Going Crazy

Going Crazy

A Poem by Tania Leigh
"

I wrote this cheery little ditty last fall but never posted it

"

They sedate me,

then berate me;

you can’t convince me

they don’t hate me.

 

You don’t trust me,

you disgust me;

you don’t love me,

only lust me.

 

They lie to me,

you cry to me

and say that you

would die for me.

 

Well here’s your chance

to give me

the one thing that would

impress me,

 

because I don’t want

to be me,

and I want to take you

with me.

 

They say that I am

going crazy --

feel like going

for a ride?

 

© 2008 Tania Leigh


Author's Note

Tania Leigh
This falls under the category of "I have no clue what my muse was" :-)
I think I wrote it before the "Asylum" poems, so it may have been the muse for those...

The changes in tempo were intentional.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This shouts uncontrollable helplessness at the hands of 'others'...
I have not read your other poems, however, this makes me reflect on many other ways people feel the same sense of helplessness..without escape....
Old Age...the elderly...being trapped in a body so very old and incapable of doing what his 'mind', so vital and youthful still, is screaming for it to do; yet the reality of being held captive in the shell he now occupies is a journey to insanity in one way...there is not escape...until death...
or
diseases that take the mind, like Alzheimer's...
I am sorry...I am too sad to continue this discussion....
Your writing has gripped my heart ever so deeply...I am being crushed as I write this...that is what poetry is supposed to do...reach and connect to the reader....
Well, you certainly have....
I pray your future writing reveals a hint that you have found or glimpsed into the sunlight again and have touched beauty in all its innocence, and it has in return embraced you in its arms.
Celia

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
ah
simply breathtaking. amazing write.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I loved it

Posted 15 Years Ago


This is good. I Like it. Love the flow.

Posted 15 Years Ago


FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVED IT! I can think of a few I'd like to take for a ride...I'd just have to make sure I wear a hidden parachute! LOL Great!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow!
for each stanza, all i could say at this moment is wow!...great write,excellent flow

They sedate me,
then berate me;
you can't convince me
they don't hate me.
You don't trust me,
you disgust me;
you don't love me,
only lust me.
these lines seems to say it all...speechless as it renders one. nice one,


Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jesus... I can seriously related to that all the way and you wrote it just about right. Sorry, I'm really speechless here.

All I can say is that I'm taking this to be added to my list. Yes, all is good...


Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I think this is one of your *darkest* poems written below the light hearted words your wrote.

It has the 'crazy thinking" feel that is so *normal* for people suffering a bout of 'cracked minds'

Things and thoughts that are so far fetched to so called normal people, are vividly clear to those suffering.

Thanks for the 'invite' to go with you on this trip Tania - but this time I'll stay where my mind still lives ---at home......

There is fear and a fear of beinging controlled but also a mischevious 'be damned to it all" feel here.

Thanks for sharing this one

jen-JG



Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Wow.

I honestly don't know what to say. Everything seemed so perfect. The beat that I read with it was just a natural flow. I loved it.

"They sedate me,
then berate me;
you can't convince me
they don't hate me."

AND

"because I don't want
to be me,
and I want to take you
with me.

They say that I am
going crazy --
feel like going
for a ride?"

I can just imagine what's going through her mind as she asks the reader for a ride. Lol. That's just marvelous. Honestly an outstanding write!

Thank you for the read request. I loved this one!

Rob

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Intresting poem. I like the tempo. Intresting flow.
Thanks for sharing!

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Great expression of emotions ~ very nicely penned~Fran

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1101 Views
48 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 14, 2008
Last Updated on March 17, 2008

Author

Tania Leigh
Tania Leigh

NH



About
4/7/08 When my "Phobia" contest is completed April 18th, and winners have been chosen and notified, I'll be leaving the cafe indefinitely to focus on my family, as well as my first book and website. .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The Deal The Deal

A Poem by Tania Leigh