Extreme Zero

Extreme Zero

A Screenplay by Teamsassafrass
"

Although it's unfinished, would love to hear your input

"

Scene 1


Pans down from outside to the underworld minions are walking around and then goes to the LOTU(L.ord O.f T.he U.nderworld) 1 to 3 minions at his/her side and LOTU (name still being determined) Is sitting on his throne.


L: What news have you brought from the surface?

M1: HQ has found the hero sire.

L: They have hmm?

M1: Yes, and he has been giving off huge spikes of energy.

L: Hah, this doesn’t concern me! How can a high schooler ever stop me and my evil plans? he is completely weak compared to my powers.

M1: Yes that is true but he-

L:Enough! I don’t want to hear this any longer!

M1: Yes sire.

L: hah! The HQ thinks they can recruit high schoolers to defeat me! We’ll see about that…


Scene 2

Grows darker and then it goes to the High School, shows Ryan walking down the school halls. Jason bumps into him.

     

Jason: Watch it man!

    Ryan: (drops books) Oh uh sorry..

Jason: Yea yea… (looks down at him and picks up a fewbooks)     Here.

Ryan: um.. thanks.


Jason walks away and Ryan walks the other direction into computer class where the camera pans over to beth sitting at a table with an extra.


Beth: We’ve talked about this before! All you have to do is restart the computer!

Computer guy: Oh that’s what you’re supposed to do?! Thanks!

Beth: Ugh. Ya sure. (Ryan catches Beth’s eyes and he shrugs.  Beth grins)


Robin peeks her head in, and looks around the computer lab.


Robin: Has anyone seen Mr.Brandshire come by here?

Beth: Nope.

Ryan: Uhh I think he went to the Principal’s office.

    Robin: Thanks! *pauses* Hey don’t I know you?

   Ryan: *thinks, then grins as he remembers* Ya, we have History together.

    Robin: Right! I knew you looked familiar! See ya!


Ryan watches her leave and smiles as Beth rolls her eyes.

Then goes to Carson and the General watching Ryan on a computer.


Scene 3

Carson: So these are the kids? Wow, their energy levels  are spiking off the charts!

General: it might be because of their abnormally high coffee consumption. (Carson and General exchange awkward glances)     

Carson: Maybe... When do we recruit?

General: Pick em up tomorrow. We need to start this operation  as soon as possible, LOTU is getting stronger...

Carson: yes sir. Do you really think that we can pull this off?

    General: We better. (Walks away)


Scene 4


We start the scene at Ryan’s house, he goes into the kitchen and checks the fridge.


Ryan: Hey mom!

Camera to mom, shows she’s been crying

Mom: (Pauses, then sniffles)yea?

Ryan: Are we out of milk?

Mom: Oh sorry honey I forgot to get some..

(Ryan walks in)

Ryan: Have you been crying?

Mom: (smiles) heh, I suppose I am!

Ryan: (Pause) You ok?

Mom: yea honey I am. (rubs eyes, gets up) Can I get a hug?

Ryan: ….Sure?(Hugs)

Mom:(still holding ryan) You know I love you so much right?

Ryan:...Yea

Mom:(closes eyes and smiles) Good.




Scene 5

At school again, this time Ryan is in class.


Teacher: (improvise boring speech)

Ryan: (bored)

Carson: (Walks in; looks straight at Ryan. Then at teacher) The principal would like to talk to Ryan.

Teacher: Whatever. (keeps talking)

Ryan: (walks outside) So what does she need?

Carson: Nothing. We’re leaving the school.

Ryan: Wait what? We don’t have a note for that!

Carson: Don’t need one kid.

Ryan: Am I being kidnapped? Is this what getting kidnapped feels like?

Carson: (stops) Look, all we’re doing is leaving the school. The rest will explain itself in due time.

Ryan: Will it?

*No answer. Now they’re out of school and he sees Beth, Robin and Alec standing outside.*

Alec: Hey it’s book boy! (to Carson) He’s coming too?

Carson: Yep.

Beth: Do I have to wait any longer? Or can we leave now?

Carson starts to walk around the front of the school, apparently searching for something.

Robin: What’s he doing?
(Alec shrugs)

Carson: Ah! There it is! You guys ready?

(all say yea, car drives in)

Carson: Ok, beam us up scotty! (laughs, all students confused) It’s from-ok nevermind.

Ryan’s Mom: Ryan!

Ryan: Mom?!

*All of a sudden a huge flash of light engulfs the screen and all 5 teleport to the HQ*





Scene 6


The HQ has suddenly appeared and the kids are in shock that they have just teleported to a new area. Robin, Alec, and Beth are freaking out and Ryan is staring at the ground, deep in thought.


Robin: Uhh where are we?!

Alec: Yea and how did we get here?!

Beth: (Starts clenching stomach knees to the ground) UGH I think I’m gunna be sick!

Carson: Don’t throw up on the carpet kid.

(Beth crawls away, moaning)

Alec: (Comes up to Carson) Hey! What are we doing here? I thought you were just taking us out of school!

Robin: Oh god, are we going to be here forever?!

Carson: Can all of you just settle down?! It’s not like this is a prison! You can leave at any time *under breath* if we allow it..

Alec: Wait why hasn’t book boy said anything yet?

(Camera to Ryan, he’s staring at the ground and slowly looks up, still confused)

Ryan: Why was my mom there?

Carson: She was?

Ryan: She yelled my name right before we left..

Carson: Well to be honest with you all, your parents already knew about this.

Ryan,Alec,and Robin: WHAT?!

Beth: (Crawls back in, still on floor) WHAT?! Ohh geez I’ll be right back… (Crawls back)

General: You better believe it. (Walks in, creeped out by Beth) We’ve been in contact with your parents since we noticed that your energy levels were so high.

Alec: So, does that mean that our parents let you guys take us away?

Carson: It was the most logical decision. The reason why we brought you here is to well.. save the world.

Robin: You mean save the world by telling everyone to recycle?

General: You’ll be saving the world from pure evil. Your training starts tomorrow and by next month you’ll be ready to stop LOTU once and for all…

Alec: I think I like the recycling plan better.

Carson: Well! Let’s show you to your rooms shall we? And uh..(Looks down at Beth) Can somebody get a mop?


Scene 7


Carson: This is where you four will be staying for the time being.  

(camera pans into a darker room that looks like no one has been in there for years) Meet me where we were when you guys are done.

Alec:This is where we’re staying?

Ryan: Better than nothin.

Alec: But there’s no Xbox or TV or anything!

Carson:Get over it.(Carson leaves)

Ryan: Alec, we’ll have to make this room more homey.

Alec: How? By singing an upbeat song and cleaning everything up? Count me out!

Ryan: Look, we’re obviously staying here awhile so we should probably get along.

Alec: Yea.. wait, what’s your name again?

Ryan: (pauses) Seriously?

Robin:(enters) Hey guys come check out our room- woah. your room is a mess.

Alec: What’s yours look like?

Robin: Like an actual room. It’s got a TV and an Xbox.

Alec: Man! why does Carson give us the room that needs to be cleaned!? And wait, did you say you had an Xbox?!

Robin: Haha no, I’m just kidding. I heard you whining from down the hall. I think wanted us to come back after we got settled.

Ryan: I’m ready, Alec you ready?

Alec: Wait just a sec, (lies on bed) Geez this is hard… ok I’m ready.


Scene 8


Beth: Where does he want us to go?

Ryan: Back where we were when we first got here I think.

Alec: Where is that?

Beth: Right here. This place isn’t that big. (pans out, shows that they’ve just been in a room)

Carson: I’m glad you guys came so quick, how do you like your new rooms

Kids: (All say their opinions all at one time)

Carson:...Ok I didn’t hear any of what any of you just said but I’m guessing you liked it! Now, we’re going to go back to the upper levels and start your training.

Ryan: Do we get to see our parents?

Carson: There'll be time for that later, we have to keep a very serious schedule.

Alec: Why so serious? (snickers from kids)

Carson: (annoyed) Because Alec, we have to get you guys fit and ready to take on LOTU. Today we’ll be running drills to see which position you fit into

Robin:What do you mean by position?

Carson: When you go into the underworld there will be a spot for each of you: Leader, wingman, Stealth and the last one will not be on the field but will be working on tech.

Beth: Hah, OK can we all agree that I fit into tech? Can I leave now?

Carson: I guess. The computer lab is over there.

Beth: yay I don’t have to run anymore! (walks away)

Ryan: Where are we training?

Carson: You’ll see

Another flash of light takes them to a playground. They have their backs to the playground and as they turn around, they get less and less excited by what they see.

Alec: A...playground?

Carson: It’s better than you think. C’mon. (all walk towards the playground)

Alec: Yea sure.

© 2014 Teamsassafrass


Author's Note

Teamsassafrass
Would love to hear constructive criticsm and I will be putting up the rest soon!

My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

209 Views
Added on May 24, 2014
Last Updated on May 24, 2014
Tags: action, adventure, comedy, romance, friendship

Author

Teamsassafrass
Teamsassafrass

Moorpark, CA



About
Hi my name is Kate and I am 15 years old. I've been writing for practically all of my life and I usually like to write (very) short stories! more..

Writing