Completed

Completed

A Chapter by Tasha
"

Alonzo has just completed his machine.

"

“Ha! Ha! Ha! Yes! It's finally here!” the ingenious professor exclaimed while marveling at his masterpiece. He had spent a long three years building this machine that many waited on. The day that he had announced to the public that he was going to be building it, he had already gotten 11 potential customers from all kinds of people. Animal activists, vets, zoo keepers, and also fellow members in the scientist community. They were all willing to wait as long as the professor needed to build the heap of gadgets.


On the front of the machine sat six buttons. The first one read phylum where Alonzo would select if the animal in question was a vertebrate, invertebrate, or other. The second was class where he would select if the animal was a bird, reptile, mammal, fish, or amphibian. The third was order, where he would select if the animal was carnivorous, herbivorous, had shells, had legs, liked to perch, lived in freshwater, was a primate, was a rodent, and much much more. The fourth button read family, where the brilliant professor would select if the animal was a dog, cat, bear, etc. The fifth button read genus, which identifies animals with similar characteristics, such as a domestic cat or a big cat. Finally, the last button read species, which was the specific name of the animal, such as a rottweiler, black bear, honeybee, etc. Every button he clicked had tons of options that would lead to more options with the next button. This very complex system of the machine was only on the front of it.


On the side of the machine a microphone appropriate for the animal's mouth and a headphone appropriate for it's head would come out after getting past all of the six buttons. The headphones was to actually hear what the animal was thinking and the microphone was for the animal to talk in whatever language that it spoke. The sound waves would travel through the microphone and across a long pole that was connected to the microphone. At the other end of the pole was a microphone for the human voice whilst the animal's voice would come out completely human. This great complexity of gadgets was called the ultimate animal understander, or UAU. Now, animals and humans could talk to each other, and furthermore, hear each others thoughts.


This was a grand step in science, and Alonzo was the one who took it. He would perhaps become the world's most popular scientist in his day once he let the public knows that he had indeed completed it.

Alonzo grabbed his black iPhone 4 and searched through his contacts. He ran his hand through his greasy hair while leaning against one of his chocolate colored work benches. Finally finding the number he was looking for, he quickly pressed call and waited for the other line to pick up.


“Dr. Eldron Hummers how may I help you?” a familiar voice answered.


“Eldron, this is Alonzo. Just calling in to let you know that after three years I finally completed the project I was working on. I was wondering if you could lend me one of your animals to test it out? Perhaps a rat?”


Sure, just come on by and It'll be ready for you to pick up,” the popular scientist replied.



Alonzo, in his glee of finally completing the machine, rushed to grab his keys and sprinted out of the scraggly brown door of the warehouse, across the street to his house, and in his car. He didn't notice the figure now entering his warehouse, and he in a rush, drove off in the direction of Eldron Labs.



© 2012 Tasha


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
Added on October 20, 2012
Last Updated on October 27, 2012


Author

Tasha
Tasha

AL



About
I love to read and write, and I suspect so do many of you. I started writing on Friday, May 27, 2011. I have the dates on everything I've ever written, don't ask why. I started reading, according to m.. more..

Writing
Happy Soul Happy Soul

A Story by Tasha