Ether

Ether

A Story by The Night Fox
"

Just some thoughts I had about the 2012 "apocalypse"

"

The “2012 apocalypse” theories were formed from people's understanding of the Mayan Calender, along with other time keeping methods such as the Meso-American Calender and the Hopi Indians and Cherokee equivalents. These calenders all depict the cycles of Planet Earth, understood primarily of the patterns of the heavens, or the stars in modern terms.

The Mayan Calender depicts the cycles of the planet, each lasting 26,000 years. Each cycle is broken down into five “sub-cycles” of 5125 years each. The Meso-American calender shows each of these ages being destroyed by one of the five elements. The calenders state that the Earth has been through four of these elements; Earth, Air, Fire and Water. The end date for our current cycle is December 21, 2012. The final element, and thus according to the calender the element that will destroy our current age is Ether, or Center. This is known in the Pagan religion (off which most other religions are based) as the element that binds all the other elements into oneness, in some ways the most powerful element of all. While the other four are physical entities, the sorts of things able to be seen and felt on the normal level, Ether is the missing link, if you will, of everything else, known also (in other religions) as Chi. In some senses, it is the very fabric of the universe.

To tone it down: The Mayan Calender, along with other such calenders, predicts destruction of the world as we know it by Ether.

There have been a considerable amount of earthquakes of recent months. I won't cite particular ones at this time, as I'm sure we all know what I'm referring to. These earthquakes are movements of the planet, to this day almost completely unexplained.

Could this be the an embodiment of this other element, Ether, bringing on the end of the cycle?

I could rant on for hours about this, not sure if it all makes sense, but I can elaborate if necessary.

Just a thought.

© 2011 The Night Fox


Author's Note

The Night Fox
This is just an idea I had one night, posted it on Facebook, thought I'd put it up here. Pretty short at this time, it's not exactly a thesis, but I can elaborate and expand it, if people are interested.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Hmm... Interesting idea. The begining is well thought out and seems to be legit. You use your data well and explain the back ground of the situation clearly. To improve the communication of your idea, you could try expanding the second portion of the essay.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Totally!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Can I post this on my facebook?

Posted 12 Years Ago


Hmm... Interesting idea. The begining is well thought out and seems to be legit. You use your data well and explain the back ground of the situation clearly. To improve the communication of your idea, you could try expanding the second portion of the essay.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

241 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 15, 2011
Last Updated on March 15, 2011

Author

The Night Fox
The Night Fox

Christchurch, New Zealand



About
What's there to say? I've been writing since I was a kid, anything from novels to poetry to fan fictions. Some of my stuff is good, a lot isn't. I don't write for fame or money, I doubt many writers.. more..

Writing
Wake Up Wake Up

A Story by The Night Fox


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by The Night Fox