Unknown.

Unknown.

A Story by Tariq

He sat on the stairway, pressing his hands between his thighs. Bowing forward, his beige jacket wrinkled at the back as if frowning at the oaken door with golden handle behind him. His scarce hair went dry. He got to his feet and checked his reflection in one of the car glasses. His oily forehead along with his dry, receding hair stared back at him. People told him he looked older than most teenagers did, but that didn’t bother him. Sometimes he was happy to look older. He radiated this cold kind of demeanor wherever he went. Although sometimes, he wished to be less serious and more open and childish in his approach to people, he usually collapsed back in the somber state of coldness and emptiness.

 

On such occasions of unexpected misery, he found his feet taking him to this concrete stairway at that narrow street with a line of lampposts with orange lights, staring back at him from the other side. He sat down, sometimes dressed in his brown, stripped bathroom coat on the stairway and examined the sky.

 

Only three stars coordinated themselves in a line. He moved his eyes further to the north and found more two stars that enabled him to join an acute triangle with imaginary silvery lines.

 

The world lost its beauty; a sign that the end of times was approaching. The stars vanished behind anonymous shadows and the sweet halo of red and green colors that encircled the full moon dispersed into space. All beauty in the world for the unknown teenager died out as the days passed by.

 

His beautiful blue baby eyes turned brown as he went into his adolescent. His free state of non-attachment to any creature lost its innocence the moment he enjoyed touching the hairy bare chest of his father; his first sexual arousal. And the hair at his arms and chin grew out a few months after experiencing his first masturbation session on a snippet of James Bond movie. All his innocence and beauty had dispersed into the dark hallways of growing up.

 

He held a stone and threw it at the small bond in the middle of the street. Whenever a car passed by, it’d splash water at him and he’d have to hide his face behind his arm and frown at the driver after he’d left.

 

Somehow, the world for this unknown teenager was the same. Someone comes and hurts you and you’re unable to fight back, because you’re busy defending your self against the sudden attack. After that someone leaves, you start praying that God would take away rest from his eyes. But then you realize that your prayers had caused you more harm than it did to your unseen enemy.

 

© 2010 Tariq


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is fantastic, mortal! Wonderfully written with a nice choice of words, very deep indeed, I loved it! The emotion in this is just... wow, brilliant. That last line too, so powerful, I love it! Keep up the good work, this is fantastic!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

172 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 21, 2010
Last Updated on December 21, 2010

Author

Tariq
Tariq

Cairo , maadi , Egypt



About
" Stories are light, and light is precious in a world so dark." more..

Writing
The kiss The kiss

A Poem by Tariq


universal universal

A Poem by Tariq