Yi and Selab Fight

Yi and Selab Fight

A Chapter by Taylorgwebb
"

Another behind the scenes look at the relationship between Yi and Selab, something that the main book has too little time for.

"

“With two major families spying on you, waiting to make their move, as well as the families that have loaned me the money for this place we need to make extra to keep us safe, Yi.” Selab didn’t look up from the newly arrived table that he was inspecting.

“We make enough to pay your security guards, and the loans are being paid in advance.” Yi rolled her eyes. “We’re doing fine, stop worrying.”

“I’m not worrying, I’m doing things right.” Selab opened and closed a drawer a few times, running his hand along the inch-thick polished wood on the table’s surface.

“Ignoring your wife is not doing things right.” Yi shot back, folding her arms.

Selab clenched his jaw, he was going to say nothing, but that was precisely what this argument was about. “Your opinion on my business is not necessary. Stop reading my financial information.”

“I will read whatever I like.” Yi approached the table. “And I expect you to be a husband before a business man.”

“I was a business man before I was a husband.” Selab finally stood to look down at Yi with darkened eyes, his voice raising. “And this table does not lament my love of you.”

“Don’t yell at me.” Yi frowned. “If you loved me you would come upstairs and spend more than a few hours in the house.”

“I am here because I love you!” Selab was finally yelling now, “This is what I do so that you have a house to live in! Now go back upstairs and tend to your pretty things.”

A moment of rage flashed across Yi’s face. She took a solid stance and with one fluid movement brought her hand over her head and down to the table’s top. A crack echoed through the warehouse, chasing away the echoes of Selab’s voice as Yi’s hand passed cleanly through the wood.

“The only one who needs protecting is you from me!” Yi’s eyes filled with tears and she turned away. She did not know why her husband was avoiding her, and she knew that there was nothing she could do to find out if he did not want to tell her. “And I don’t want pretty things, I want a husband.”

Storming up the narrow stairs to the second floor dwelling, Yi was reminded of her tiny room in the Fen compound. It was not a pleasant association but there too she would often retreat, crying and confused. Here she did not have Mei to console her, only her pretty things which enraged her. Eventually Selab would come upstairs and they would meekly apologize to each other, only to repeat the fight in a few days.

Being married to Uncle would mean certain death, but perhaps that was better than a lifetime of bitterness.



© 2013 Taylorgwebb


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

204 Views
Added on September 25, 2013
Last Updated on September 25, 2013
Tags: Ethnic, Adventure, Romance, Drama, Fiction, Historical Fiction, Confuscian, Muslim, Persian, Family, China


Author

Taylorgwebb
Taylorgwebb

St Catharines, Ontario, Canada



About
I am a writer from the Niagara Region in Canada. I write content, short series and books from historical fiction to fantasy and sci-fi. I am looking for honest, critical reviews. I'm all for you pa.. more..

Writing
Excerpt 1 Excerpt 1

A Story by Taylorgwebb


Noor Noor

A Poem by Taylorgwebb