Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Words As Weapons

Words As Weapons

A Poem by Tania Leigh

Have you not a clue of
the magnitude of the
words you’ve just spoken
to me?
 
Don’t you know of the
devastating effect your
words have carelessly
inflicted on me?
 
You’re careful in other
aspects of your life, but
what about me? I am
your wife!
 
Can’t you for once just
pretend to believe and
grant my feelings a much
needed reprieve?
 
Not a thing hurts me more
than to know you don’t
care, so my dreams I have
chosen to cease to share.
 
And I’ll leave you with a
bit of advice: before you
speak to someone, always
think twice…
 
For words as weapons can hurt
more, you see, than any pain
you could cause someone physically.


© 2008 Tania Leigh


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Words can hurt for along time.
Good write and well expressed

Posted 16 Years Ago


7 of 7 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

wow thats really good..

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Wow... I have felt exactly the same as you have written here.
Very good way to release rather than verbal!

Great Job!

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This piece reminded me of my mother-in-law, she always has had a talent for the way she says things to cut you to the quick. The funny thing is she saids she never knows it is coming out till she has said it. But then mothers can get away with a lot more than husbands usually. This is a very good piece and good advice. Thanks.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I was a victim of verbal abuse in my first marriage. It can indeed cause more pain than physical wounds. The physical wounds heal, but the emotional ones leave scars that last. You did a wonderful job of displaying what it's like to suffer those kinds of emotional jabs. I hope that things work out for you and your husband.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

many a wife will relate...:) I did!
great rant!
Sandra

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Powerful piece. Amazing how you can conjure such creative force and produce such a masterful work when you are consumed with emotion. Also amazing how we (perhaps especially men) can be so self-centered, and so easily take for granted, and lash out at, the ones we cherish most, the ones we should most want to protect from such an attack. How would we men react if another man spoke this way to our mates? I would be lying if I denied ever being guilty of doing exactly this (and I certainly cannot and would not try to defend it). So, Tania, your work convicts me; even now, though I am far removed in time from any offense. Perhaps there should be a Hallmark card with a message such as this.

Posted 16 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Sam
"Have you not a clue ofthe magnitude of thewords you've just spoken to me?" I really like this line, in a past relationship my ex used to make off the cuff remarks and I used to dwell on them for days. Sometimes we just need to feel support. Well written.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is very poignant and leaves me wanting to reach out and help the woman in this poem; I think this is a wonderful way to explain and sometimes writing things down can be so much more effective than screaming them. The flow is a little rocky but I think for the subject matter it works perfectly so I am hard pressed to point out anything that could be improved; good work.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tania, this is candid and hits it's reader square in the eyes with a truth that cuts to the center of the heart.
They say that emotional wounds can be far greater than that of the physical due to the fact that they sink deep within the heart and mind of a man, whittling away at human self worth. Every person deserves to be heard, their feelings, thoughts and aspirations need acknowledgment and to be shown value. This packs a powerful punch and is a valuable lesson for all of us. Thank you for taking the time to teach us from your own life experience.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I think writing is a very cathartic way for many of us to deal with intense emotions and you have expressed yourself with intensity and truth. I think that words cut on a much deeper level than any physical wound. If all could remember the good o'le saying do unto others as you would have others do unto you! ~ Jude :-)

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1360 Views
70 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 11, 2008

Author

Tania Leigh
Tania Leigh

NH



About
4/7/08 When my "Phobia" contest is completed April 18th, and winners have been chosen and notified, I'll be leaving the cafe indefinitely to focus on my family, as well as my first book and website. .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..