Carcinopathés

Carcinopathés

A Poem by Tazeen Ahmed

Carcinopathés

Related image

 

A word chased by a shrill accent,

Scaled in silent surroundings; in medicated scent.

Alleged before them like a filial obligation,

Their eyes would wade in and ears would wage as indicted invasions.

 Commencing twilight and dawning, he bred covertly gratified,

This rich lad bristled with voracity; times cast him an ideal, earnestly pacified.

The ailment made him considerate and altruistic; the wind wrought his wisdom,

 Like an ardent martyr, soon his steps could be seen stalking optimism.

But, innocently ignorant of waning away with the floods of Lord’s melancholy drain.

 ***

 

As the heart beat quashed into a screeching line,

More blubbing and drooping reverberations would gush through the lonely dine.

The father, for the first time felt tears trickling reluctantly,

At bay, his eyes gawked down; his head glared the ceilings at night allegedly .

***

 

He couldn’t abate till the chap’s face could be at last confronted,

The hysterical mind blazed at the glow of a salesman he repented.

“Give me the finest branded garb

For I have to lay my son on his death crib…

Show me the most expensive burial garment

For I have to gift my son his last endowment…”

Only the imaginings of horrendous agony conquered his consciousness ,

 

Until he played the world with dead breath that the world could perceive nor harness.

***

© 2017 Tazeen Ahmed


Author's Note

Tazeen Ahmed
This is an imaginative prose of a young lad who's suffering from cancer. He is rich and whatever he wishes comes forth him as he is unaware of dying within a few days. The disease makes him realize a lot about life.
So, his time comes and he dies. His father's sorrow is expressed and how he uncontrollably approaches a shopkeeper demanding the best shroud...

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

The sadness, the tragedy, of your poem really hits home.. if that is your object. Your language jumps barriers, vocabulary appropriate and more than powerful.

However, i just have to add this. In your Author's note, you explain the meaning of your post. Why? Perhaps, just perhaps, if you'd diluted the literary cleverness of your writing, the meaning would have stroked emotions even more. Death is raw enough without being overly executed.

However, your work is academically excellent..

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tazeen Ahmed

6 Years Ago

Thank you Emma for reading and reviewing. You've captured the true essence of this poem. I'm glad .. read more



Reviews

Shocking and very expressive. You go above and beyond to describe this awful condition. You have a great heart...:).............

Posted 6 Years Ago


Tazeen Ahmed

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much. I'm glad you liked it :)
The sadness, the tragedy, of your poem really hits home.. if that is your object. Your language jumps barriers, vocabulary appropriate and more than powerful.

However, i just have to add this. In your Author's note, you explain the meaning of your post. Why? Perhaps, just perhaps, if you'd diluted the literary cleverness of your writing, the meaning would have stroked emotions even more. Death is raw enough without being overly executed.

However, your work is academically excellent..

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tazeen Ahmed

6 Years Ago

Thank you Emma for reading and reviewing. You've captured the true essence of this poem. I'm glad .. read more
Good Job. Well done on the style. Looking forward to more of your writings.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Tazeen Ahmed

6 Years Ago

Thank you Kanishka! :)
Sobering. We take so for granted the ideal that the young should out live the old and that if someone is younger, surely they will outlive you. Very good write, well executed. Thank you!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Tazeen Ahmed

6 Years Ago

Thank you Rosalee. I really appreciate it.
I totally agree with you. ::))
Amazingly imprinting harsh reality....
Keep it up

Posted 6 Years Ago


Tazeen Ahmed

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much for the worthy review:)
Everyone reacts differently to death and employs personal coping mechanisms for grief. Your sober write conveys both perspectives; one from the son and another from the father - well written! :-)

Posted 6 Years Ago


Tazeen Ahmed

6 Years Ago

You very well picked up the whole idea. Thank you very much.
*smile*
Artwork and words are amazing. Some places and pain is forever and never understood. Thank you my friend for sharing the powerful poetry.
Coyote

Posted 6 Years Ago


Tazeen Ahmed

6 Years Ago

Thank you for reading, sir coyote. I really appreciate it :)
Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Was my pleasure and you are welcome.
The ending line was exceptional. Made me re-read the entire piece. To all the people, enduring such terrible suffering my earnest prayers and lots of love remains.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Tazeen Ahmed

6 Years Ago

Absolutely! Thank you for reading :)
an amazing write...keep it up.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Tazeen Ahmed

6 Years Ago

Thank you Wajiha:)
Cancer is spread rapidly world wide and i enjoyed the way you express it. great work.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Tazeen Ahmed

6 Years Ago

Thank you!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

629 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 5, 2017
Last Updated on August 12, 2017

Author

Tazeen Ahmed
Tazeen Ahmed

India



About
Couldn't review lately... more..

Writing
VEIL VEIL

A Poem by Tazeen Ahmed



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..