What fathers say

What fathers say

A Story by Serenity

I understand that that is what they are supposed to say. They are supposed to try to make their daughters feel better when all they have been wanting to do is curl up and disappear. That's what fathers are for. They are there to tell us that we deserve better than her, that she is selfish and that although you love her, you shouldn't because she doesn't deserve you, because you are out of her league. Fathers are supposed to tell us that she has no idea what she is missing and that although you have given up some of the best parts of yourself for her that she is the one who is missing something, not you. And because these are the things fathers are supposed to say, it makes it hard for me to believe mine when he tells me these things. He tells me that she doesn't deserve me, but how can that be true? I don't see what he sees, I don't see how somebody as charismatic and loyal doesn't deserve whatever it is that I posses, if anything I always viewed it as the other way around... Maybe that's why. I lack self confidence. I always have, and I hate that. I can pretend that I have confidence but I don't, I never did.

© 2015 Serenity


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

267 Views
Added on January 26, 2015
Last Updated on January 26, 2015

Author

Serenity
Serenity

MT



About
Hey im lively yet dark, i can write happy but i usually write sad and morbidly depressing. I Love to read and write, especially poetry. I Love Dark And Tragic Stories. I Am A Hopless Romanic. and Musi.. more..

Writing