Revenge

Revenge

A Chapter by Tasha

A man known as Vincent Hawkins, or by his nickname, The Hawk, had broken into the run-down warehouse and was now admiring the brilliance of the machine. Ever since Alonzo had announced to the public that he would be building the Ultimate Animal Understander, Vincent had set his mind on only one goal. Stealing it. He knew that his friend could build anything that he set his mind to, and Vincent had no doubt in his mind that this machine would aim as an obstacle to be completed.


Vincent knew that this machine could be the thing to make him known. He hated the fact that his friend was more admired than he was. In Vincent's mind, Alonzo wasn't even a scientist, but like an engineer of some sort. But still, people called him a scientist, and a professor just because he wrote a few books on the classification of animals, their Latin meanings and a lot of other bunch of crap about animals and biology that was useless to Vincent. Although he would never admit it, he loathed his friend and fellow scientist.


Vincent recalled the time when his friend cruelly mocked him in front of the world's finest. A few reporters were asking what each of them were planning to build next, unknowing that Vincent wasn't the one who could make wonderful creations from a few spare parts. Alonzo had then laughed loudly and exclaimed, “The Hawk here can't build anything! He doesn't know a thing about mechanics! That's funny!” Perhaps it would have been less humiliating if his friend had only informed the reporter that Vincent didn't build, not laugh right in his ear and yell insults. Some friend he was.


Of course, Vincent knew that his friend probably hadn't meant to offend him. At the time his mind was filled with rage, but somehow he had managed to force himself to laugh along with the reporter. He hadn't though of talking to his friend and telling him that he felt offended by this, and ever since then, Alonzo held bitter place in the heart of Vincent. Nothing was the same between them, and he doubted that Alonzo even noticed, so busy with his machinery and such. So, another reason that Vincent had to steal the machine besides being known was to seek revenge against his friend, and the only way he knew how to seek revenge was to steal this weighted down machine.


Vincent also planned on getting rich from this hump of mechanics and devices. He had a truck waiting just outside and wanted to have the machine on the truck and heading to Miami by the end of the day. The truck came with a dolly and he was now trying to force the machine onto it as gently as possible to not break it. If even a little piece of the machine were to fall off, it might cause the whole thing to not work. Finally achieving in getting the UAU onto the dolly, he rolled the dolly up the truck's ramp with his muscles straining. He jumped into the driver's seat and took off.



© 2012 Tasha


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
Added on October 20, 2012
Last Updated on October 27, 2012


Author

Tasha
Tasha

AL



About
I love to read and write, and I suspect so do many of you. I started writing on Friday, May 27, 2011. I have the dates on everything I've ever written, don't ask why. I started reading, according to m.. more..

Writing
Happy Soul Happy Soul

A Story by Tasha