Blue Friend

Blue Friend

A Poem by Tam Warink
"

Short and blunt.

"

I read you were blue, so I brought white paint.

Bring your cheek close and let's celebrate.

A glass of wine and that barren wall...  a likely target for it all.

Even white gets the blues or so I've read.

You are a fantasy, a study in blue... let's slide between that cool white

Let's experience color, read red, glow until we're blue and then estivate.

© 2014 Tam Warink


Author's Note

Tam Warink
Nothing to it. Since it was written on the 4th of July let's call it a simple allegory of the birthing of a nation. Perhaps the United States, perhaps France... any country really but I was thinking of the colors/colours in the flags and how they might represent the struggle of people to lift up one another and attain a certain degree of elevation with respect to an onerous set of conditions. How a people and a nation choose to express their fundamental beliefs exposes, I think, a certain set of characteristics that ultimately define who they are and what they purport to represent to the world. There are innumerable aspects to contrast and compare and elaborate upon; this is only one. Happy birthday, USA.

USA and I were lovers when I was young. She was born blind at birth. How we came to know each other and to be that way is another story. In fairness to the experience I kept my eyes closed under a blindfold and she always left the lights on. It taught us both a lot about words and play and what people say and do versus what they mean or meant or wanted too.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like it, though it was written on the 4th of July it could be talking about patriotism or a couple.. Excellent.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tam Warink

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Meraki. Yes, it may seem a bit alien but it's intended for the bipedal and hemispherical.. read more
I like it, both with and without the added description. It really works well on multiple levels...=

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tam Warink

9 Years Ago

Thanks, Diana. I look at your picture and it makes me appreciate you, your reading this and, of cou.. read more
I do think it is time to come out of estivation and let those colours find their richest hues. Bring on the washing rains … wash the blue away:)

A 100 newly washed flags from me.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tam Warink

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Pryde... now, I'm thinking that flags are too often washed with tears. But, I'm still f.. read more
damn this is cool blue...and glowing..."slide between that cool white"
i like the intimation there.

i brought my cheek close to this poem and it felt good.

jacob

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tam Warink

9 Years Ago

Ha! Jacob, you're sort of a scoundrel I think. But probably a nice once... how on earth can that p.. read more
I thought instead we'd paint the town red....adding white should makes a lighter shade of blue Tam. ;) Great word, estivate, let the good times roll this summer...

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

9 Years Ago

You won me over by calling me kiddo...ha been a long time! ;)
Tam Warink

9 Years Ago

Tam Warink

9 Years Ago

heart heart heart ... pleasant memories I hope :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

382 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 4, 2014
Last Updated on July 5, 2014
Tags: blues, friends

Author

Tam Warink
Tam Warink

Half Moon Bay, CA



About
--- I am on a writing hiatus and RR's are turned off for now. If you want a review or simply my thoughts on something you have written send me an WC email. Thank you for understanding. ^_^ --- .. more..

Writing
The The

A Poem by Tam Warink



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Pickles Pickles

A Chapter by Lyn Anderson