Because You Left Me to Die

Because You Left Me to Die

A Story by Taylor Ryan Luster

What happened to the days I spent, blindly following Happiness?

I used to leave my hand stretched in front of me, and run as fast as I can with a smile on my face. And it would smile back too.

But then I fell, I tumbled, I got hurt, I got scratches, and Happiness didn’t seem to care, but anger did.

Anger didn’t shine down on me, he didn’t smile, and he didn’t keep running away like Happiness.

Instead he let darkness fall and lifted me up from the ground I had fallen on, grabbed dirt and rubbed it into my wounds.

He taught me how to hate, he taught me how to be strong, to not follow, to defend my own honor.

Anger has stayed by my side since happiness left me to die.

He has become my new father, and Happiness a rival.

What is it that Happiness exactly did to me? He promised me nothing, in return for my blind follow, but Anger taught me not to follow fools.

Happiness has tried to reach out again, but this time, I'll let it fall like he let me.

Along this journey, Anger died.

Happiness once again disappeared when I needed it most. You traitor, you b*****d, you led me astray once again.

This time I was on my knees, liquid seeped from my eyes for 7 days, and along with the suffering, I met Sorrow.

Sorrow understood, and was the sister of Anger.

She taught me to stay slow, to not forget the past, and remember those who have wronged me.

I promised I would avenge her brother.

I stomped along this path, carrying the weight of a thousand men, chasing down Happiness, embellishing Anger and Sorrow, glaring through eyes of torture.

Falling to my hands and knees I couldn't take it anymore, before I gave up, I had my chin lifted by Greed.

He grinned at me and whispered secrets to me. He told me to go after what I wanted. Only fools let possessions come to them.

He helped me up and I was moving again.

I raged, and I wept, and I yearned to yank Happiness by the neck, tell him all the years of struggle I went through because of him.

I could feel my body get heavier, my mind thickened by clouds, and my teeth gnashed into perfect angles.

The ground before me shook, and a staff flew from the ground, a staff from the depths of Hell, sent by Anger himself.

Inscriptions to seal Happiness were carved into it, and I gripped it tight, remembering the only one who saved me from that wretched day.

My father...

I promised I would avenge him, that I would bring honor to myself. I promised that I would never fall again.

Here we meet, Happiness, do you remember me now?

The child you left on the ground?

I howled and screamed to make the light go away, the shine and fake demise wasn't for me.

Happiness frowned upon me, shivered, and he asked how could I have become such a monster.

I flung the staff into the ground as all the light, and everything good began to get sucked inside its inscriptions.

I growled as the earth shook, and waited till nothing was left except for darkness to reply.

Because you left me to die.

© 2014 Taylor Ryan Luster


Author's Note

Taylor Ryan Luster
I write just for fun, critiques ARE welcome, but just remember I do not have an official writing style, and just write how I feel.
Thank you.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

f*****g kill yourself hoe

Posted 8 Years Ago


Very interesting piece you have here. I liked that each emotion was personified and given positive traits as well as negative ones. Nothing seemed to fit perfect, nothing seemed to champion the others... a good idea. I think the structure of this story could be improved on, at least to make it easier to read... just a thought.

Posted 9 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

243 Views
2 Reviews
Added on September 23, 2014
Last Updated on September 23, 2014
Tags: dark, hell, happiness, sorrow, anger, greed, journey

Author

Taylor Ryan Luster
Taylor Ryan Luster

San Angelo, TX



About
Every now and then I will get a spark of inspiration, mostly dealt with fear, anger, or sorrow. I am a happy person, but I'd rather write/read horror stories. I game, I draw, I go to college, and LO.. more..

Writing