A Child's Dream

A Child's Dream

A Poem by Terohime

" When you cry"

Silently sleeping upon the bed,
A
tiny child rests her head,
Y
awning for a good nights sleep,
Good as gold with out a peep,
E
nchanted dreams fill her head.


Everything is in their bed,
L
aying there upon the sheets,
Infinite lands full of sweets,
Zebras gallop across the fields,
Around the world people yield,
Bags full of candy, bunnies, and bears,

Eggs are full of yummy pears,
This is what a child's dream,
Holds deeply upon its beams.
"I'll be there"

© 2013 Terohime


Author's Note

Terohime
A tribute to my daughter.
~Res

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Aw, this is so beautifully penned. Such a lovely tribute to your daughter. I was censored by crown court for five years for fighting back against racism towards my daughter. I have many dedication pieces on here, that I think you may well enjoy. Thanks for sharing Resnera. Keep up the great work.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Lovely acrostic in your daughters name, she must have loved this token in her honor.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Dear Resnera

I though it time to pay you a visit and choose this of your poems to review.

Thank you by the way for your kindness when I was ill.

You also know I hold you in high regard in relation to the values you hold dear.

You leave two clear clues as to the poem's meaning, the title 'A child's Dream' and author's note 'A tribute to my daughter.'

I will come back to meaning and personal reaction in a minute, but let me look at form first.

Structure: If you include the opening and closing lines, your have one stanza of nine lines and a second of six. It is immediately apparent why you do this as the poem is acrostic. Reading down the first letter of each line you end up with 'Sayge' 'Elizabeth'

Clearly your daughter is called Elizabeth, or you lend her that name here. I am a little unclear about the 'sayge. Perhaps you might explain just out of interest sake for me?

What I do love here is your first and last lines where you wrap the piece in a beautiful box tied up with a pink ribbon:

First: " When you cry"
Last: "I'll be there"

Rhyme: Perfect - Rhyming couplets throughout as in aabb etc

Rhythm: A constant beat, albeit sporadic, helped by the rhymes and the relative length and brevity of each line.

Favourite lines:

'Yawning for a good nights sleep,
Good as gold with out a peep,'

I can picture this image vividly and with it the love for the child within the mother.

'Zebras gallop across the fields,
Around the world people yield,
Bags full of candy, bunnies, and bears,
Eggs are full of yummy pears,'

I love the gentle notion of what Elizabeth may be thinking as she dreams, the stuff of childhood aspiration and desire in all its simplicity. Again the rhymes enhance the impact.

Meaning and impact: There are many poems on here or in any anthology of poetry which do not give clues as to what they are about. But you give us slims ones here.

There are many poems, where there are just the title and the words on the page, the allusions are so opaque, the reader is left to imagine meaning. Even in those cases if some other notion of meaning is given, they still remain difficult to dissect.

Others like yours have a simplicity with or without the author's note where the meaning is simple.

Neither is more meretricious than the other.

Overview: I found the love behind the piece so endearing and the vision of childhood alluring. The structural acrostic, rhymes and opening and closing lines add much in terms of richness of style.

Well written. Bravo

I hope this helps.

With my best wishes as ever

James

Posted 10 Years Ago


James Hanna-Magill

10 Years Ago

PS I wonder if you could pick up the review of my novel 'Split' on here. Like the moral positions yo.. read more
Terohime

10 Years Ago

Thanks for the lovely review James ^^

As for the name my daughters name is Sayge her m.. read more
James Hanna-Magill

10 Years Ago

Thanks Res, James
A perfect tribute, well done.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I have personally not written in this type of style though I do see more and more people doing it. While it usually seems to be random words or no real flow involved, you have added that to yours and I love it. Nice piece.

Jupiter

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Aw, this is so beautifully penned. Such a lovely tribute to your daughter. I was censored by crown court for five years for fighting back against racism towards my daughter. I have many dedication pieces on here, that I think you may well enjoy. Thanks for sharing Resnera. Keep up the great work.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

awe, the final line is just so touching, well done

Posted 10 Years Ago


Like the arcostic style, This is amazing.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Terohime

10 Years Ago

Thanks
~Res
Aww... I think you are a wonderful mom. One who understands their child's dreams is always a great mom:) And its a very sweet write:)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is simply beautiful. What a heartfelt and sweet tribute. I hope that you frame this and hang it in her room. The reader can feel the love that went into this poem.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like it,
It's very sweet, and soft with a mothers love. True words from a true heart.

"This is what a child's dream,"
child dreams?

Just curious and hoping it helps is all.
Sincerely
Christopher

Posted 10 Years Ago


Terohime

10 Years Ago

~Res
unsavable_soul

10 Years Ago

Oh,
got you, I see it now. I was reading them as independent lines rather than the flow of the.. read more
Terohime

10 Years Ago

Lol it is ok, i spent a minute going over that part XD

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

724 Views
22 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 27, 2013
Last Updated on April 27, 2013

Author

Terohime
Terohime

south central, KY



About
I am a mother of two wonderful girls. Living an average life with a few twists and turns here. Taking time and writing is what i enjoy the most. Often it is my best way of expression. To sit back, rea.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Terohime



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Hero Hero

A Poem by Terohime