Chapter five: Q and A

Chapter five: Q and A

A Chapter by Thatonedawg
"

Our first Urving chapter as you can see by the picture! Thanks for reading folks!

"
-5- Q and A
Kicking the blankets off I rolled out of bed eagerly and shut off my alarm. It was early but I was excited to see Issac so I couldn't go back to bed. Grabbing my beeper I flipped it open and the light cells slowly illuminated forming the screen between them. Growling I slapped it closed and tossed it on the couter, I had to work today. I was really hoping that I would have all day to get to know my new friend, but I have tomorrow free at least. If all goes according to plan I will be bringing my little buddy home tomorrow! Just thinking about this had me prancing around the house in joy as I got ready to go see him. After a quick shower I got dressed in a pair of sweats and a tank top that was a bit to small for me. Honestly I didn't really like clothes but the pamphlet said that humans wore them so I should, at least at first. Thinking about it poor lil Iza doesn't have anything to wear... it must get cold at night. Putting my keys, pager, and wallet into my pocket I headed out of the house and to my car. The small green sedan was barely able to fit my fat a*s and so driving it was sort of a challenge. Squishing myself into the drivers seat I managed to pry the door closed and take off. Groaning with discomfort I rolled down the window and put my arm out to alleviate some of the pressure.
I have never been ashamed about my weight. It doesn't really bother me unless someone is mocking me over it or simply inconvienienced by my size. It just scared me thinking what I may accidently do to Iza if I am not careful. He's so small and his body is so frail that I could easily break a bone or bruise an organ without thinking. Pulling up to a stop light I looked at my huge paws, each claw tapering to a sharp point and shuddered. As I turned onto the freeway I wondered how Issac would like my friends. I know that he is really skittish around our kind but he seems like a good guy and I just hope he gives me a chance. Today I was going to ask Iza to sign his ownership card. I was going to ask him to give his freedom away. Imagining Iza tearing up my contract almost brought tears to my eyes and I turned the radio on to avoid this.
"We cannot keep bringing humans to our planet! We simply cannot!" Grump, a candidate for Hierophancy declared loudly. "They cannot find jobs and our people simply-." I switched stations to shut him up, never been one for politics.
A song I liked by the Fire tails came on and I started to jam. I was so excited to show Iza all of my favorite movies and songs! Even if he didn't like them as I did it would be fun to see him form his own opinions and tastes. Speaking of tastes he must be starving! Remembering in the pamphlet it said that humans are only fed once a week at random. What if he doesn't get fed till the end of the week? Pulling off the freeway I went down the ramp and slowed my car to a stop before making my turn. Going to the drive up I waited behind another car that appeared to be full of rabbits. The massive meal they ordered was still on the screen as I pulled up but soon the King cow logo appeared and a voice began speaking over the static.
 
"Hello may I take your order today?" A muffled female voice said throught he speaker.
"Let me get two number fours, large. Thanks." I called leaning out of my car slightly.
"Yeah. Second window please." Her voice sounded disgusted as she replied quickly.
After a short wait I retrieved two bags of food and I hurried along to the human migration agency. Though it must be hard on them, being taken from their world, all I can do is make him comfortable and try to create good memories. Pulling into the crowded parking lot I searched a bit before finding a space, parking, and getting out with little difficulty. Going to the back I rifled through my gym bag until I got a grasp on my sweater. Throwing it over my shoulder I bumped the door closed with my side and pressed the lock key. As I approached the crowd parted slightly for my girth. The door to this place was a bit small and I had to duck a little as I walked inside the building. Once inside there was plenty of room to move around. The towering open lobby with several elevators running along its height was imposing even for someone of my size. Two huge sets of stairs led toward the mass storage, where Issac was being kept. In the center of the huge round room were several desks each manned by a suit wearing animal and each labled for a different purpose. Approaching one of the empty counters I smiled at the young hyena behind the desk who had been checking her makeup. 
"Hello sir! Visiting or taking home?" She asked as I set the bags on the counter. 
"Visiting! Only my second day seeing him!" I excitedly replied putting my paw on the scanner, which was only slightly larger than my paw.
A green light ran along the underside of my palm from left to right several times. I clicked my claws impatiently as the light turned red and began scanning up and down. After a few more minutes, time that only made our food cold, the DNA reader shut off and a small plastic ticket was printed. As I pulled it free she pointed to a sign in sheet and asked me to sign. Grabbing the largest of the pens I scratched my name on the line as small as I could manage. The jagged letters still looked awful compared to others but I could care less.
"Thank you very much sir!" She cheerily said smiling as I returned the thick pen to the slot. "Just so you know, he only has four more days with us before being repurposed. If you want to purchase this particular human the time is limited." Her voice became rehearsed and low but she put upward inflection on the words "particular human".
"Can you get me his papers please? I plan on bringing him home with me." I replied hiding my uregency with a friendly smile and voice that she responded to by breaking her practiced routine.
"Oh that's awesome!" She said tilting her head to the side with a grin. "Let me get this for you..." She trailed off pushing her purple trimmed bangs aside as she began typing.
Part of me was appalled. When the HMA first starting abducting humans they would stay here for months as they were auctioned off. That number quickly dropped to a few weeks when they started being taken in droves. Now these poor creatures have only a few days to reform the way they act and think. All the humans I visited before Iza were terrified of me, not that Issac wasn't scared, but he seemed to warm up to me. Watching the paper replicator I saw his file begin to form and when it was complete it fell into the collect tray for me to grab. The hyena gal continued to type for a few seconds, which I can only assume was to shut off the paper maker.
"Alright so just, like, read through his file and then you both have to sign the contract at the end. Then he will be tagged and given a few shots so he is all good to go tomorrow!" The female said very casually as I began skimming his file.
"How much will he cost with all the work?" I replied leaning on the counter and closing his file with one hand, just to look sly.
"Uhh..." Her muzzle hung open as she scanned her computer with a blank stare. "Oh! 450C." She replied and my eyes widened causing her to giggle slightly, placing a paw in front of her nose.
"That won't be a problem." I replied causing her to laugh again once she knew I was joking. "Thank you ma'am. Have a wonderful day." Politely ending our conversation I collected our food and his file before smiling and winking at the young spotted hyena.
"You too!" She called as I began to turn waving one of her manicured paws.
Heading up the stairs I decided I was going to take the elevator down, I had earned it. There were a few other animals in here with me, but none my size, so I pressed into the corner to make room. Once we were down two floors only I and a thin cat remained. The small feline adult fiddled with his tie as he groomed the fur around his face to appear styled. He was gray and white in splotches and his tail was shorter than most cats. I couldn't help myself but chuckle softly when I saw he had flowers and a tiny stuffed animal in his arms. He looked my way but I pretended to be looking through my pager. He was gonna give his human a little plush lion that looked adorable but still sort of angry. Feeling the food gently I could feel a bit of heat and that made me feel a little better. He stopped on floor U5 and rushed out eagerly his little tail twitching around as he ran.
Now alone I laughed a bit and hit the underground seven button. God it must be cold down here, but Iza will get to be warm for his last night! I pulled the sweater off my shoulder and folded it under his file as I continued to read through it. He was labled as a level three threat! I was thrown by that for a few moments looking around the empty elevator in disbelief. He can't possibly be that dangerous... could he? The human I met yesterday was such a skittish and frail boy. I shut his file as the elevator stopped and the doors slid open to a dull stone hallway with doors lining both sides. Like last time I went to door #773 and inserted the plastic slip that was essentially a one time key. The door unlocked and I opened it eagerly peeking inside only to find Iza asleep curled up in the corner. 
I entered and slowly shut the door as not to wake him. Setting the stuff down I approached as gently as my massive paws could muster. Once near him I got down on one knee and he began to stir. Calling his name softly I placed a paw across his torso and gave him a nudge. Smiling down at him with all my heart the tiny fellow rolled over and looked up at me with his eyes barely open. His eyes shot open though and he let out a shrill cry of pure terror. He began kicking back but only to collide with the wall as he screamed and swung at me with all his strength. His tiny fists bounced off my belly and his feet scraped the floor as he tried to escape my presence. Staring into his eyes I saw the tiny pupils quivering as he scanned my face and began panting with lessened fear. I fell back into a seated position and put my paw to my face for a moment before I apologized. He didn't seem to register my words at first but as he examined my face he seemed to calm a bit.
"I'm... really sorry Issac." I repeated my apology with a more personal touch as he seemed to recognize me.
"Ur-Urving?" Issac practically shouted my name as he examined me for a moment panting deeply.
"Heya bud!" Though I frowned while saying this I managed to keep a friendly tone. "I didn't mean to... startle you." I continued in an almost whisper, choosing what I said carefully.
Iza covered his face with both hands and whimpered lightly, a very meek and almost inaudible sound. Gulping hard I tried to keep my now stinging eyes from producing tears. What the hell is wrong with me? I am definitely the last thing he should see when he first wakes up. I could've given the poor little guy a heart attack and... no, I don't want to think about that. He uncovered his face and stared straight ahead at the other corner with a look that I could only describe as broken. His eyes looked empty as he stared at the wall and his thin arms held one of his knees. Though he seemed limp I could see him shaking and clutching his own skin as he sat recovering. With a slow turn of his head our eyes met and he forced a small smile, though I knew he was really upset. Rubbing his head he groaned then yawned and stretched his arms out, before finally smacking his lips a few times. I took this as an opportunity to make amends.
"You hungry buddy?" I asked unable to keep myself from using a pet voice.
"Yes! I'm starving!" His response was instant and his face brightened in a second.
Reaching behind me I grabbed the food, which was probably cold by now, and handed him a bag. He opened it frantically and gasped with delight as he began devouring the french fries. I couldn't keep a smile from my face as he ate them by the handful, making some of the cutest noises I have ever heard a creature produce. Scarfing the fries quickly he practically put his head in the bag as he looked for more food but pulled out the drink instead. His puzzled face was priceless as he scanned the package and turned it about before trying to use the nozzle atop it. Issac tugged on it a few times before twisting it and cracking the cap off with only minor effort. Holding it delicately he took a few sniffs of it then took a drink. His face sparked with joy for a second before vanishing behind the bottle as he began chugging the punch.
"Hey save some for your food!" I chuckled as he downed the drink with loud gulps then dropped his arms to the side and sighed with pleasure.
The relief on his face was so commical as he licked his lips then sighed again before taking another drink. "I haven't... had anything to drink... so long." His words were breathy and elongated.
"Here, you can have mine!" I exclaimed happily pulling it from the bag and handing it toward him.
"You... don't mind?" He muttered looking at me but then looking away, his topaz colored eyes dulling with a hint of shame.
"Not at all! You have a lot of food there for someone your size." I laughed rather loudly reassuring him that it was alright to take it.
"Th-thank you." Iza replied as he took the stout bottle of red liquid from my paw. "For everything..." He muttered looking at the ground as I was about to bite into my burger.
"Not a problem! Your file said you were a carnivore so I hope you like it!" I replied warmly lifting the food for reference before taking a large bite.
He seemed amazed as he unwrapped the cheeseburger and held it in his hands. Marveling at the size he examined it closely before looking at me enjoying mine. As he took the first bite I watched him melt into bliss. He probably hasn't had a good meal in so long... No wonder he is devouring cheap fast food with glee. Iza tore through that thing faster than I did! His tiny mouth took at least three bites for every one of my own. Issac seemed to really enjoy the food even though it was cold and poorly prepared. As he drank the second bottle of juice he stopped for a second and handed it toward me with a raise of his eyebrow. Taking the bottle I smiled and thanked him before pouring the liquid into my mouth from a short distance. He seemed to appreciate this as a small smile grew when I set the bottle down in front of him untaited with bear breath. Finishing his food he rubbed his stomach and groaned lightly with a smile.
"Thank you again!" Issac said brightly in a voice I have never heard from him.
"No problem at all! The agency workers may not want to feed you but I do!" I responded munching on my remaining fries.
"Agency?" He shuddered staring at me with widening eyes that showed he was uneasy.
"The Human Migration Agency. Nothing to be afraid of kid." I explained simply and that seemed to put him at ease. "There goal is to make sure that no Anthronian gets a human for the soul purpose of harming them." My voice is different around Issac... higher... no, mellow?
"Your people... what do they do with us? Am I your... slave?" Iza, though seemingly relieved, asked me in a faint raspy tone that showed discomfort.
"No! No! Oh jeez man! No! Your... my..." I didn't really know what to say. I really wanted to hug him again. "I want you to be happy. My friends are eager as hell to meet you, not for anything bad, just because they know I like you! Ya understand?" My mellow voice paired with my delicately chosen words seemed to impact Iza in just the right way.
He smiled at me and I held out my paw like he did the other day. A handshake, as humans call it. I leaned in a bit and grabbed his puny hand awaiting any sign of forced movement. Surprisingly the little fellah was able to! Maybe if he gets a bit heavier I can wrestle with him for fun and not fear crushing the poor little guy! After we finished making a handshake I opened my arms and raised my eyebrows in a sort of silent question. Remembering how he reacted to my sudden hug yesterday I decided to ask this time even if I didn't use words. Issac looked at me sort of confused but then walked into my arms and tried to grab around my gut. I kneeled slightly and cuddled my human with both paws, wanting to pick him up but respecting his freedom.
"So your "friends" what are they like?" He emphasized "friends" in a somewhat distressed tone as he stepped away from me.
"I can't wait for them to meet you! I can't wait for you to meet them!" My voice sparked up a few octives as I spoke and my excitement grew.
"So they're nice? Are they like you?" His face was a little pouty but the way he spoke showed that he was curious and not just frightened.
"Do you mean bears? No! I have all sorts of friends like-." Issac shook his head chuckling softly and I stopped to look at him confused but he just proceeded to a new question.
"What can you tell me about... outside?" His bewildered eyes made me wish I could take him right now!
"Our planet is alot like earth but of course the plants and... animals are different." My response forced me to laugh at the word "animals". "Al Ur En is much larger than earth however and we have, as you can tell, both sentient and primal animals. Humans do not exist here naturally but that's a no brainer." I chuckled again but Iza seemed to be lost in thought and complex emotion.
His little face twisted and gnarled into confusion, sorrow, anger, and frustration as he pondered my words. I felt obligated to help the poor fellow since something I said made him so upset. He looked up at me as I tried to find the words to soothe him and, with tears beading to life on his eyelashes, he smiled halfheartedly. Gasping softly I leaned toward him and put a paw on his shoulder, it was more like his entire torso though. The sight of him smiling, with no real emotion, hurt me so badly I almost cried myself.
"I-I am really s-scared." He said softly hanging his head in shame, as if this was a fault of character and not just an emotion.
"Don't worry buddy! Please don't cry. Are you afraid to leave?" I asked him worried that he would fail to meet adoption requirements.
"I... you..." Issac said as he reached up and gently touched one of my huge digits. "I can trust you... right?" Iza's voice was choppy and I could hear a light quivering within each word.
"Of course! I promise you will always be able to count on me." My words came from my heart and as I removed my paw from his shoulder he stared at me with those light electric yellow eyes, like fireflies or neon in the distance.
"Can... will you protect me? I can't fight creatures of your size and... if I did... they would..." His straining voice broke and he began to sob reaching up to gently cup his eyes.
"You will never have to fight again! If anyone wants to hurt you or even bother you they have to somehow get by my fat a*s." My joke made him smile but only for a second then he continued his breathy crying unabated. "Listen, Issac. I do not like violence but just the thought of you being harmed boils my blood. With every ounce of my being I promise I will protect you." His tear stained face was gloom stricken as I spoke but he continued to look at me till I was finished.
Staring at the opposite wall for a minute or two he turned back and sniffled before asking me a difficult question. "Will other animals... try to eat me?" His entire body shook with fright as he asked me this and I felt so horrible for the miniscule creature.
Honestly what I had to tell him was not good and I feared his reaction. This was currently a major questioning point for the candidates of Hierophancy. Most rational Anthronians express that it is wrong but there are those who declare humans are property and there for free game. His elongated stare became mortified as I looked down at him and nodded shortly with a small sigh. He began to pant and squeaze his chest in panic before attempting to remove his chain with sharp rakes of his finger claws. It was so damn sad watching him try to open the cuff, his frantic breathing soon turning into short yelps of fear. Brushing the empty food bags aside I leaned toward him and put a paw out, which caused him to jump and shout from shock then examine me apologetically. What the hell did they do to this poor kid? His life on the run, with no one to explain anything to him, must have been a living hell. The rumors that humans must have spread about being caught would obviously scare a fully grown man, let alone a young one. I wanted to find that frightened young boy when he was not this petrified and show him that we can make things better. Right then and there I made it my goal to bring back the Issac who lived on earth. To show this little furless animal that we are not different and that he has a chance to be happy again.
"I will never let that happen to you! I promise! I would die before I let anyone touch you, fang or finger." All I could do now was beg him to feel safety with me and hope he will sign the contract. "Once you leave this room... if I am the one you leave with... you're like my cub. I want to take care of you" It was hard to push out words of such emotional magnitude but I managed.
His grief stricken expression stared deeply as his mouth hung open for a few seconds before tightening into a small pouting frown. The gravity of what I said hit him rather hard and he just stared at me for quite some time, scanning my face. His frail naked skin with only a light dusting of hair around certain areas looked so fragile as he sat there holding himself for wamrth. Reaching behind me I grabbed the sweat shirt I brought for Iza and got on my knees in front of him. Though he did look scared I could see a shard of trust as I kneeled there holding the thick garment open for him to put his arms through. Sliding it over his rail thin figure I watched him relish the warmth the tick sweatshirt brought. Clutching his body with it on he groaned and scooted his legs in so they also were covered. He stopped suddenly and his nose crinkled with disgust. Issac sniffed the jacket a few times and seem to be bothered by my BO.
"Sorry buddy that was sort of a last minute thought. Should have washed it for ya." I chuckled rubbing the back of my head hoping he doesn't think less of me.
"No don't worry. You were nice enough to bring it for me." His reply made my heart soar and I smiled as big as I could without showing a lot of teeth. "You are kind..." He said softly and without conviction, like an after thought. "Thank you." Iza finished bashfully looking away as his face turned a little red under the eyes.
"Oh don't you even mention it!" Chuckling back I waved one paw and shook my head slightly. "Can I ask you something bud?" My friendly voice took a slight down shift toward serious and he picked up on that.
"Yes?" His response was sort of drawn out in an awaiting tone.
I took a deep breath to prepare for what I was about to ask. "Do you want to go with me?" My question came out and a serious expression grew across my mug. "If you're... afraid of me... or if... you don't like me... I don't want you to say yes." I couldn't look at him anymore so I looked at the wall to hide unwanted emotions, which still flooded to the surface.
 
"Urving..." Issac muttered softly looking down at the sweater that now covered everything but his head. "You have been really nice to me..." His voice trailed off as he looked around the room, searching for the words he wanted. "I would be an idiot to not go with you." Iza stated frankly and then laughed a little nervously.
Damn it felt amazing to hear that! It was just good to see him laugh! Though it was a short lived process the endearment that resonated within me would be eternal. A huge smile spread across my face and I leaned in to pat him on the shoulder. Issac didn't flinch either! He let me touch him and had no negative response! In fact he smiled up at me as I did it! Beaming down at him I decided I would use this time to get to know him better and not just get him to sign his contract. If I was going to be a good owner I had better know as much as I could about my specific human! My Issac!
"So Iza, if you don't mind me asking, what sorta stuff you like?" Leaning back on one paw I tried to sound as if I was talking to a close friend of mine.
"Well..." He began with a small smile that quickly faded into a cold empty stare. "The last year or so... I haven't had any interests really... just training and surviving..." The faint almost whispering voice replied to my question in a gloomy tone. "Besides... nothing from earth is here so..." Issac managed to force those last few words out before he began to cry and bowed his head.
Damn it why does everything I do end up making him cry? "Hey buddy, relax! Even though earth is gone that doesn't mean you can't be happy!" My reply caused him to look up at me sniffling with tears still running down his face. "A lot of things you think are lost forever can actually be found in my world too!" This made him perk up slightly as he wiped his cheeks and nose on my sweaters sleeve.
"You think so?" Iza asked his thin hopeful voice was still a bit shaky.
"Of course!" I replied full of optomism. "Now please stop crying... I can't stand to see you sad." The deepness of my voice was not rough during this sentence instead I managed to speak smooth and soothing.
With a few more sniffles he suddenly gave a big grin showing all his teeth, like any Anthronian would have done to greet him. I laughed lifting my head back as I did and when I returned my eyes to Issac he was finishing a laugh as well. Alright, he is really sensitive so I have to be careful, but I want to know something about him... Lets just try the basics!
"What's your favorite color?" I asked Issac leaning toward him slightly so I assuredly heard his answer.
"Black..." Iza responded quickly then put a finger to his mouth. "...and green." He finished dropping his hand and nodding.
"What kinds of music did you like? Some of our genres are similar to earth music." My question perked his interest and I could see a small spark light in his eyes as he smiled.
"Mostly rock but I like some rap and r&b too." His response made me smirk as I informed him that I really liked Earthling rock&roll, which made him grin in a way I haven't seen yet.
"Do you like movies?" My next question made me feel a little stupid. Doesn't everyone like movies?
"Wow... I haven't seen a movie in a long time!" Issac exclaimed lifting up slightly in excitement.
"What about games? Do you like to play games?" This was a big one, I love digi-tech!
"Yeah! There was one game when I was... younger..." He trailed off and looked away distraught. "Do you guys have video games?" Issac seemed to repress feeling upset and simply asked the question.
"Video...?" I responded with the one word I didn't know then just thought I would ask my pager.
"Like... games that are played on a... device of somekind? Like electronic games or..." Iza tried to explain but I tilted my head confused as I pulled my pager from my pocket.
"Wait... like this?" Holding out one paw for a second I began clicking through my beeper looking for a fairly simple game.
Taking the beeper Issac adjusted his eyes to the light, transfixed by the pager itself. "Yes! Holy crap what is this thing?" Iza questioned turning it over to examine it, before he put his finger through the screen and wiggled it about in astonishment. "It's just light!" He  exclaimed removing and tapping his fingers together as he stared closely at the images being displayed in the game.
"It's called a link pager. They are relatively new but mine is still an older model." My response came out as a laugh at first, seeing his intrigued face growing more and more astonished.
"It's incredible! How... do you play?" He asked as I heard the game begin playing the title screen music.
Realizing it was entirely in Anthronian I chuckled a little and reached for it. "Let me show you!"
Rocking myself forwad I managed to get up first try. I moved over to Iza's wall and took a seat next to him, leaning so he could see. "These two move the turret and these two fire. If they overheat you have to wait." As I explained the simple score based game he eagerly showed he understood by reaching for it.
Watching him play it took him a while to get it down. He kept appologizing each time he would lose but I tried to assure him it didn't matter. How was he supposed to know the Anthronian Alphaglyphs anyway? After a while he was laughing with glee as the enemies began to grow greater and greater in numbers only to become unmanagable, resulting in game over. Hearing his laughter was so precious, uplifting, and funny. After he played for a while I saw the time and cringed. Holy balls I was going to be late! But he was just starting to have fun! Issac needs to sign his contract! Crap, what do I say? How do I ask?
"Hey Issac I have to go to work very soon. Can I ask you to do something?" I asked somewhat urgent causing him to look up and allow the game to end on purpose.
"Wh-what?" Issac muttered staring up at me wide eyed, a few droplets of worry gathering in his expression.
"I have a piece of paper I need you to sign. But if you do... you are allowing me to purchase you. I will own you and technically you would have to do what I say." This was hard to say to him, I don't know how to ask someone to give up being free.
"Do I get a choice?" He asked stunned with his mouth hanging open and his eyes spreading with hope.
"Well yes-." He cut me off with a small excited noise accompanied by him balling up one fist. "But if you don't sign a contract then they..." My words crushed his hope and that struck my heart with guilt, which cut my sentence short.
"What?" His response was dire as he glared at me, his joy derailed. "What do they do?" He almost commanded me to respond with his voice.
"It's called repurposing... they put this thing in your head and then..." Issac's mouth dropped open and he pushed backward away from me.
"No!" He slammed his fist down his eyes lighting like angry torches.
"Iza I don't want that either!" My voice dwarfed his and he winced as I shouted. "They only do that if you refuse to be adopted... Iza I promise you dont have to be scared. If you sign this then I can keep my promises..." The sound of my gruff voice crackling slightly from how tense I could feel Issac had become.
"So if I don't go with you there going to f**k with my brain?" Issac shouted clenching his hands in rage as he sharpened his eyes.
"No! You don't have to go with me... I had just really hoped that you liked me..." The back of my eyes felt hot and the tears were hard to avoid, but Iza staring at me with a tiny quivering frown made me turn away, which helped.
"Urving..." Issac spoke my name askingly in a soft whimper causing me to look into his eyes. "Do you have a pen?" Issac still sounded a bit upset but his smile was genuine and I eager pulled the document out.
"Thank you Iza! All you gotta do is put your hand on the gray square." My bubbly voice was obviously pleased with him as I pointed at the little gray mark on his contract.
Issac looked down taking the sheet of paper from me, his eyes darting around as he tried to understand our text. He gulped and set the page down before placing his hand on the square and pressing slightly. He watched amazed as all of the gray flooded toward his hand and created a perfect replica of his palm print. Looking back up at me I smiled leaning in and patting his shoulder. His lopsided smile and arched eyebrows silently told me I had been a bit rough so I appologized but he shook his head. Though I expected a bit more joy all I got was a worried glance as he scanned the floor deep in thought. Gods I wish I had a little more time...
"I hate that I have to go but I am so excited Issac!" Pushing off the wall I rose to my feet and spun around in place.
"When can I leave here?" Iza asked looking up at me his face shifting toward confusion.
"Tomorrow! I have the whole day off and we are gonna have a party!" I replied unable to contain my excitement.
"Alright." Issac said after a few moments of silent thought, he wasn't as happy as I would have expected.
"I gotta go... I'm so sorry." I stated silently asking for a hug again. "I can't wait to see you tomorrow!" My pet voice came out again as he made the choice to hug me.
"Goodbye for now Urving." Issac replied waving once we broke our hug. 
"See ya tomorrow kid!" The word kid came out though I wanted to call him by his nickname.
Once out in the hall I began hurrying for the elevator snapping my pager open and calling my boss. He is going to be furious! Damn it why today? I wanted this day for my human. But I suppose if I get tomorrow off today should feel easy. I dropped his ownership contract off at the front desk and dashed out as quick as I could. Just thinking about Issac had me dancing across the parking lot. Others looked on in confusion but I could care less. My human actually wants to go with me! That had been a huge fear of mine since I first met him but now that I have talked with him, if only a little, I know he is just scared of the situation. Driving down the block I took the first left and headed for the freeway. I gotta get to work as soon as I can!


© 2016 Thatonedawg


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Gaw I love Urving! He's such a cuddle bear and I can picture this whole scene in my head! Great job on this one! I love how Iza is giving the normal responses (especially after the wolf tried to eat him) and how their relationship is developing. Sorry been a bit busy with my third novel and work but love this chapter!

(Don't forget to work on grammar as your progress in chapters! :) )

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

195 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 22, 2016
Last Updated on June 22, 2016
Tags: bare, burdens, of, life, love, loss, betrayal, heartbreak, aliens, tragedy


Author

Thatonedawg
Thatonedawg

Sacramento, CA



About
I have been writing for a long time. My father was a writer and he always encouraged me to do so as well. Sadly he never read any of my work or even cared for that matter. I just need to know that som.. more..

Writing