Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
A Nightmare

A Nightmare

A Story by Anonymous Girl
"

A young girl getting kidnapped when she is 3 and her sister looking for her

"

“Natalia!” My Mum shouted through the kitchen window towards backyard calling for my sister. "Natalia!" she shouted at the highest level of her voice but Natalia was so busy playing it was like no-one was calling her.

"Melanie, get that girl in, before I lose it!" I could hear my Mum's voice rising up with every word she spoke in that sentence. I quickly finished washing up, dried my hands and started to walk towards the door leading to backyard. I didn't complain or moan about it and asked her to ask my brother, Daren, to get Natalia in.

I had twin non-identical sisters. They were only 3 of years and I was 10. My brother, 9 of age, couldn't be asked to get Natalia in before my Mum loses her temper. Mum didn't ask him because I knew what he would've done: go outside, ask Natalia once to get in, she won't listen slap hardly once or twice on her back or arm, hold her wrist tightly, force her to stand up and finally drag her inside. Mum couldn't take that risk but she simply asked me because 2 reasons: I was near Mum, in kitchen and I was oldest of them all and she thought I was responsible enough. But I know I wasn't. I wasn't even that mature for my age.

I was about to get Natalia up when my other sister, Gabriela, came running outside. That's when I took my eyes off Natalia and turned to Gabriela.

"Sis, would you help me in making a princess castle?" She asked me with those innocence filled eyes staring right into mine and I couldn't reject.

"Yeah, sure Gabe. Let’s take Nate as well so we can build a big one, okay?" I answered to her with a calming voice. A big smile spread across her face and she nodded with a sudden jolt.

"Nate, lets----" I turned around to get Natalia with us in but a terrific shock hit my body and travelled through it, shaking it badly as I could feel it. It was like something has gone wrong. However, that is true; a shock did hit me because Nate was no-where in sight.

I searched for her everywhere: back street, the house, backyard for like five times but she was nowhere. I knew something had gone wrong because this petrifying shock had never hit me before or even if it did, it only would've been a serious situation. I asked Mum if she has seen Natalia, five times or may be more but the answer was same every time: no.

Wait! I haven't asked Daren yet! May be he knows. I thought and started to run towards my brother's room.

"Daren! Daren!" I shouted his name twice in case he was somewhere else so he would reply and let me know. My voice so alarming that even someone was sleeping deeply would've woken up. "Daren! Have you seen Nate?" I asked him first thing upon reaching to the door of his room. I was full of exhaustion but I hadn't had any time to stop and pull my breath together. "No.", his voice was so calm and relax it made me to worry more.

I left and ran to Nate's and Gabe's room for like fourth time and searched for them. Every single time I found Gabe playing with her building blocks but not Nate. "Gabe, have you seen Nate anywhere?", I asked Gabe, hurriedly.

"No." She replied in her childish voice. It was calm just like Daren.

Why isn't everyone worried? They don't know where Nate is and they are so calm. It's making me uneasy! I thought while running downstairs.

Wait a moment! I stopped in midway and a flash of hope ran across my face lighting it slightly. I haven't checked front yard yet. Maybe she is there. I was already stepping out of the front door when I finished that thought off.

That's when I saw her.

That's when I saw a car.

That's when I saw a man in whole white suit with a hat.

That's when I saw the man holding the door of the car to Nate.

"NATE!" I shouted first but she didn't hear me and got in the car. The man turned and I knew I had seen that face before. A wicked smile had spread across his face. His black eyes were pinned into my dark brown eyes. I knew I had seen that smile and those eyes before.

"NATE!" This time I screamed her name. "NATE!", I started to run towards the car. It was still far from where I was. The man had started to walk to the other side of the car. I was in the midway when he opened the door and entered in the passenger seat next to Nate's.

"NATE!" It was last time I shouted her name. By the time I got near to the car, the driver started the engine and was already driving.

My eye lids flash opened and I lifted my body into straight sitting position without any jolt. I was sitting straight in less than two seconds. "Nate!", I almost half shrieked my sister's name. I looked around my room with my wide open eyes. I am in my room. Then my gaze turned to the wall in front of me where my purple and white clock was hanging. And it's only 1.30 of night. I started to feel my face, limbs and head to see if everything was in place. Everything is here. I pinched myself hardly on my left arm to make me believe that I was in my room. I let a squeaky 'ow' out of my mouth. Thank God. I said it in my head and relaxed my shoulders. Thank you so much.

I was glad by that time because I realized that it was only a nightmare that disturbed my peaceful sleep.

© 2014 Anonymous Girl


Author's Note

Anonymous Girl
It's a real nightmare that I had when I was 10 about one of my sister getting kidnapped and the other morning I was shaking with fear and thought of it. My twin, non-identical sisters are the best thing that ever happened to me.
I changed names and last paragraph to make it more fictional. Hope you like it. Do review and let me know if there are any grammar and/or spelling mistakes.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow, I'm so glad that was a dream! Really, I got chills reading it. Great pace & totally creepy.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Anonymous Girl

11 Years Ago

Wow thanks ^^
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Dez
You have i Twin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sorry so off the subject but i enjoyed this, but many grammar mistakes (i have no room to talk). this was mt favorite line "I pinched myself hardly on my left arm to make me believe that I was in my room. I let a squeaky 'ow' out of my mouth. Thank God. I said it in my head and relaxed my shoulders." i so do this when i have a nightmare. good chapter. ps please read my story "Lemecha updated 2"

Posted 11 Years Ago


Anonymous Girl

11 Years Ago

Oh I don't have one twin I was meant to write two younger twin sisters... Thank you so much... ps: y.. read more
A real nightmare, well written, and easy to read. I liked the ending.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Anonymous Girl

11 Years Ago

Thank you ^^
I'm an only child, but I know that if I did have brothers or sisters that the thought of losing them would be terrible. You clearly portray the events of your dream through this short story, good job.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Anonymous Girl

11 Years Ago

Thanks for the review :)
RachelReaper

11 Years Ago

anytime
This is a nice story. We all get bad dreams.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Anonymous Girl

11 Years Ago

Thanks and yes we do :)
Very exciting, and I like the dream twist at the end.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Anonymous Girl

11 Years Ago

Thank you :)
You make it very vivid....superb!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Anonymous Girl

11 Years Ago

Thanks :)
It's a good story... Nightmares sometimes grip you hard but we should still pay attention to it for future references..
Keep writing (:p

Posted 11 Years Ago


Anonymous Girl

11 Years Ago

True :) thanks :)
Hi, There are many gramatical errors in the piece but I am guessing my knowledge of your language would mean I could not even place a full stop! Anyway it was well constructed and built up good tension and the dream was rather unexpected so a good trap!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Anonymous Girl

11 Years Ago

Thank you for review and letting me know about grammar errors. I will try and not make any mistakes .. read more
Nice work! You had me guessing near the end there.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Anonymous Girl

11 Years Ago

Oh and thanks :)

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

847 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on August 30, 2012
Last Updated on July 2, 2014

Author

Anonymous Girl
Anonymous Girl

Among Stars And In Universe



About
I love writing. When it comes to writing and I hold my pen I start to write whatever comes in my mind. I also like reading from which I got inspired and started to write different stuff. I love pret.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..