Fall Into Gray

Fall Into Gray

A Poem by Tania Leigh

 

My heart is made of ruby red glass and adorned by sapphire scars. I keep it safely locked in its crystal case upon a pedestal of cascading colours; it is the only brilliance within a vast gray sea of emotions…

 

Then along comes your love; a tiny steel hammer, forged of hurt and anger and swung by pride as I watch helplessly…

 

I am ruefully in awe of the irony in the beautiful tinkling sound that I

hear when the crystal case is conquered and tiny shards of ruby red glass

explode ...and fall into gray.

© 2008 Tania Leigh


Author's Note

Tania Leigh
A challenge by my good friend Nuala Molloy Moran to use the word "pedestal"

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

A nice piece, reminded me of beauty and the beast where the rose is in the glass case slowly loosing it's petals. A wonderful write!


Posted 16 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Sam
Absolutely beautiful, I loved the imagery of the case being broken.
It is easy to fall into cliche went writing about broken hearts, you didn't which is commendable in itself.

Posted 15 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
pal
wonderful. so strong heart like that lost in oblivion in love
pal

Posted 15 Years Ago


A beautiful colorful explanation of an again broken heart. Love it. Imagery instantly fill my mind with color.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Imagery is amazing, the words sharp and sore. Truly amazing write as always : )

Brette

Posted 15 Years Ago


yes it a nice piece.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is an amazing piece of writing...

I also have a poem that I have written under the same idea that "The people that can hurt you the most are the ones that you love and let in to your heart". I don't know for sure if that is the meaning behind your poem, but that is what I got out of it.

I really like the use of imagery... Ruby Red, Cascading colours, sea of emotions... Very well done.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Didn't even notice the word...which means you did good! I love this piece, as I do all your work. Very colorful and a wonderful image on the page. Excellent.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This so beautiful with imagery and rhythm I didn't want it to end.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Really good! The words helped to make a vivid image. It was really good. You are very talented to write this for a challenge.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Beautifully written. Thank you for sharing. Debileah

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1225 Views
63 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 6 Libraries
Added on February 25, 2008
Last Updated on March 7, 2008

Author

Tania Leigh
Tania Leigh

NH



About
4/7/08 When my "Phobia" contest is completed April 18th, and winners have been chosen and notified, I'll be leaving the cafe indefinitely to focus on my family, as well as my first book and website. .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..