Behind my glittering tears

Behind my glittering tears

A Poem by Serenity

Salty water kisses with a burning passion the back of my eye

My heart now broken, wishing I could just curl up and die

 I just wish I could melt away to better years

One’s not stained by glittering tears

One’s where the sun once shined and flowers bloomed

And my heart wasn’t left broken shattered and doomed

Maybe the future holds a better light

One that burns bright throughout the darkest of nights

But who knows and frankly who cares

About all the stitches that my heart bears

This is all a part of my past now, no sense in looking back

No use remembering the love that I lost and now lack

But still at night I lie down and look up at the stars

My mind drifts and I wonder where you are?

Because I know that I am thinking of you,

But sadly I know that you’re never thinking of me too

And while everybody else lets out whoops and cheers

There I will lie, trying to hide me and my glittering tears

© 2012 Serenity


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is a very interesting writing, I think. I am not a technical reviewer in the sense of punctuation, structure, etc....but pretty much respond to clarity and whether the work draws me into it emotionally. This one does that. I like it. It seems very real. Nice work.... I plan on reading others of your work. Thank you.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

wow... well written..
Tears---never worth it! But how far can we control our emotions? not cry it out, or just let 'em fall...
beautifully written..

Posted 10 Years Ago


This makes me think of the mindset of teens going through breakups. So much angst and breakage. Heartbreak is such a common topic in poetry, and so writing about it is really demanding of creativity so that the piece doesn't look bland and cliché. This poem of yours however, it is quite original. Usually when I read heartbreak poems I stop halfway through because everything is so overused and unoriginal and even boring. But I could actually read and pay attention to this. This actually had flavor. Well done! As always, I am pleased to see some sort of format/rhyme. Good on that too. Being away for so long, I missed the work of my friends and favorite writers on here. Since my return to this site today, your poem is the first I have reviewed. You always have been among my most preferred writers to read. Good work.

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is a very interesting writing, I think. I am not a technical reviewer in the sense of punctuation, structure, etc....but pretty much respond to clarity and whether the work draws me into it emotionally. This one does that. I like it. It seems very real. Nice work.... I plan on reading others of your work. Thank you.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

quite emotional
liked the couplets! keep it rolling

Posted 11 Years Ago


Reminds me of watching all the couples partying it up on new years, and being left in the shadows as single after a relationship break up.
I think your words convey a powerful flow of emotions. Easily relatable and Nicely penned!

Aaron

Posted 11 Years Ago


i liked + loved =totally enjoyed........'really it;s nice...
carry on........

Posted 11 Years Ago


Wow, way to capture the essence of a heartache. It all rings true also, nothing seems stuffed in there. good job.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Heart break, Then Bleeding embers of a tormented lovers soul, and the blood soaked ink of a writer's parchment. This is one of those writes, I felt the pain and the Sorrow, and the flow cut quick to the core. Excellent Job!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Thanks for sharing this poem, enjoyed reading it

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

489 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on November 7, 2012
Last Updated on November 7, 2012

Author

Serenity
Serenity

MT



About
Hey im lively yet dark, i can write happy but i usually write sad and morbidly depressing. I Love to read and write, especially poetry. I Love Dark And Tragic Stories. I Am A Hopless Romanic. and Musi.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..