Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
1000 feet up, 1000 feet down

1000 feet up, 1000 feet down

A Poem by The They
"

Transitions

"

A dark ocean carried by the wind obscures my travel.
As the last sliver of light disappears behind the ghostly sea of clouds, I dream of you.
Memories worm their way into my conscience.
Like your fingers gently weaving through my hair,

Though I have not even reached my destination, I can only think of returning.
I must repress what passions remain or this week will tear me apart. 
Away from you I am away from life. 
These thoughts rush by along with the clouds: transient in their form, continuous in their substance. 
A voice pulls me away. 
Her face, barely visible in the dark of the cabin, once beautiful now wrinkled with time stares at me with a formality: a smile.

The cold cup passes from her hand to mine, and I am out the window again.
The clouds are gone, replaced by the spreading tendrils of light that characterize the spontaneity of urban invasiveness.
Looking down I see cars, buildings, people, and in this transient state between destinations, between sleep and wakefulness, between happiness and sorrow, I dream that each one has a face like yours.

I dream of a world filled with you.

© 2011 The They


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Beautiful. Absolutly Lovely. I love This.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

173 Views
1 Review
Added on October 22, 2011
Last Updated on October 22, 2011

Author

The They
The They

Cambridge, MA



About
I am the most normal person you will ever meet. I am a man who aspires to gain no one's attention. My greatest dream is to stagnate in a cubical in some routine 9 to 5 job while wearing a suit. My pri.. more..

Writing
Coastline Coastline

A Poem by The They


The Landing The Landing

A Poem by The They