A rambling about wanting, love and the wanting of love (or "It Starts With I Want")

A rambling about wanting, love and the wanting of love (or "It Starts With I Want")

A Story by WhatTact
"

A character spoils the ending, whithout knowing much of the beginning or middle, or even the end really. Originally a poem-y....thing. Turned into this. Enjoy.

"
I want You.

 Which is to say, I could live without you, but honestly, I really don't want to. It just wouldn't be the same. But I understand, if I'm too needy,(or, I suppose 'wanty')If my mannerisms happen to annoy you. Sure, I'll try to get rid of them for you, but we both know I'll fail. Which, isn't to say that I won't try. I'd certainly try, for a "you and I." But, I'd fail, and you'd either laugh
or you'd leave. And honestly, if you stuck around long enough To get annoyed at me I'd call it, a great accomplishment! It means, hey, at least I tried, and if you don't like it you can...

Oh, you already did leave? Well. Okay, that works for me. I've at least got lots of practice at this 'being alone' thing. So, I'll just see you later then? We'll come across each other in the parking lot of some shopping center; me leaving, you going in.
(I'm always leaving in my dreams) We'll small talk for a few minutes,and then I'll continue my leaving, and you'll continue your shopping trip.And we'll both feel (or at least I'll feel) a little bit sad, but not really that sad. I mean, I won't go home and cry myself to sleep. I'll just get in my car and feel a little regretful that, you know, I didn't try hard enough to save us...or something like that.

 Anyway, we'll both go on living our little lives, totally revolving around ourselves until we die. Upon which time we'll be packed into little boxes shoved under the earth. And then (poof) We'll be gone, whether we've left to some ethereal realm where we small talk with the dead forever,(or burn) or to complete nothingness, the likes of which no mortal can imagine.

And this ended up way off course, but I suppose that's the way life is right? one rambling sentence that starts out with a simple want (I mean, simple enough anyway) but ends up in death.

 I suppose if we're going to start this whole, awkward relationship that will inevitably crash and burn, end in an awkward phase, and then eventually death, we better start soon. I mean, we've only got one life to live, (and by live I mean fill with complete nonsense because it never really matters anyway) so we better get started with this "I want" stuff soon, because wanting things is the best way to waste your life, and I've still got a lot of life left to waste. I mean, so far it's been mostly wasted on not-initiating conversation, and what's a better way to start a conversation than with, you know ending the conversation anyway? You're going to have to end it eventually- why waste your time even getting started? I mean, see, I've got our whole relationship right here. I know how this is going to end, but I have yet to see how it starts.

© 2010 WhatTact


Author's Note

WhatTact
There was little-to-no proofreading on this thing, It was meant to be conversational as well. That being said, are there any glaring grammatical errors? Out of curiosity, do you agree with the sentiments at the end? Anything else?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

this is really good xD. I nie little story.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

253 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 12, 2010
Last Updated on July 12, 2010

Author

WhatTact
WhatTact

OH



About
I don't fancy myself much of a writer, but I occasionally write a little here and there. Mostly though, I read... and Lurk. (got rid of the "What I'm reading/writing" because it was a bit cheeky.) more..

Writing
Preface Preface

A Chapter by WhatTact


That's Odd That's Odd

A Chapter by WhatTact