Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Tandom

“BEEPBEEPBEEP! BEEPBEEPBEEP!” my alarm yells next to me. I find it annoying every morning, but a useful annoying.


“BEEPBEEPBEEP! BEEPBEEPBEEP!” it yells again. I quickly swat at my phone and reluctantly hit the giant red button fast enough. Eric’s arms are wrapped around me tightly in a death grab from Hell. How does he sleep like this?


Slowly I try to unlink his fingers from each other that just so happened to be close to the waistband of my pants. Even asleep, he was extremely strong.


When I tell you there was a struggle to get up this morning, it’s not an exaggeration. I was supposed to be downstairs getting in the shower before dad woke up. It was 5:45 and I was still in bed. “Damn you Eric,” I thought. He looked sad when I finally got out of his grasp and onto my feet.


It was freezing without my blankets in here. The warm temperature usually stays until the middle of October. Today though, it was 40 something degrees in the beginning of September. Liam must have noticed during the night since I saw he has in another blanket.


The hallway was even worse than my room. I held myself while I walked down the stairs and into the apartment. It was warmer in here to say the least.


In the living room, Dad was still asleep on the couch. He had one arm on the ground with one of his sleeves rolled up. I noticed he somehow got his pants off and over to the TV across the room. There was a stain on his shirt from what I guess is beer in his other hand.


“What am I going to do with you,” I asked aloud. He wouldn’t hear me I knew but it was still something to try. I grabbed his fallen arm and lifted him up with my other arm. The bathroom at least didn’t have vomit all over the floor or toilet.


I placed him in the bathtub and started the water. When he did this to me, I would wake up the moment a sprinkle landed on me. Dad slept through everything most of the time though, so he didn’t.


I unbuttoned his shirt and threw it in the hamper that was empty. His shirt reeked of alcohol when I caught the whiff of it. “You didn’t go on a date last night because of school today. Instead you think it would be better to get drunk? Smart move.” I knew the entire conversation I had with him was falling on deaf ears. It just felt good to get it all out now.


I grabbed one of the two towels we had hanging on the door. As I dried his arms and legs off, he didn’t move a muscle. Every part of him was relaxed and drooping like on the couch.


The door to apartment opened outside. Eric revealed his face after waiting in suspense around the corner. “You thought you could escape me,” he said before pouncing on me. He then began to tickle me constantly against the wall of the bathtub.


“I-I didn’t th-think I could es-escape you,” I tried to say through laughter. He had a maniacal grin across his face. After getting what he wanted, he stopped and sat against the hamper. “You just wouldn’t let go when I needed to leave.”


Eric raised an eyebrow at me. “You had to leave to give your sleeping dad a shower,” he asked. I giggled. I don’t give my father a shower every morning. Unless he had work that day and didn’t want to wake up.


“You should know why I needed to get up,” I said to him. Eric grabbed one of my feet and began tickling the bottom of it. He just didn’t want to stop, did he?


“Maybe I wanted to join you,” he chuckled.


“And maybe I would tell you no,” I said through more laughter. That caused him to drop my foot and crawl up to me. He didn’t act like this last year, just so you know. His girlfriend that season had him on a tight leash from what he told me.


Dad groaned loudly in the bathtub. The both of us turned to him and watched his face go from relaxed to dreading the day. He looked at the both of us with squinted eyes. “Am I interrupting something,” he asked. I shook my head and threw Eric off.


“Sorry about that, dad,” I apologized. “You were a mess when I came down and cleaned you up.” He looked down at his wet hairy chest. Then he shrugged, took the towel I was using to dry him off and walked out of the bathroom.


Eric stayed in here with me and shut the door. “Does he know about us,” he asked hesitantly. I frowned and glared at him.


“Why would my dad know about us when there isn’t an us in that kind of way,” I asked a bit angry. He moved his eyes from me to the ground and dropped his shoulders. “We should probably brush our teeth and all that before the others bombard down here,” I said with a smile.


Eric brightened up and grabbed his toothbrush. I grabbed mine as well and searched for the toothpaste. He held his toothbrush and unbuttoned my shirt for me as I continued to brush. It was 6:10 by the time I got out of the shower and changed.


Eric was in the kitchen with clean pants and no shirt. He had a poptart in one hand and another package in the other. “Master Jack,” he called. “Could I interest you in a healthy and delicious breakfast?” I don’t remember what caused us to call each other master and sir, but we grew into it after a couple of years.


“Why yes, Sir Eric, I would love a healthy and delicious breakfast. Where is it?” He chuckled and handed me the other package of poptarts. “You said healthy and delicious. This is a poptart.”


“Do thou not think poptarts are healthy, Master,” he sarcastically asked. I snatched the package from him and opened it up. The apartment door opened again with Brett, Vincent, Liam, and Will barging through.


Liam came our way and took a package of poptarts. “No one thought to wake us up,” he asked. I looked to Eric and back to Liam. He was smiling with that ‘game on’ grin he likes to use on his competition or girls.


“You looked peaceful in the mountain of blankets you curled up in. I almost took a picture, but Jack said it would ruin the moment,” Eric replied. Brett and Vincent were in the bathroom brushing their teeth vigorously.


Will came over to us and took a poptart from Liam’s package. “Hey,” he yelled. Will ran off into the living room with Liam in pursuit. I giggled and watched as they side stepped around the table on opposite sides of each other.


Brett and Vincent came out of the bathroom. Brett took an apple and Vincent took a banana. They were the best out of all of us to eat healthy foods.


Eric and I made sandwiches for each other while we waited for 6:30. Brett came over and put together one of his healthy sandwiches for him and Vincent. Liam and William both were still in the living room chasing one another.


Dad came out of his room and took a water out of the fridge. “Remember you boys have to be at school today,” he said sternly. “If I hear that any of you ditch, I’m going to take the one thing you all care about the most.” Everyone nodded, including me, before he rushed out the door to his car.


“So we’re just staying home today, right,” Will sarcastically asked. Liam picked him and their stuff up and walked out the door. Vincent and Brett followed in suit with their bags.


“We can stay home if you like,” Eric mentioned to me. “They can all go in Brett’s car again and we’ll have this entire place to ourselves. I don’t mind him taking it away from me.”


I walked into my actual bedroom and grabbed my backpack. “Not a chance in Hell. I want to keep being able to piss wherever I want if that’s okay with you.” Eric grabbed his bag and walked out sulking. I chuckled down the stairs at him while locking the door.


Outside, Liam was standing against Eric’s car. Brett’s was gone as I heard him driving away. Eric walked over to him asked the obvious question. “Why are you still here?”


Liam pushed off the car and picked up his bag. “They thought I should go with you two and make sure nothing happens again like yesterday.” He smirked in my direction.


Eric sighed and unlocked the car. Liam went into the back seat and I sat in the passenger seat. Our ride was quiet this time. Liam insisted that he played music from his phone than letting us turn on the radio. Besides that, no one said a word.


At school, Eric pulled the car into the spot next to Brett near the gym. The three of them were all sitting on the edge of the sidewalk leading to the front door. Will jumped onto Liam the moment he laid eyes on him. Eric nodded his head towards Brett and Vincent.


School still wasn’t going to start for another 10 minutes. A couple of our other friends came by and walked with us into the building. There was Ray and Carlos who lived on the other side of town.


The bell rang for homeroom as we entered. Liam and Vincent walked with me to our classroom. I was depressed, you could say when I heard Eric’s name called without mine during freshman year.


“You going to cry this year that Eric isn’t with us still,” Liam teased. I bumped him into Vincent. He snickered as we turned the corner into another hallway. Our teacher for homeroom was a history teacher. She would always tell us the interesting things her class did that day or that week. She would also let us watch the movies she played for those classes.


The three of us sat at a group of desks that was close to the windows. No one else would sit in this group once we sat down. We always had two extra desks.


I watched as the other students that came here entered. It was useless of me to even try to make friends with them. No one wanted to talk to me in our other classes. They made their friend group and now don’t feel the need for more.


Vincent took out a notebook and began to draw. He says he wants to be an artist, but his skill said he wouldn’t even make it. There also weren’t any art classes we could take here. The most artistic class we could take was music.


“The mediocre artist shows his face again,” Liam asked shocked. Vincent ignored him and continued with what he started. I think it was supposed to be a character in a cartoon he wanted to start up when another creative drawer would join him. I enjoyed the idea of it, I’m just not a good enough drawer for that.


“Did you find anyone that would be willing to work with you on that idea you had last year,” I asked. He looked up with glowing eyes. This was a bad idea right now.


“Are you willing to help me,” he asked ready to jump out of his chair and drag me to start it. I waved my arms trying to stop him. “Oh,” he sighed. “No I didn’t find anyone else that would work with me.”


The teacher came in as the next bell rang. She was young and chipper than any other day I’ve seen her. She sat down and started calling names for attendance. I heard one name I forgot was in this class come out. “Caren Hugh.” There was a quiet “here” that came from the corner farthest away from us.


The neighbor that slammed a door in my face yesterday was sitting at a lonely desk with a book in her hands. The teacher continued calling names that I blocked out. Why did I forget she was in the same homeroom as me?


“Jack Wittner,” the teacher called. I didn’t answer her. “Jack Wittner, are you here,” she called again. Liam eventually answered for me when he saw where I was looking. “Vincent Zachery,” she finished.


I continued blocking out all the voices in the room. Caren was reading away as the teacher blabbed on about the usual first day of school things.


Vincent poked me with his pencil hard. I jumped up and turned around in my seat. There was his notebook on my desk with a well-drawn character sketched out. “What do you think,” he asked shakily. It would be an understatement for me to say I was shocked. To be honest, I was about to faint from the amount of shock I produced from one look. The more I examined the character, the more shocked I was. “How did you,” was all I could say.


“Who did you pay to draw this,” Liam asked. Vincent laughed as he took the notebook away from Liam and took out a pen. Liam questioned him more as he kept ignoring him.


Caren was still reading her book in the corner, alone. I stood up, ignoring the antics of my friends. All the other students were in their groups talking about whatever. I noticed one group playing hangman on the board.


“Hey there,” I said when I reached Caren. She looked up at me and back to her book. There was a frown on her face now that I looked more at it.


“About yesterday,” I started. She threw the book down with force. I backed away and took a step forward. “Listen, I’m sorry about my friends. They’re guys though and we can be loud when we don’t mean to be.”


Caren glared up at me before I could finish. “What do you want, Jack? I don’t wish to be bothered by you right now,” she said, a hint of anger in her voice.


“You looked lonely and I thought you might want to come sit with us,” I answered. “Since you’d rather be a lonely lass than hang with your friend, I’ll leave you be.” With that, I walked back over to my desk and listened to Liam go on about some of the new freshman saying they will try out for lacrosse.


Before we left, the teacher handed everyone their schedules. Eric texted me his schedule the moment he got it. I looked through mine and found that we had no classes together this year. The only time we would see each other was during lunch.


Will and I were in the same math class today because his teacher was out and they couldn’t replace them. The teacher called out both lists of students and went to his desk. We didn’t do anything this class besides talk to everyone while the teacher sat at his computer.


In English, Cory was with me and Ray. We didn’t have much to talk about besides how Cory took meeting half of our group last night. Ray begged us to show him the pictures of me with ice cream all over my face.


In gym, Lana and Lola were with me. I noticed Lana checking out Lola as she did some of her tumbling. We had a free day today, so there were students playing basketball and other things. I could do some of the things that Lola could do. They both begged me to do one of the cross over routines Lola’s coach had me do once.


During lunch, Lola walked with me over to Eric who was sitting at our table with Brett. Liam’s stuff was on a chair, but he was in the lunch line. Eric got up and slid out a chair for Lola. “Hey babe,” he said as we approach.


“Who’s that towards? Me or him,” Lola sarcastically asked. The four of us laughed and sat down. “But seriously, you were talking to me just now, right?”


“Yes, I was talking to you,” Eric answered also giving her a kiss. Brett made some noise that caused Eric to stop and glare over at him. I giggled and took out a sandwich I made earlier with Eric.


“It’s a shame we don’t get to see each other in class like last year,” Eric said. “The teachers loved how well we worked together all the time.” I could tell he wasn’t being serious after that. We used to do stupid things last year since we basically had the same classes.


Liam came up the cafeteria with a tray of everything they had in the lunch room. “You plan to eat all of that,” Brett asked. Lola was looking through it all with a disgusted look.


“Yeah! I didn’t pay for all of it just to eat a portion. Plus, I forgot to make something at Jack’s while I could,” he answered. If he wanted something homemade, he would have asked while he was getting ready.


“If you wanted a sandwich like Jack, you would have asked. And here you are, without a sandwich, because you didn’t,” Eric retorted. I was surprised since it came with such force I don’t hear from him outside of sports.


Brett was ready to stop something that may have started. Liam kept calm though and ate what he had. Eric went back to eating and longingly looking at Lola giving her kisses every now and then. Brett and I ate the sandwiches we made earlier.


Halfway through my sandwich, a pair of hands gripped my shoulders. I almost choked on the bite I had in my mouth as this happened. Turning around, I wasn’t surprised to see Carlos with his s**t eating grin staring down at me.


“What a wonderful day it is, don’t you say,” he said. I could only guess why he was this happy to be here today. Eric and Liam caught on to what might be going on fast as well.


“What’s got you in such a good mood today,” Brett asked already knowing the kind of answer he’ll give.


“Can I not be in a good mood any day,” he asked not expecting an answer. “If you must know, I just got back from having a wonderful time with Brit Answell. And when I mean wonderful I mean W-O-N-D-E-R-F-U-L,” he answered enthusiastically.


Brittany Answell, or Brit as everyone calls her, was the most popular girl in school. She didn’t believe in relationships so any guy was at her disposal when it came to her needs. She didn’t like being call Brit until the only thing the guys she was with could say Brit.


Lola rolled her eyes at the mention of her name. Liam was shooing Carlos away. We usually kept all those conversations for when we were in one of our houses. “Go before you tempt this one into jumping on any of the girls here,” he said. I blushed a little at the thought of me manhandling someone at school.


Carlos chuckled close to my ear, giving me a tight hug. “Alright, I’ll leave. Meet you guys at practice,” he asked before running off.

“Yeah,” Eric answered. We finished our lunches and waited for our lunch to be over. The rest of the school was like the first half.


My last class was different from everything else. I was joined by Brett, Ray, and another friend Aiden. We all had a sort of free period this year at the end of the day. Neither of us picked one of the extra classes we’re supposed to take. There aren’t many that don’t choose one of the classes. Those who don’t pick one are sent to the library until the end of the day.


The four of us sat at one of the table off to the side where there were windows. Most of the time I was staring off into the parking lot the windows overlooked. Everyone else was taking a nap before the first day of practice.


I walk over to the shelf of books and look at what the school has. There aren’t many that interested me besides the ones Eric and I watched the movies based on them. Most of the books were nonfiction, which I had no interest for.


“Need any help,” the librarian asks at the end of the shelf hall. It catches me by surprise to hear another voice here. I shake my head and look through the books in front of me.


Suddenly, a book is held in front of my face. “Might I suggest this one? You’ve been passing by all of the nonfiction section.” The librarian hands me a copy of “Witch and Wizard” by James Patterson. I didn’t recognize the title from the movies Eric has me watch with him.


“I guess I could try it,” I say hoping he’ll leave me alone. Once he’s out of my sight I look for where the book came from and put it back. The rest of the period I sat at the table and rested. I was abruptly interrupted by the loudly ringing bell.


Brett grabbed my bag for me while Ray poked me back onto my feet. I looked around for Aiden, but he was nowhere to be seen. “He left once the bell rang. You know how he doesn’t like being late for anything,” Brett informed me. He handed me my bag and we headed towards the gym.


As soon as we enter the gym, I’m bombarded by two people tackling me to the ground. The weight of two people crush every inch of my body. I hit the ground with the palm of my hand twice hoping whoever these two are will get off me.


“You’re going to kill him, guys,” a female voice yells. It was hard to distinguish who said it with my brand-new head injury from the floor.


Seconds later, the additional weight lifts themselves off and pull me up. I crash into Eric’s chest which might have been what he wanted. “We wouldn’t try to kill him, Caren. He’s just been avoiding some of us all day,” Seth says giving me one of his signature looks of disapproval. We didn’t talk to each other much, not that I don’t want to talk to Seth. He would throw a party that I wouldn’t want to be at if we ever hung out together.


“That may be a suitable reason for now, but be warned. If I hear you hurt him, even giving him a tiny paper cut, I’ll get you six times harder,” Caren warned. Why was she always changing her mind about how she thinks of me?


Seth threw up his hand in surrender and stepped out of her way. Caren didn’t do sports, so why was she here? Maybe her ride home was this way and wanted to walk through here instead of around the school.


Eric removed me from his chest with his hand still holding mine. “We need to get ready for practice. Think you will be okay away from us,” he asked. I nodded my head and pushed him away. They were all laughing while I was standing there with my arms crossed.


Aiden came out of the locker room soon after they entered and walked outside. I ran over and caught up to him. “Hey,” I said.


“Hey,” he replied in monotone.


“How was your summer?”


“Fine. My parents had me go back to the same town we always go to.” I stopped knowing he wasn’t in the mood for talking to me. He hated going to his family’s house that happened to be away from anything modern. It was always just him and his family all summer.


Eric jumped on my shoulders and scared the crap out of me. Was today “Harm Jack Day?”


“You need to learn not to be so vulnerable when I can be behind you,” he whispered into my ear. The last time he was in front of me and had Seth helping him. That’s my fault apparently.


“When you learn not to be so abusive to someone that is vulnerable,” I retorted. He chuckled and started walking with me to the football field. “You haven’t had a class with Aiden, have you,” I asked.


Eric threw an arm around my neck while we walked. “Why? Did he seem off in a way,” he asked. Off was an understatement.


“I can’t tell if he’s mad at me or it’s just the normal hatred he gets from that family house he goes to.” Eric looked over at Aiden who was sitting on the bleachers staring at nothing. I wanted to go over there and cheer him up.


Eric shrugged his shoulders and removed his arm from me. “I’ll see what I can find out during practice. All you have to do is sit there and smile so I can get through coach’s drills.” I patted his shoulder and went over to the bleachers I sat at every practice taking out my phone to play a game. Usually, I would do whatever homework I got, but since it was the first day of school so there was no homework.


Everyone that was trying out for a sport this season was outside on the different fields. I didn’t realize when someone was calling my name after about an hour. “Jack! Get off your phone and come down here,” Lola called. This wasn’t going to be good from past experiences with Lola and practice.


“Roundoff, back handspring, full,” she ordered.


“What?”


“I want you to do a roundoff, back handspring, full right now,” she demanded. There was one option which was to do as she said. Her bossy attitude at practice was directed at me too often.


“And what if I don’t want to,” I tested. She smirked and slapped my phone out of my hand.


“You don’t get that choice today. Now DO IT!” I did as she said and landed just fine. “Again,” she ordered. I did it again and she came over. “Remember that I tell you what to do here. You won’t win fighting my word.” Then she handed me my phone that surprising didn’t have a scratch on it.


Another hour went by and I decided to check out the soccer field. William was getting a drink as I walked towards him. He was breathing heavily.


“Everything all right here,” I asked knowing his answer. The biggest smile he’s worn was forming as we made eye contact. There was no way he wasn’t making Varsity this year.


“Of course! What could be not all right,” he asked. I didn’t answer him thinking of what happened last year with some of the Varsity team members and him. Reminding him of that would ruin his day for sure.


The coach called him and he went running over there. I went back to the football field meeting Eric at the bleachers. My stomach growled loudly when he was about to say something. I blushed, embarrassed, as he laughed at me. “Practice will be over soon. If you want, I can take you out to dinner before going home,” he suggested. Dad was going to be home soon and I wanted to check up on him because of this morning.


“I think I just want to go home. I’m worried about dad and how he was today.” Eric understood and went back to Seth who had him doing something. Lola came over and sat with me on the bleachers.


“What’s going on with you two,” she asked immediately. Did she overhear our conversation just now?


“He just offered me food before going home. Nothing unusual,” I answered. She sighed and looked down at her phone. There was a message from one of her friends that told her everything.


“Are you sure there isn’t anything going on with you two? Some of the school is saying that both of you are gay.” The second part was kind of a shock to me that people might know about what we did. Both of us promised to keep it a secret unless we wanted to go through with it more.


“Yeah I’m sure. He’s just looking out for me like always,” I replied. She would understand that he would look after me since we’ve known each other forever.


Lola stood up and looked out at the guys. “If anything was going on, or has gone on with you guys, he would tell me he felt that way, right?” I thought about how Eric handled his emotions around others. He wasn’t one for sharing them if they weren’t towards the person that made him that way.


“Eric and I aren’t secretly going out on dates if that’s what you are trying to imply. What happened with us just now was because my stomach was making noises,” I answered. She smiled and clutched onto me in a hug.


“Thanks,” was all she said before letting go and walking away. The guys came over to me. They all were sweaty and smelled. I made a gesture with my hand and they all laughed.


“What was that all about,” Vincent asked. He watched as Lola was walking into the gym again.


“I bet she was begging him to join the cheer squad again,” Liam joked. Eric shoved him into Ray and Carlos who were talking about something I couldn’t hear.


They both started walking away still facing us. “We’re going to work. See ya tomorrow,” they said in unison. I forgot they worked at the same place after school and during the summer. Everyone said goodbye and crowded around me.


“Are you really expecting me to tell you what we were talking about,” I asked a bit too loud. They all agreed that I had to fess up. “She just asked me about something that happened. It isn’t what you dirty people are thinking.”


Aiden got up and left towards the gym. “What’s your problem,” Seth asked. He stopped, but didn’t turn around. Aiden had his fists clenched tightly. Hopefully he wasn’t ready to hurt someone.


“It’s nothing you need to be concerned about. I doubt you would care if I told you anyways,” he answered. We all looked at him confused. I knew I would care if there is something bothering him.


“See you tomorrow,” he said before walking away. Brett, Seth, and Vincent then left leaving Eric, Liam, and I on the bleachers. Will came sprinting over. Liam stopped him though in a bear hug that led to carrying him.


“You ready to go,” Liam asked. Will shook his head furiously as Liam started walking. I couldn’t figure out whether Liam felt something for Will or he was still just toying with him. Will would talk about girls with us when someone mentioned one that was sexy.


Eric stood up and held his hand out. “Shall we go as well,” he asked. I took his hand and lifted myself next to him. We were the only ones on the field now. “Unless of course,” he started. I picked up my bag and followed the way everyone else went.


“I’ll meet you at my car once I change and grab my bag,” Eric told me at the door to the gym. I nodded and walked over to the car. Most of the cars that were parked here this morning were gone besides the ones picking up people trying out up or the ones that belong to the remaining players here.


I waited for what seemed like 20 minutes outside. I watched the last person leave a couple minutes ago. I was tempted to walk into the locker room to see if Eric was still there. The sound of yelling stopped me though.


From what I heard it was the football coach and Eric who were yelling. It wasn’t a long argument since Eric came out a few seconds later.


“Sorry about that,” he said making eye contact with me. “Coach thought I was to blame for Aiden’s strange behavior. Do you know if he knew anything about us,” he asked walking over to me.


“I didn’t tell him anything. We haven’t talked much since school started,” I answered. He placed both of his hand on both sides of me against his window.


“Well somehow he must have heard something since he told coach the reason he wasn’t focusing was because there were f**s on the team this year.”


“Only the two of us know about it. We’ve made sure of that,” I say defending myself. Eric leans in towards me but I push him away. “Maybe he got the wrong idea from these little incidents you keep trying to cause,” I joke. He straightens up and walks over to the driver side of the car. I get in and he drives me home.


Lucas was in the driveway when we pulled in. He had his eyepatch on which I was thankful for. There was a girl sitting next to him on the steps leading to their door. They must have been waiting for someone because they both jumped when we came in.

“I’m picking you up tomorrow morning,” Eric asked.


“If you can make it here. Otherwise I’ll just take the bus,” I replied before getting out of the car. Eric pulled out fast once I was outside. Lucas and his friend watched me walk over to my door and enter. Something must have been up with them.


Dad was in the apartment when I got inside. He was in the bathroom brushing his teeth for what I think is the first time today. I waved to him and threw my bag in my room. He spat out whatever was in his mouth and walked into the kitchen.


“How was school,” he asked. I sat down at the table throwing my head onto the surface. He came over and rubbed my back until I lifted my head back up.


“I was tackled onto the floor today. My head still hurts from thinking about it,” I answer. Dad lifts the back of my hair and examines everything.


“How the hell did that happen,” he blurts out. I raise an eyebrow wondering what he was talking about. “You definitely hit your head, but why were you tackled that hard?”


I shrugged my shoulders and went to the counter. I grabbed a plate and some bread. Dad grabbed a pan and turned on the stove. “Seth was mad that I hadn’t talked to him since we went go karting in August.” I spread some butter on the bread and grabbed some cheese.


“If he does that when you don’t talk to him, I’d hate see what a break up looks like,” dad joked. He was helping me make a grilled cheese instead of possibly getting ready for a date.


“Why were you brushing your teeth when I got home,” I finally asked. My sandwich was done and he was getting me the ketchup.


“I decided to do as you said and go on this second date,” he replied. I peered into the bathroom and saw it was a mess with the remnants of him shaving, things for his hair, and what I thought was my deodorant.


“I’m leaving soon and probably won’t be back before you fall asleep. You know what not to do,” he said. I opened the door and went up to my room. Dad followed me out and went downstairs. That made me happy knowing he actually listened.



© 2016 Tandom


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

97 Views
Added on November 9, 2016
Last Updated on November 9, 2016
Tags: Is the Deal Worth Keeping, boyxboy, choice, temptation, desire, siblings, rightandwrong, school, friends, Chapter 2


Author

Tandom
Tandom

MA



About
I'm sort of bouncing off different ideas that just suddenly come to mind. I don't know what I'll be able to write once college starts up, but I'll try to finish what I start more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Tandom


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Tandom