A Brush With Love

A Brush With Love

A Chapter by Thanatos96
"

Chapter 2: The beginnings of a whole lotta love.

"
After my first creepy encounter with romance, and moving and going to a new school, I didn't care about love for a long time. I went through the rest of elementary school without hardly caring if I dated anyone.

And I didn't date anyone. But of course us guys will occasionally gawk at some chick and say she's hot and all that boring stuff. None of my friends ever saw through people. I did. I saw right through them and, even if I did become kind of lonely, I never a future with any of those brainless feminine shells.

By the time seventh grade hit, I didn't want to date anyone. Or at least I didn't want to ask anyone out. Asking girls out wasn't my forte, as I saw it. I was shy, had no experience, and would have had no CLUE what to say. So basically as a defense mechanism,I decided to tell myself and others, "Hell, if any of 'em like me enough, they'll ask me out." How right I was.......

It was at the end of the school year, about May 16,I believe, when it happened. It was a regular school day. Me and my buddies were walking to our band class just cutting up and joking as usual. As we approached the band room door, it suddenly burst open and had two female faces in it; both of them were grinning from ear to ear. They both asked me a question I had never expected to hear.......

"Will you go out with her??" they screamed at me. I knew who they were talking about. I'd seen her around school. She was a tall,slim girl with a pretty face. And in response to their surprising question and probing faces, I managed to stammer out "Yeah, sure." What a glorious decision that was.

Throughout the next two class periods I kept hearing "So you're going out with her now?" and all I could say was yes. After class I met up with her outside and started a little small talk, not exactly sure what to do. But lucky for me our class was going on over night field trip in a day or two and I'd get to spend a little time with her outside of school.

The trip was a blast and I enjoyed every minute I spent with her, which happened to be a lot of minutes. I came home in a sublime state and couldn't wait for the weekend to be over so I could see her again. But when Monday came and her slight frame walked through the door, it was with a sad look upon her face.

She sat down next to me and handed me a folded piece of paper. The note read that her parents wouldn't let her date until she was sixteen and that she must break up with me immediately. As my face turned red I handed the note back to her and did not relinquish my seat. I stayed there because I still had feelings for her....

The school year was almost at an end by then. Our last two days, which we were released early on, I got my teacher to let me spend in her class. I went in there and sat next to her as if nothing had changed. And on the very last day I slipped a token, my band medal for that year, into her purse when she wasn't looking so that she did not forget me over the summer. I knew I wouldn't forget her........


© 2016 Thanatos96


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
Added on March 13, 2013
Last Updated on April 1, 2016
Tags: Love


Author

Thanatos96
Thanatos96

Cordele, GA



About
Just get to know me. I can be easy-going, or I can be an a*****e. It's up to you which you see. more..

Writing
Ghost Ship Ghost Ship

A Story by Thanatos96


Awake Awake

A Poem by Thanatos96