Ocean eyes and the Owl

Ocean eyes and the Owl

A Story by TaraSun
"

3AM Epiphany exercise. I love this book!

"
9/18/2012

It is late. I cannot sleep. I can't stop thinking about what happened today. I was at the library studying for my final when this boy shows up and sits down at my desk. Mind you, this is not a big desk. It barely has enough room for me and my books. He stares at me with these brilliant ocean-colored eyes and smiles. I asked him if he was looking for someone. He told me it was me. I asked him several more questions trying to get some information, but he just sat there smiling. It was like he knew the end of a joke but wouldn't come out and tell the joke. He just knew how amusing it was. I was quite confused and a bit irritated that this guy from nowhere decides to swoop into my life and not explain anything. Who does that?

I gave up asking questions and returned to my studies. I would look up occasionally and he was still there staring at me with this fixed smile. I told him he was making me uncomfortable, but he didn't say anything. Shocker. After a while, I had had enough. I threatened to go get someone if he didn't leave. Of course, no response. His smile only widened. So I got up and walked over to the information desk and pointed to my desk. The lady at the information desk thought I was crazy, and at that moment I felt I was. He was gone. I looked around in disbelief. He couldn't have gone. I walked only ten feet away. There wasn't time for him to dissapear. But he did. Vanished. Poof. Never there.The lady at the desk asked me if I was ok, and I told her I'm fine. She nodded and returned to her computer without pause as if I was never there. Growling at the inconvenience, I stormed back to my desk and looked around. I suspected I would somehow catch him out of the corner of my eye. Nope. Not a trace. I sat down and was about to forget the whole thing and return to my studies when something did catch my eye. On my desk next to my blue binder was a small owl figurine made of stone.

I picked it up and glanced over the intricate artwork of the trinket. It was beautiful. Unlike anything I've ever seen. I looked around to see if anyone had deliberately placed this owl on my desk and was waiting for a reaction. But everyone had their noses in their books. They were far too busy to notice a girl with an owl figurine. I ran my finger over the smooth stone and put it in the front pouch of my backpack. I opened my anatomy book, but I couldn't study. I couldn't focus on anything! It was like I was possessed or something. I had to keep taking the owl back out of the backpack, look at it, then put it back again. This continued for hours! What was wrong with me?

Now I'm laying here in my bed wishing I could go to sleep, but I can't. I can't even keep my eyes closed. I have to keep looking at the little owl figurine now resting calmly on my nightstand. Where did you come from little owl? And who is that guy with the ocean eyes? I am determined to find out.


© 2013 TaraSun


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

111 Views
Added on February 8, 2013
Last Updated on February 18, 2013

Author

TaraSun
TaraSun

UT



About
Hi. I'm a beginning playwright working on my first full length musical. I'm also exploring writing children's books. I am excited to see what the future brings and trust God to guide me there. more..

Writing