Cigar and The Judge

Cigar and The Judge

A Story by Tauvic Heedajat

There was a defendant involving a big case is discussing a lawsuit with his lawyer in a restaurant. He talked to his lawyer about the possibility of bribe to the judge. He would receive the verdict of the court next month.
He said "If I lose in this case, I will die!"
"Now, only the judge can save you."
"Your fate in his hand now." his lawyer said.
"Can it help me if I send some cigars to the judge?" He quested the lawyer in anxiety.
Then the lawyer answered  "Don't!  I know the judge well, he is a judge that behaves so strictly and he is so fanatic in honor of ethic ad morality. If you carry it out,  so it will danger us. Even he can send you into the jail because you have insulted the court and law. Even you are not allowed to smile at him."
A month later, finally the judge gave the verdict supporting the defendant and determined that he was innocence. When the defendant left the court, he thanked his lawyer "Thank you for the tip about cigar. It works!"
"I believe that we will lose if you really send judge the cigar."
"But really I have sent it"
"What???" The lawyer still didn't believe on what his client did.
"Yes, it is the only way for us to win the case."
"But I still don't understand." The lawyer said.
The defendant smiled and said "Yes it is so easy. Listen to me, I have sent the judge cigars but I tucked the name card of the plaintiff in cigar boxes."

© 2015 Tauvic Heedajat


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I did like the twist of this tale. Good situation and perfect ending. There is wisdom in your words my friend. Sometime we can twist a judgement. Thank you for sharing the outstanding story.
Coyote

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tauvic Heedajat

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much for reading and commenting.
Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

You are welcome.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

177 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 29, 2015
Last Updated on July 29, 2015
Tags: Cigar, Judge, Lawyer, Defendant, Plaintiff, Verdict, Innocence

Author

Tauvic Heedajat
Tauvic Heedajat

DKI Jakarta, Indonesia



About
Don't look at where people from but see what they have made for the others. I am the one who wanna be a successful man. Why? Because a successful man is the one who be useful for the others. more..

Writing