Fat, Sick and Addicted To Sugar

Fat, Sick and Addicted To Sugar

A Chapter by T. Howell
"

A young woman's attempt to overcome the lure of sweet treats

"
Sugar is the Devil. There are no if and buts about it. Sugar is simply a ploy from Satan to destroy our lives. There , I said it. My addiction is just that bad. Seriously. I can wake up well rested with a wide smile on my face, ready to conquer the world. I plug up my NutriBlast and juice the naturally delicious vegetables and fruits that I prepped the night before and then I'm out the door, starting my day off on a great note. By mid day I am munching on a candy bar. And I cannot figure out for the life of me why I do it. Sugar is eight times more addicting than cocaine. It doesn't matter what I do, I can start healthy but I will finish unhealthy. Where do you think that leaves me... at the same spot I have always been. No change for the better or for worse, just stagnant. I am tired of riding the fence. I am choosing to completely change.

I think my goals are too large. I want rapid results so I place unrealistic pressure on myself. I think I need to start small. First I must detox. Then I will move on to healthy eating and incorporating Lipozene. Next I want to be able to get on an exercise regimen. I choose to discipline myself. But how do I do that. Lets see what I can find...

Discipline is the practice of training people to obey rules or a code of behavior, using punishment to correct disobedience. Yikes! I dont like the sound of that already but I know I need it. I must practice obeying rules. ok, then. First I need to set some ground rules concerning sugar. STOP CONSUMING SUGAR. That's all the rules I need. Unless its a natural sugar found in fruits and vegetables, I should not eat it. It takes 21 days to form a new habit. I need to force myself to stay away from added sugar for 21 days. Sugar is the new fat. And it is a silent killer.

According to Dr. Rhyman, author of the Blood Sugar Solution Cookbook and 10 Day Detox Diet,

70 percent of Americans are overweight because of an over consumption of sugar but being addicted to sugar and flour is not an emotional eating disorder. It’s a biological disorder, driven by hormones and neurotransmitters that fuel sugar and carb cravings �" leading to uncontrolled overeating. He goes on to say that there is no way to handle a true physiological addiction except to stop it completely. Cold Turkey. Stop all forms of sugar, all flour products and all artificial sweeteners �" which cause increased cravings and slow metabolism, and lead to fat storage. Also get rid of anything with trans or hydrogenated fats and MSG (watch for hidden names). Ideally, for 10 days you avoid any foods that come in box, package or a can or that have a label, and stick to real, whole, fresh food. And the best way to really detox is to give up ALL grains for 10 days, too. Oh My goodness. He has plenty of rules to abide by. Hmmm. Here's an interesting rule. Protein, Protein and more protein, especially at breakfast. Its the key to balancing blood sugar and insulin and cutting cravings. Eat a protein, the size of your palm, at every meal. And for the next ten days, stay away from root vegetables, like potatoes and beets, and grains and beans . Include good fats like olive oil, avocados and omega 3 from fish.

Did you know that certain foods cause inflammation. what type of foods you ask. Well, the ones that you are allergic or have developed a sensitivity to! The most common food that people are sensitive to and don't even know it are gluten and dairy. We crave the foods we are allergic to. The devil! Without them we feel lousy, lonely even and we crave more. Break the cycle. My left ankle is swollen right now. I ate a ton of ice cream not too long ago. Oh, was it good! But was it worth it. Absolutely not. The top of my foot hurts to the touch. My ankle is shaped like a piglets ankle. Or a babies... it goes straight down with a mini fatty roll around it. Unattractive. WHY AM I LIVING LIKE THIS.

In the words of Michael Jackson, "I'm gonna make a change, for once in my life. Its gonna feel real good, gonna make a difference, gonna make it right." I'm starting with the woman in the mirror. I'm asking her to change her ways. No message could have been any clearer, If I want to make my life better, I gotta take a look at myself and make that change!!

Change is a coming.


© 2014 T. Howell


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

179 Views
Added on May 20, 2014
Last Updated on May 20, 2014
Tags: Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead, juicing, weight loss, health, wellness, clean foods, PCOS, Diabetes, Sugar, Addiction


Author

T. Howell
T. Howell

Atlanta, GA



About
weeding out all the unnecessary elements that get in the way of my creativity and new growth. I want to journal my journey... more..

Writing