Past memories

Past memories

A Chapter by Tama
"

May leaves the inn and is lead to the demon king by Ryuu but on the way she begins thinking of the night her parents were murdered.

"

Luckily she was on the first floor and landed safely, but it was broad daylight and someone sneaking out of a window was completely obvious. She tried being as secretive as she could but still had no idea where to go. It was strange how at that moment she wished Ryuu was there.

“I’m not a dog ya know,” she heard him behind her.

“What….”

“You summoned me,” he said rolling his eyes.

“Look! You’re the one who brought me to this place, the least you can do is help me!”

“Ooh a bit sassy are we? Very well.”

Ryuu hunched over and thick black wings sprouted out from his back.

“Come here.”

May stumbled over to him and he wrapped his arms around her. She remained silent. Soon a gust of wind swept them up from the ground and into the air. I looked down at all the people who seemed like medium sized dots.

“Can’t they see us?”

“No one can see demons my dear.

“Then how can I see you?”

Ryuu smiled his usual smile and with her in his arms they flew towards darkness. In the comfort of his soft feathers, May began thinking of that night; the night of her parents murder.

May walked slowly over the loud wooden flooring. In the process, passing each memory embedded in every crack of the home, leaving the laughter and smiles that once supported them. She knelt down in front of the bodies of her parents and using her finger removed her bangs from her face. What was she to do? No one could help her, but it seemed everything was left in her hands.

Once her sisters got home she would have to deal with more tears than she had mops to clean them with. She raised her head and scanned the area. Her legs threw themselves back down to the ground and she began to cry. It was a first for her: crying. She couldn’t bring herself to the realization that her parents were gone.

All of a sudden anger began clouding her emotions. There was a mastermind, a murderer that did this. No matter what she was going to figure out who did this even if it involved her own death. She grabbed her father’s sword. She ripped it out, throwing the case off. She was exposing it: the true beauty of a deathly weapon.

She remained still, it was best she did not move. The voices, they were ones she has heard every day: the sound of her sisters. Finally, they were home. The door slowly creaked open and the small patter of her little sister’s footsteps sent an innocent music throughout the house. Mayumi could not make eye contact but she could feel an expression of doom shade over her sister’s innocent face.

“May…” she whispered softly.

The house remained silent. Everything was polluted, the air, the joy, their lives. This event had polluted their lives with an unstrainable feeling of anger. Kei walked over to her parents and stared at them, letting her tears fall ever so loudly. Mayumi got up and walked toward her sister, placing her hand on her shoulder. She felt her hand being slapped away.

“Don’t touch me...”

Kei lifted her eyes, now frozen with anger and looked at May.

“You hurt them.”

May stood with her mouth slightly open from shock. Did her sister seriously believe she was the murderer? Yet she did not expect anything more since her sister did not know any better. It seemed like things went from worse to a near death experience, and things only got worse when her other sister, Manna came home.

May was pushed against the wall by the small hands of her older sister. Manna examined her intently.

“If you know nothing, then what do you know?”

Her brown eyes laid full of mystery. The past few nights May had noticed her sister sneak out late into the night. It seemed that she wasn’t the only one who kept secrets. May didn’t think this was an accident unlike her other two halves. Her parents were killed for a reason and she was going to find out why.

“It seems you know more than you would like to share…Manna,” May answered back.

Manna brought her face closer to May.

“You’re one to talk about secrets. How is it that you just happened to be the first one home?”

“And why were you the last? Is seeing our parents not important to you?”

The two quietly looked at one another. They both had points and knew it was childish to argue back and forth. The death of their parent’s had truly brought out the darkness in their souls, but their family was never perfect.

May thought back to a few weeks ago when her mother came home late. It was a sight to see, her usually clean and well organized mother, returning home with her clothes dirty and unbuttoned. She looked like she was either beat up or had the night of her life. Knowing her mother’s past May assumed it was both.

“Why are you just coming home now?” Her father would ask.

Her mother would just hang her head down.

“It was a long day at work..” She always managed to say.

“Which job, the one where my wife share’s her body with more than just her boss?”

Her mother’s teeth would clench tight and she would just storm upstairs. May would sit by the steps and watch, making sure to keep her distance. Her father would always hide his emotions to the point where no one would be able to find them. She was surprised at how much he tried to hide, to suppress his emotion but every time her mother returned home, his tears always shed.

 



© 2015 Tama


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
Added on March 24, 2015
Last Updated on March 24, 2015
Tags: romance, action, adventure, weapons, battles


Author

Tama
Tama

NY



About
My name is Lauren and as you can probably tell I am a complete fanatic when it comes anything fantasy. I love writing about practically anything! I'm a biology major in college right now so writing is.. more..

Writing
Tired Tired

A Poem by Tama


Barefaced Barefaced

A Poem by Tama


Missing Missing

A Poem by Tama