her to the room next to mine. She will need constant tending to and healings done a lot. I will look after her mainly but I will also require more assistants. Treat her as if she was one expecting pups.” He commanded his guards. As a few rushed to get the females to help Noka called “Also make sure she gets cleaned up.” He looks at her and gently pushes her into the head guard of the palace. She looked at him and smiles weakly. He stands there as they lead her into the castle. Noka checks on everything around the castle before going to see the she-wolf that he had found in the woods. As he neared the room he could see other wolves from the court looking about and talking about the new she-wolf.
"Master Noka!" Nanta, the lead warrior, called to Noka when he came into her view. He turned to her and smiles.
"Nanta, how many times do we have to go over this? It is just Noka." He said looking at her with a small smile. He had watched this young wolf grow to where she was today. "What is it you need, Nanta?" He asked looking at the door to the room of the new she-wolf.
"It's about this new she-wolf." She said and his attention snapped to her. "She seems to be with pups, sir." Nanta says softly so no one else can here. Noka looks at her with a confused face.  Nanta stand there silently watching him. He shakes his head and pushes past Nanta and pads into the room and sees the she-wolf.
"Who is the father?" is the first thing out of his muzzle. As soon as it was out he winced and looked at her with a soft gaze.
"His name was Jayson. He was killed just on the line by the Elves land." She said looking away. "He was protecting me." her voice is shaky. She lays her head on her forepaws and sighs. Noka watches her closely. Then he sits down.
“If you wish I will step in as the father to the pups.” He says calmly. Runa looks at him and smiles. She knew that what he was doing was not to make himself look good in the publics’ eyes but more for her.
“I would like that.” She said looking at him. As they sat there talking Noka felt himself being drawn to Runa and he wanted nothing but to make her happy. As the night drew to an end Noka looked up at Runa.
“You know this whole time we have been talking I have not gotten your name.” He chuckled and smiled. “I mean you already know mine, so what is your name?” He asked.
“Oh I did not release I had not told you. My name is Runa.” She said with a tired voice.
“Do you wish to sleep? You have had quite a day.” Noka said getting up on his feet. Runa nods to him and Noka leaves her to sleep. The next morning around noon Noka went to see Runa and she was happy to see him. Over the next few days Noka and Runa grew closer and closer. After a while Runa gave birth to 4 pups, three males and one female. Runa was very happy and Noka was too.
“Runa they are so adorable.” Noka said with a smile. Runa smiled and nodded to him.
“They are. I’m glad you are here Noka.” She said nuzzling his shoulder. Noka’s ears went back and he lay next to her and nuzzled her back.
“Runa I want to ask you something.” Noka said softly with a scared voice.
“Noka, what is it?” she asked hearing the fear in his voice.
“I was wondering if you would be mine.” He asked softly.  She looks at him and smiles.
“I would love to Noka.” She says and licks his muzzle. He smiled and sighed. That is when Noka and Runa heard the commotion outside. A guard burst through the door.
“Noka, the elves are attacking!” The guard yelled and Noka jumped to his paws and followed him.
“I will return my dear. Stay here and be safe.” He called as he ran through the open door. He ran down the hall next the guard.  “Where are they at? Which entrance did they come in?” He asked as they ran.
“West entrance. They are outside of the throne room when I came you get you.” The guard said, as they turned a corner and crashed into two elves. Noka jumped on one and pinned him.
“Tunsan hold him for me. I need to get the other one.” He said to the guard and went after the elf that had slipped past them and chased him into the courtyard and took his life quickly. When he returned to where he left Tunsan he found him in a puddle of blood. He closed eyes and sighed. “I’m so sorry Tunsan.”  He said softly. Then he heard a loud sound coming from Runa’s chamber. He turned and bolted for her room. As he burst through the door he says the female Elf standing over Runa’s bleeding body.  He charged at the elf and attacked her. His large paw hit her face and knocked her into the wall on the opposite side of the room. He let out a loud howl and wolves came running. Moments later Noka was standing on Runa’s dead body. He nuzzled her and cried out. Then it hit him, Runa’s pups. He looked around and searched. Then he found the pups in a pile dead. He nudged each one and then the little female pup let out a whine. He jumped and picked her up. “Take her to the nearest mother. NOW!” he ordered the closest wolf. The wolf took the pup and took her away. “LEAVE ALL OF YOU NOW!” Noka growled and went to Runa’s body. He lay near her body and cried. He had loved her so much and just as he had asked her to be his and she is gone. What was he to do now?


© 2015 Brenna


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
Added on April 16, 2015
Last Updated on April 16, 2015
Tags: love, hearbreak, struggles, hope, mythicals, life, dragons, elves, werewolves, immortals


Author

Brenna
Brenna

Kokomo, IN



About
Hello I love writing all kinds of stories mainly love stories though XD. Hope you like them. more..

Writing
Let's Go! Let's Go!

A Chapter by Brenna


WHAT?! WHAT?!

A Chapter by Brenna