Words As Weapons

Words As Weapons

A Poem by Tania Leigh

Have you not a clue of
the magnitude of the
words you’ve just spoken
to me?
 
Don’t you know of the
devastating effect your
words have carelessly
inflicted on me?
 
You’re careful in other
aspects of your life, but
what about me? I am
your wife!
 
Can’t you for once just
pretend to believe and
grant my feelings a much
needed reprieve?
 
Not a thing hurts me more
than to know you don’t
care, so my dreams I have
chosen to cease to share.
 
And I’ll leave you with a
bit of advice: before you
speak to someone, always
think twice…
 
For words as weapons can hurt
more, you see, than any pain
you could cause someone physically.


© 2008 Tania Leigh


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Words can hurt for along time.
Good write and well expressed

Posted 16 Years Ago


7 of 7 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Yeah, I can related to what you've wrote down. My family, they never supported me in what I wanted to do. In fact, they still don't believe in me, either. So, yeah, I know what you mean.

Anyway, yes, you're right, one of the perfect weapons is words. It can strike so damn hard from someone you loved and cared about, not only your mentally, but the emotions as well. Now, that does really hurt like hell...


Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This poem reminds me greatly of my husband.. we're going to be getting a divorce soon because of the way he talked to me.. and the way he would get angry when I tried to talk to him about things that were bothering me.. he never once owned up to his words or behavior until after I left him! I sent a link to this poem to him.. hopefully he will understand how I felt a little more! Very well written poem.. I love it!

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I read this last night and had to come back to it. It seems a lifetime ago that I had to live in this world you've described for what seemed like a perpetual hell of eternity. I don't know if this is a true to life write or a fantasy of words, but either way, no one should ever have to deal with verbal or any other sort of abuse. Life is too short and you are far too precious.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Oh how heartbreaking it is to have the one special person in your life be the one to overlook your goals and dreams but at the same time tell you they love you... great job on expressing your disappointment and hurt.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

A viewpoint shared by the masses and nicely delineated. Once the ripples from the stones subside it's always welcome to see one's reflection again in the calm waters.

Nice poetry at work.

Forest

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

It is a shame that we, as human beings, do not think more before we speak. In the heat of the moment, in a rush, in anger, or impatience we speak words that hurt. If we had the time to think about their impact we may choose different words. It is so sad when we stop sharing. We shut a part of ourselves off from others.

Hold your dream close to your heart even if there is no support found. Especially if your dream is to write. You hold grand talent.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

"Have you not a clue of
the magnitude of the
words you've just spoken
to me?

Don't you know of the
devastating effect your
words have carelessly
inflicted on me? ..."

They really have no clue. I am so sorry that this happened to you. I, too - know the power of hurtful words and condescending attitudes for my beliefs and dreams. Thank God - it hasn't happened for years - changed that relationship (just me) But you know what? I still hear that insensitive b******s' words?

Excellently written.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

your tag line was enough for me to relate to... ugh. Now, let me go read the poem.
Yeah, amen to this one. I feel you loud and clear. Been there, felt that. You should write in lieu of losing your temper all the time. aka good piece!!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Well this is a very good write. How u described how words can hurt more than actions. Its very good and creative, lovly piece. Good job
Spirit

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I think all writers would have to agree with you on this one, as well as most non-writers.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1360 Views
70 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 11, 2008

Author

Tania Leigh
Tania Leigh

NH



About
4/7/08 When my "Phobia" contest is completed April 18th, and winners have been chosen and notified, I'll be leaving the cafe indefinitely to focus on my family, as well as my first book and website. .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..