The silence

The silence

A Poem by Tamsyn
"

May trigger!

"
Silence is a dangerous thing. It makes the eye see what does not want to be seen. It makes pain that you have hidden away log ago resurface. It makes you remember things you want to forget.
The silence will not only haunt you when it's quiet, but also when you are surrounded by people. 
It makes me remember. In times of silence I can feel your hands around my neck choking me. I still gasp for air, even if it's bee a long time since you put your hands around my neck.
The silence makes me feel the stinging in my cheek after you hit me, the headache after you hit me over the head with your shoe. You've stopped doing it but the silence makes me feel it over and over again, whether i want to or not.
The silence makes me hear the whip or the wooden spoon soaring through the air before it hit us. You did't hit us often with those object but the silence makes me feel them. The silence makes me feel the pain over and over again. It makes me hear your hateful words towards eight-year old me. I'm a grown woman now but I still hear your words. I still feel the pain. It tears me apart everyday.
The silence shows me how little people care. They expect you to get over it. They think it's easy. But they don't understand the silence. The silence makes the pain live on. It keeps opening the wounds in our hearts and minds. 
Why did you hurt me like you did? Why do you pretend it never happened? Because the silence makes me relive those moments of horror again. The silence makes me feel delusional because you act as if nothing ever happened The silence....

© 2015 Tamsyn


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
Added on April 10, 2015
Last Updated on April 27, 2015
Tags: memory, pain, hit, stragled, no remorse