Liars

Liars

A Story by Tasha
"

This is a story about lies and the people who tell them. After you read this, you’re going to wish that you never lied.

"

Some may not have been as lucky as Benji. Some have died hanging on a wire. Some died with burnt legs. All died liars.

 

This is a story about lies and the people who tell them. After you read this, you’re going to wish that you never lied. If you’re thinking that you never lied in the first place, well, that my friend, is another lie.

 

There once was a girl about your age, dear reader. There was a boy too, also your age. This girl and this boy were identical twins. They did everything exactly the same, except lying. The girl was a master at lying, while on the other hand, the boy never told a lie. The girl was known as Angie, and the boy was known as Benji.

 

One day Angie saw Benji sneaking a chocolate chip cookie. Let’s back this story up a bit. First of all, their mother baked a batch of chocolate chip cookies and told the children to not touch it until they’re cooled off. The cookies had to be cooled off for 30 more minutes but in Benji’s mind he thought ‘Why should we wait when the cookies are already ready? That’s a stupid rule.’ Angie was also thinking this thought but she was born a minute earlier than Benji, so she knew that good things came by waiting.

 

Thirty minutes later mom walked in the kitchen and shouted “Cookies are all cooled down now!!” In that exact same instance, she noticed one missing. “Angie! (Angie’s name always came first since she was the first-born, and never let anyone forget it.) Benji! Get in here now!!” she yelled furiously. The twins came racing down the hall. “WHO?! ATE?! A?! COOKIE!?!?!?!?!” her screeching voice pierced through their skulls.

 

“Benji did mother,” “Angie did mother,” replied both of the twins at the same time. “Liar!” they shouted at each other. The children stared at their mother. They knew how much she hated when they lied, well, when Angie lied.

 

“Don’t lie to me Angie! I know it was you!”

 

“It wasn’t me mom!” screamed Angie.

 

“We’ll see. Both of you open your mouths.” Their mouths dropped open and before they knew what was happening she was already inspecting Benji’s mouth. “Ben. Ben, Ben, Ben, Ben, Ben. Did you take one of my chocolate chip cookies without permission?” she asked in a sweet voice.

 

“Yes, mother. I didn’t see the reason we had to wait!” Benji cried.

 

“You had to wait because the flavor had to set in, it was too hot to eat, and because I TOLD  YOU TO!”

 

I’m not going to describe all of the disgusting details that happened next. I’m just going to say that 2 hours later Angie was inside snacking on cookies. Some kids were walking outside on the sidewalk and heard moaning and whimpering. They looked up and saw poor Benji hanging on a telephone wire with his pants on the ground in ashes. Today he decided to wear his elmo underwear too, how embarrassing.

 

“What happened to you,” asked one of the kids.

 

“I lied,” Benji answered.

 

“Liar! Liar! Pants on fire! Hanging on a phone wire!” they chanted over and over.

 

You should be glad to know that Benji eventually got down from the wire, and his mother never did anything that horrible again because the twins never told another lie. Well, at least, not to their mother’s knowledge. 

© 2012 Tasha


Author's Note

Tasha
Not my best writing but just wanted to share it. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A comedic masterpiece.
The story is short sweet and had me laughing all the way through.


Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

277 Views
1 Review
Added on July 18, 2012
Last Updated on July 19, 2012
Tags: Lies, Lie, Lying, Liars

Author

Tasha
Tasha

AL



About
I love to read and write, and I suspect so do many of you. I started writing on Friday, May 27, 2011. I have the dates on everything I've ever written, don't ask why. I started reading, according to m.. more..

Writing
Happy Soul Happy Soul

A Story by Tasha