Every Christmas

Every Christmas

A Chapter by Tegon Maus
"

The way I remember Christmas as I grew up

"

             Every Christmas was the same... dozens of people standing around talking... just talking.

My mom always had a mountain of food on the table... glazed ham, roast beef, turkey... all the cookies, pies, cakes you could ever hope to eat and no one touched a thing... not a single potato chip. No music, no alcohol, no one even sat down... just talked.

By 2:00 in the afternoon, my grandfather closed the store and made his way to my parent’s house.

When he came in... no one spoke, no one moved. Grandpa always sat in the same chair... no other when he came to the house. At the moment he sat down my mother would hand him a beer.

Every year was the same... he took it... took a sip and said ‘cheers’ raising the bottle.  At that moment the room exploded into music, laughter and cheerful voices, food and drink... all at the same instant.

Now it was Christmas... Grandpa said so.



© 2019 Tegon Maus


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I never knew either of my grandfathers except as their children did.. and I too was a child listening to my parent.. your story makes me think they would have liked yours.. I did..

Posted 4 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

67 Views
1 Review
Added on October 24, 2019
Last Updated on October 25, 2019
Tags: Christmas, Grandpa, Tegon Maus, party


Author

Tegon Maus
Tegon Maus

CA



About
Dearheart, my wife of fifty one years and I live in Cherry Valley, a little town of 8,200 in Southern California. In that time, I've built a successful remodeling /contracting business. But tha.. more..

Writing