Chapter 1: A New Home

Chapter 1: A New Home

A Chapter by Kayla
"

The first chapter to Forbidden Fruit.

"

   Moving to a small town in Connecticut was going to suck for a New York girl like me. But my mom seemed happy about getting away from the city’s craziness that I loved, so I figured I’d give it a shot.

   We arrived at my new house, late that dark night. It wasn’t a very long drive, but New York City was a hard place to get out of, especially in a U-Haul filled with our belongings.

   Then it was just Mom and I on the open road; just us in our new house.

   My dad was a jerk, and a drunk. He left before I could get the chance to meet him. Before I could hate him and be afraid that he would hurt us, like how my mom constantly felt when he was still around.

   I swept my dark red hair away form my pale face, and took a glance at the huge, white house. Inside looked dark and eerie; the complete opposite of our apartment in New York.

   “Jesus,” I breathed. “Isn’t it a bit big for just the two of us?” I looked over to my mother.

   “It’s cheap, has a huge yard, and is tucked away from any neighbors. It’s just what we need,” she responded happily, a smile on her face from ear to ear, her blue eyes glistening in the moonlight.

   Yeah, I thought, what you need. Not me.

   “Who cares if there are some empty rooms?” she continued. It’s better than a cramped apartment. Just try to give it a chance, Eva.”

   “Sure,” I mumbled, a bit sarcastically. But the truth was, as long as she was happy, I didn’t mind.

   That night we left our stuff in the U-Haul, and crashed on whatever bed we could find. It was pretty comfortable, except for the occasional creaking. I imagined Mom was looking around, not able to hold in her excitement until morning.



© 2011 Kayla


Author's Note

Kayla
So, this chapter is hort, but the other ones will be longer, promise!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

290 Views
Added on January 24, 2011
Last Updated on February 1, 2011
Tags: Fanfiction, Haunting In Connecticut, Jonah, Paranormal


Author

Kayla
Kayla

NY



About
I write a lot of poetry. Most of it is really serious, and negative. But I'm actually a really happy and fun person:) I write fanfiction whenever I see a movie, or read a book that doesn't explain a l.. more..

Writing
Death Death

A Poem by Kayla


No Escape No Escape

A Poem by Kayla


Silence Silence

A Poem by Kayla