Heat

Heat

A Story by Nyx
"

I want to melt into you, and hear my skin burning as you show me what it means to be alive.

"
I could feel her hot breath on my cheek, ash falling upon my skin. Her eyes were steely and molten, weapons crafted by a blacksmith, and they pierced through me with a metal vengeance. When I placed my hand on her skin I could feel the interconnected fibers on my fingers lace between hers, and she burned me, silently melting flesh as she smiled and flashed her teeth. 
I moved to touch her, but she wasn't there, and a pile of ash lay in her wake; I crumpled to my knees, exhaled, and felt the ash coat my hands, arms, and legs, illusory yet comforting, dingy yet clean. The ash purified my body and mind, and I could feel the war inside cease as I doused my body in the phoenix embers, reborn into someone I knew, someone different than I was. Her eyes were gone, but mine were not, and the clarity she saw with transferred into me, suddenly encompassing both my sight and thoughts, My flighty nature was replaced with her stolid nature, and I could feel my body stand tall, confident in appearance, stable internally. 
I melted into her heat, and I fueled her fire, but I burnt her out, so I took her ashes and made sure I could always remember her through them. Using her passion and excitement to replace my emptiness only worked when I could feel her skin burning me, her eyes staring into me, and her heart emitting heat, burning into my body, melting my resolve, and inciting desire to change and create something that could never be burnt down. 

© 2020 Nyx


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

25 Views
Added on January 22, 2020
Last Updated on January 22, 2020

Author

Nyx
Nyx

Akron, OH



About
I write because I love it, typically poetry and short excerpts of madness from my mind. Enjoy! more..

Writing
Time Time

A Poem by Nyx


Forgetting Forgetting

A Poem by Nyx


Rock Rock

A Poem by Nyx