From Lovers to Friends and Back Again

From Lovers to Friends and Back Again

A Story by Tas
"

The writing in read is the thoughts going thru the narrators head and the writing in black is the story...lol...basically...the title says what the story is all about I think.

"

After being in love with your best friends for months even years, it’s easy when you both admit your love to each other and become more than friends. You become lovers.

But what about when it the other way around? What happens after you meet a beautiful woman, you get together, become lovers and fall in love and you are together for months even years. Then she says she can’t be with you anymore, but should stay friends. You love her so much that you have to stay friends. You love her so much that you have to say yes. What happens then? Seeing this ‘friend’ knowing the lips you kissed so freely are now for binned. Knowing that the cuddling you once shared is over. Knowing that the sweetest of nectars are no longer available. It hard when it over and you become less than lovers. You become best of friends.


It had been a few months since we broke up. We were now best friends, that is what she said when it ended. She had been in one or two relationships that never worked out, and was currently in one. Me, since the break up, was not willing to commit to anyone else. We decided to hang out at her place today alone. Which would be the second time we were alone together since the break up.

The first time it wasn’t planned that way it just happened. Her other best friend who was to come and make it a fun day just hanging out pulled out at the last second, reasons unknown to me. I was already at her house when she got the call and offered to leave or said we could go somewhere else. She said no it ok. So I am guessing since that she felt that we could be together alone.

This is when it is hard; the times when you knew you guys could not keep your hands off each other, when you were alone. Here you are lying beside her with the T.V on and you are WATCHING IT! That not what use to happen. You would maybe see the T.V the first few minutes and when you have a few minute break if you have one and then for the last few minutes when you’re getting ready to leave. And now here you are lying beside her with your eyes glues to the T.V along with hers and you do not want to stare. Here you are no cuddling no kissing. All you can think is this is torture; hell could not be any worse. All you can do is nothing, or at least you dear not to, because of fear losing her as a friend.

I arrive, she welcomes me and as usually the location for hanging out eating and watching T.V is her bedroom. Scanning through the stations, nothing is on that catches my interest. So I leave it on a station and we start to talk. She is please to inform me that she and her boyfriend just broke up a few minutes ago. Strike three since ours.

“You don’t seem to be upset or anything.”

“No not really, I knew it was doomed from the beginning.”

“Why is that? And why did you get in the relationship if you knew that?”

“High standards or expectations, I guess, and I was hoping I was wrong.”

“What do you mean by standards?”

“I mean I just can’t settle,” she pauses for a couple seconds. “At least not since us, not since you treated me so good and we had such a great relationship. I guess you taught me that I deserved good treatment and that’s what I have been looking for since we broke up, someone that treated me the way you did. But that hard to find”

This gets to you, you wander what she trying to say, is this the moment where she telling you that she realize that she wants you back? But what if you are wrong? What if she is just talking? You want to but you do not want to say anything that would stop her. You do not even want to breathe.

She sits for a few seconds in silent then says

“Oh well, that then this is now.”

S**T!!! At least now you can breathe

“Yeah the old days.”

“So? What about you?”

“What about me what?”

“You, relationships, when are you going to get into one?”

“Don’t know.”

“Interested in anyone?”

“Well…I have a few people I’m stringing along, not really wanting it to turn into something serious, but …”

“But what?”

“There is this one person that, I would love to be in a relationship with.”

“So…what’s stopping you?”

Oh how you want to tell her so bad, that it her you want to be with. How you just being friends with her is tearing you apart. How she her in and out of these doomed relationships, makes it harder and harder. Or you just want to hold her and kiss her that should send the message.

“I can’t explain, or I should say I would rather not explain.”

“Well I think you should go for it, do what you need to be happy, I haven’t seen you happy lately.”

I wonder why? You just want to say I need you to make me happy. I was happy when I was with you. I want to be with you I can’t take living without you.

She rested her hand on mind and looked at me

“So, who is this person?” And without thinking I replied

“You.” As I looked in her eyes, waiting searching her face for a reaction and without warning, I felt those soft sweet lips again mine. Then one thing lead to another and as of that moment we were lovers once again.

 

© 2009 Tas


Author's Note

Tas
As always just want to know what you think.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I had written this several months ago but I accidently put the wrong rating, so I am re doing it, so I can re rate it:

I have not read all of it yet... I can be kinda picky about grammar, and here you said me, instead of I:

Me, since the break up, was not willing to commit to anyone else

and so a better way to state that may have been:

As for myself, I was not ready to commit to anyone else since the break up.

Posted 14 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Tas
I get what your saying but its not a matter of grammar its a though thing, what is going on thru the persons mine. As in i ask u, wat have u been up to

Me, ...
and basically the same for the other

i do it that way to give it a certain feel

Posted 15 Years Ago


I have not read all of it yet... I can be kinda picky about grammar, and here you said me, instead of I:

Me, since the break up, was not willing to commit to anyone else

and so a better way to state that may have been:

As for myself, I was not ready to commit to anyone else since the break up.

P.S. sorry for the rating, I can't change it, and I did it when I just had started... I am trying to higher it, I am seeing if I can

Posted 15 Years Ago


Ah!! what a sweet story, and almost sad in a way. It wasn't too long nor too short. Every part of the story
had a reason for being there... not just being "placed" there for the sake of it.
I like that the readers get a chance to actually know what the narrator is thinking, it makes us feel
like we are the narrator. Well, I'll speak for myself.
The end was beautiful, I was even talking to myself "awww that's so sweet"....but i enjoyed reading it...
Tres beau; that's French for very beautiful"
*winks*

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

376 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 12, 2009

Author

Tas
Tas

Kingston, Jamaica



About
I am cool down to earth person that uses writing to express how I feel most times but I also just write for fun and I enjoy it very much, I am mainly a story writer but I only have enough time these d.. more..

Writing
The Walls The Walls

A Poem by Tas


Us As One Us As One

A Story by Tas