Hand in Hand

Hand in Hand

A Poem by Terohime

"A heart full of kindness"

Stuck in a never ending loop,
one that has no escape.

You feel trapped in your own mind,
Desperately clawing at the inside of your skull.

I need to find a way out!

Those words that linger,
with in your subconscious.

No matter how hard you struggle,
it may never seem like you are making any progress.

The truth is that any little effort,
that is giving,
will help you escape.

This is not a one person job,
it is a job for a family.

For all of us,

We all are humans with emotions,

We all feel,

We all cry,

So the best thing to do.

Is to have a out stretched hand there,
for anyone who needs it.


"Lives for eternity"
~Original Quote by Resnera




© 2013 Terohime


Author's Note

Terohime
Hello everyone,

This poem came to me some time back, when i witnessed one of my friends fall in to a deep depression. No one seemed to noticed, or did not care, what ever it was i could tell it was effecting her life. So i let her know that i was always there to talk to, she did talk to me and told me what was going on. She told me about how she was being bullied for being a bit over weight, and how that she was gone for such a long time to the point when she came back other kids were calling her bad names. I felt so bad for her that i stood by her, and still do. This teasing lasted for about a month after she told me what was going on.

So i told her we needed to bring this up to some one of authority. At first even they did nothing about it, but i kept pushing at it till they did something about it. It took about another month before any action was taken, but the main point is that action was taken. Now my friend had came out of depression and is back to her bubbly self, she even got up the motivation to loose a few pounds, and now she had become the senior prom queen. So this poem is about helping people out, be there when some one needs you. Because if you just blow them off thinking someone else will help, that person will never get help. Just be ready to help others out all the time, one small act of kindness can start the domino effect and before you know it, the kindness will spread.

~Res

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is true character. When we lift up the weak. When we offer a hand without expecting to receive.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Wow! Amazing poem!! Really great job!! :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Very inspiring. Good job.

Posted 10 Years Ago


A fine poem, well done

Posted 10 Years Ago


Terohime

10 Years Ago

Thanks
~Res
I really do love your writing. My belief is that we co-create our own world or destiny with the Divine and that the Divine is not seperate from us as we are not seperate from each other---When we completely eradicate this myth of 'us and them', then we will all see how connected we truly are and the concept of causing harm to each other will fade away.

Namaste and Blessed Be

Posted 10 Years Ago


Terohime

10 Years Ago

Thanks for your review.
~res
You speak the truth, my friend. We are all responsible for our own personal struggles and feelings, but it takes a good group of supporters to really give people that final push out of the darkness. I think that your description is so very sad...bullying is a horrifying thing, and it can scar a child for life. I never really experienced it on a high level, but can still remember some little insignificant comments that were made to me when I was in school that still stick with me. The mind is a strange and incredible thing, and it soaks things in like a sponge. Well done.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Terohime

10 Years Ago

Thanks
~res
For this read I don't think a pink font is a very good idea. A very powerful message and a great write and read.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Profound and poignant message in this one...I found the pink font to be a bit lackadaisical for this potent read, but that's just me, nonetheless a great read.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Good poem. Speaks the truth

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

"This is not a one person job..." This line says it all, Res! Life is not a solitary event; we need to help each other along. Your poem is a great reminder of this!

Posted 10 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

653 Views
18 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 6, 2013
Last Updated on May 6, 2013

Author

Terohime
Terohime

south central, KY



About
I am a mother of two wonderful girls. Living an average life with a few twists and turns here. Taking time and writing is what i enjoy the most. Often it is my best way of expression. To sit back, rea.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Terohime



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Hero Hero

A Poem by Terohime